Oil,Coolant,And clutch leak. - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD Mechanical
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 11-04-2003, 07:04 PM   #1
Vinny
spit happens

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Oil,Coolant,And clutch leak.

Just picked up the bike for the 3 reasons.
They replaced the cap on the cooling system.They said it wasn't holding good enough pressure.
Thought that the back cam cover was leaking oil.It turned out to be the rubber vent line that goes into the air cover.They had to order that pc.Figures.
My clutch leak was the seal for the master cylinder.They broke it when they had the front end assy. all tore apart for the clicking and popping awhile back.
They also replaced the fuel flange that I got a recall for.

The dealer showed me a tech bulliten they got from HD.Saying that the water pump hose has been known to collapse.So watch out for it.

IT'S FOR SALE
And it eats turbos for breakfast
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2003, 07:07 PM   #2
Max
Color me Gone

Feedback Score: 66 reviews
vrodvinny what did the bulletin say to do for the hose, install a spring?

The road of life sometimes seems full of potholes. RIP Jeannie, Alex and Brian. I'll never forget any of you.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 07:30 PM   #3
Vinny
spit happens

I really get to read all they way thru I got sidetracked.But I would think a spring would do the trick.I'm gonna call them tom.morning and see if they can email me a copy of the bulletin.Then I shall send it to ya max,so you can post it.Hopefully they will.or else i'll see if they can make me a copy of it and i'll pick up tom. after work.

IT'S FOR SALE

Old 11-05-2003, 07:08 PM   #4
Vinny
spit happens

Ok I called the dealer at 9:30am and they said they would make me a copy,So after work I went to pick it up.They said "NO"that is for the dealers only"I go tto read it tho.It said it collapses when it is cooling down.Because of the inside diameter of the fill tube where the cap goes.The ID should check .705-.725 inches.If it is smaller than the technican must grind out to the correct size.Make sure that you put a paper towel or rag in the fill tube to avoid getting shavings in the coolant.
Also it said that the plastic tube that is on the cap for the overfill tank has been known to crack.
I asked if there was a site to see anymore tech bulletins and they said that it is only for dealers.
I don't get it? Is HD trying to ride problems from everyone except the dealers,relying on them to tell the customers?

IT'S FOR SALE
Old 11-05-2003, 07:44 PM   #5
Vinny
spit happens

Oh yeah
I forgot to mention.My tube in the overfill tank was broke the first day I had it.I turned it around then.When I got home from the dealer today,I checked it again.It fell off the cap.When I went to pll it out I broke it in half.
Knowing that I know for a fact that they don't listen to where I say the leak is.It is coming out from the over fill line that runs to the rad. shroud.
How would a bad cap make it leak at the highest point(overfilltank) of the coolant system?
They never looked at the ovfill tank.If they would have they would've noticed the cracked tube.
I think the bike was made on a monday or friday.With all the leaks it has,but no mechanical problems yet.Knock on wood.

IT'S FOR SALE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement