1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum - View Single Post - On the path to a Trask Turbo...
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
New User? Register - Forgot Password

View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 08:32 PM   #13
freudie1
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyfack View Post
My budget is pretty lax, i could spend around 1k a month on reliability add ons. a new clutch here, a brace there. I want the engine to still be bulletproof but also want it to be crazy fast/talk of the town. But the bike is my daily driver (300+ days) as i live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I was leaning toward kits due to the companies supplying them have researched and trialled and found what works, so i don't have to guess.

Freudie, i have doubled back and looked again at the Rotrex SC from TTS and they seem to be reliable and have the ability to push it 200 with proper engine mods. i plan on messaging them for their input on engine mods. why do you feel SC are better than TC for the street?

Sean, Thanks for your input. Your 197/131 dyno run is impressive from the MWT rally. You mentioned I will need ARP motor bolts and pinned main bearings when i push for the 200hp. is there a list you are going off or a checklist... i have searched a lot of pages on here and keep finding different results to what to upgrade, and it seem like this forum has faded as not a lot of people are making new posts. i just want a list so i can go through and check it off with what power im looking for. I don't want to over build and get a billet crankcase and i don't want to underbuild and miss a 400 dollar bolt kit when i buy a 5k forced induction kit.

i.e.
120 stock engine
130 upgraded fuel delivery system
140 billet clutch basket
150 carbon fiber clutch pads
160 motor brace
250 billet crankcase
556 LSA Crate engine
I think a billet basket (and possibly billet pressure plate, but only the out of business Holy Moto made one that I am aware of...) with barnett clutch pack, engine brace, and PROPER tuning (read: tune for knock reduction/elimination) will get you a long way.

I say the word "proper" as there is a virus on this forum that these engines are immune to knock. They aren't. More so when you go the aftermarket ECU for these bikes you lose the knock detection system....which I believe is the real cause for so many 200 hp "failures" that I have read about over the years.

Then again, I don't have a 200 hp Vrod. Then again maybe I will if I can ever get the compressor in that I want and prove the power of the stock ecu....

As for blower vs turbo: I'm not a fan of the additional piping required (and hot pipes by your leg) that a turbo on a bike usually requires. The blower can get you just as far and with a much more compact/street rideable package. IF I was building a race bike...sure..turbo all day (less parasitic loss and easier to adjust boost levels). For street applications I think the blower route will get where you want power wise and give you an edge on reliability (stay away from the Sprintex units that run off the water pump shaft....stupid idea).

I like the TTS kit, but I don't like that the blower is external. The ultimate was the Holy Moto kit that "hid" the blower under the airbox. If only they weren't out of business (can you tell I'm salty about them being out of business yet!?).
freudie1 is online now   Reply With Quote