Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Engine Miss 3,200 - 5,000 rpm

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  MikeSez 
#1 · (Edited)
Getting loss of power, missing at 3,200 - 5,000 rpm in my 2003 VRSCA. Idles fine and clears up after 5,000 but feels like it has less power than it should. Bike is ridable if I shift early and miss that rpm range. This problem started a day after I quickly power washed the bike but it rode fine after I washed it so that could just be coincidence and have nothing to do with it because I have noticed this happening briefly before but only for a second when it the engine was still cold. Now it happens all the time at that rpm range. I have tried replacing plugs, coils and ckp sensor. There are no codes. Looking for suggestions before I keep throwing money at parts.

Also, I can tell its both cylinders separately because this also occurs while revving bike in neutral not just under load and I am able to feel miss out of each exhaust pipe.

#5 ·
Kevg90,
Take a look at this old forum I posted regarding making your own tool. Coffee cans of that nature are hard to come by now a days but you may be lucky and have one in your garage.
'
Check this LINK

#6 ·
I’ve taken the fuel tank top off with a strap wrench and with a large brass drift used on the base of the “ fins” around the ring. I think a 6” piece of pvc pipe with slots cut into it would work too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I had the same problem. Checked with Harley about the bulletin and my bike wasn't in the vin range. Found a old tin coffee can, opened the tank and the fuel line fell off a connector. I'm surprised it ran at all. If I remember right, it was certain defective plastic flanges on certain 03 and 04 that Harley was repairing for.....free?
Its hard to believe but that's what the service writer said. Mine wasn't included but maybe yours is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.