1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum - View Single Post - On the path to a Trask Turbo...
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
New User? Register - Forgot Password

View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 12:00 PM   #5
Garyfack
Registered Full

Thanks ozzie for your insight, the entire trask line does seem like they have it covered. and Pheonix is only 14 hrs from me so its doable but what if you wanted to go more boost, could you with the trask. I'd like to possibly push 200HP

Freudie
Quote:
1. Thundermax.....junk. Either a DTT or better yet get a PowerVision and find a real tuner that knows how to scale map values within a 1 bar table for boost (it's totally possible/done with great success).
everytime i look for tuners i have a difficult time findid the tunres that have a pressure sensor add on...

Quote:
2. Pingel: You drag racing? If not, consider the fact that it's about a grand just for that shifter. For the street, completely not needed.
as far as the pingel goes i have forward controls from alteredstate so i dont think this style would work any way. and this would be a mere redlining situation for when i want to shift like a bat out of hell not all the time type thing

Quote:
4. ARP kit: At your boost levels (i.e. stock Trask kit) you won't be lifting heads or stressing stock rod bolts.
id like to possibly push 200HP would like to run more that jsut stock... and if the ARP is only 185 and would take a couple of hours of install that i can do im all for it to make my engine stronger for years to come.

Quote:
5. Clutch: Barnett carbon kit and IF you can score a billet basket even better.
yup the game plan is to go with Fitzgerald on this because i like to do holeshots off any line when i ride.

Quote:
6. Fuel pump/injectors/rail: There are many plug and play injectors available for our bikes...no need for the "upgraded" rail.
i was looking but not sure what i needed for a boosted setup hence the questioning of the forum.

Quote:
7. 58mm throttle body: Don't. Tons of reasons all over this forum.
i have only seen the issue of the butterflies breaking, that's why i figured Fitzgerald has his on that defeats this? is there other concerns and is the upgraded throttle body even necessary if i'm pushing the air down its throat anyway.

Quote:
8. Trask turbo kit: Now this is MY opinion...but that "kit" is really low end. The lack of true fabrication and fitment speaks for itself. IF I was going the turbo route on these bikes (and I think that should only be if you are drag racing, otherwise the superchargers make more sense on the street) I'd look into a custom build. It will likely cost the same in the end and be built to a much higher level of quality and sensibility (sideways intercooler anyone...I digress).
as far as this is concerned i was going with turbo because of the thought of only having it pressured when im going hard and superchargers are always pressurizing throughout the RPM range. I saw on a NLC (i think) turbo they put a little scoop on the intercooler to force air on to theirs thats what my plan is if i go this route. but it seems everytime i see posts about getting a turbo there are just as many that say go supercharger.

Quote:
9. Dyno: Ask around (the forums and in the real world) what level of spark knock the turbo guys are seeing. You'll find out real quickly that few shops that tune bikes know what that means and worse have no way to detect it because most of the turbo guys chose the "better" aftermarket ecms (you can hear my sarcasm right?). Search the forums on this...I have preached enough on this for a few days of reading.
this is the main reason i wanted to go piggyback tuner but my current tuner says nothing about the ability to use a pressure sensor and i second guess myself.

but if i start with the billet basket, pan, and motor brace , and then add the Barnett carbon fiber clutch pads will this be good to start with until i figure whether to turbo or supercharge. If i plan to push upwards of 200HP would the ARP bolt kit be necessary then?
Garyfack is offline   Reply With Quote