Originally Posted by GLRSR1951
I am having the same problem on my 2006 Dyna Wide Glide. I replaced the coil but did not fix the problem.
1. What's the Y/BE wire?
2. Is there a way to test the ECM?
3. Is there a way to test the coil other than on the bike? (Maybe I swaped in another
I don't have technical data on Dyna models so I'm not sure if the VRSC wiring color codes are the same but:
- The Y/BE wire for VRSC bikes is used to fire the coil by connecting this wire to ground through an electronic switch in the ECM.
- There are no ECM tests mentioned in the VRSC EDMs (electrical diagnostic manuals). If the coil tests (various coil tests are explained in the EDM) are good, an ECM malfunction is then considered to be a likely cause.
- I don't know what you mean by this. Coil resistance tests can be performed either on or off the bike.