Changes to 1130cc.com - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 05-13-2008, 05:37 PM   #1
Big-Rod
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Changes to 1130cc.com

Hi there,

I'm sure you've noticed we've made some changes to your favorite V-Rod destination. I'm sure there'll be a lot of questions, and some confusion, so I hope that we can help any way we can.

First of all, we're still working to resolve some issues such as the photo gallery.

As we mentioned in the Motorcycle.com Intro thread, we have introduced ads to the site. These ads do help to generate revenue, but we are giving options.

First of all, you will see fewer ads if you are logged in. This will get rid of the banner that appears in the middle of threads.

Second, all registered members have the ability to turn off those text ads called "IntelliTXT" that converts some words into ads. You can disable these by selecting the appropriate option on the Edit Profile page: http://www.1130cc.com/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile

Third, we are introducing paid Premium memberships. These come in two formats, a recurring one-year Premium membership and a Lifetime Premium membership. Both of these options allow users to disable the column on the left including all of those ads along the side. Premium members can also do this on the Edit Profile page: http://www.1130cc.com/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile

PLEASE NOTE: In recognition of those who have been active participants on 1130cc before we made these changes, those with over 1,000 posts will be given Premium Member status for 3 months as of today.

Also: the default avatar size limit has been lowered from 125x125 to 96x96 pixels. However, those of you who already have avatars larger than 96x96 will be able to keep them. But if you change avatars again, your new one will have to fit under the new limit. Premium members are allowed avatars up to 144x168 pixels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2008, 06:44 PM   #2
keebie
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Rod View Post
Hi there,

I'm sure you've noticed we've made some changes to your favorite V-Rod destination. I'm sure there'll be a lot of questions, and some confusion, so I hope that we can help any way we can.

First of all, we're still working to resolve some issues such as the photo gallery.

As we mentioned in the Motorcycle.com Intro thread, we have introduced ads to the site. These ads do help to generate revenue, but we are giving options.

First of all, you will see fewer ads if you are logged in. This will get rid of the banner that appears in the middle of threads.

Second, all registered members have the ability to turn off those text ads called "IntelliTXT" that converts some words into ads. You can disable these by selecting the appropriate option on the Edit Profile page: http://www.1130cc.com/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile

Third, we are introducing paid Premium memberships. These come in two formats, a recurring one-year Premium membership and a Lifetime Premium membership. Both of these options allow users to disable the column on the left including all of those ads along the side. Premium members can also do this on the Edit Profile page: http://www.1130cc.com/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile

PLEASE NOTE: In recognition of those who have been active participants on 1130cc before we made these changes, those with over 1,000 posts will be given Premium Member status for 3 months as of today.

Also: the default avatar size limit has been lowered from 125x125 to 96x96 pixels. However, those of you who already have avatars larger than 96x96 will be able to keep them. But if you change avatars again, your new one will have to fit under the new limit. Premium members are allowed avatars up to 144x168 pixels.
fix that logo! that aint no vrod engine in the upper right behind the coppertop vrod
keebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:49 PM   #3
keebie
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i also dont care for having to scrolll down to start seeing the posts when i click a topic, that ad placement sucks
keebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:51 PM   #4
Big-Rod
Premium Member

We will, thats not just something i can change like the chick from bewitched. No wiggling of the nose will change that. I have to get my designers to make the adjustments.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:53 PM   #5
jh1515
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Rod View Post
Hi there,

jh1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:54 PM   #6
capngeo
George

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Where'd the gallery go?

The World's ONLY "Firefighter Special Edition" V-Rod

Ol' Bubba, Popes of Hell MC

You start the game of life with a full pot o' luck and an empty pot o' experience...
The object is to fill the pot of experience before you empty the pot of luck
capngeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:55 PM   #7
capngeo
George

AND why does both Premium and Lifetime appear under my name?

The World's ONLY "Firefighter Special Edition" V-Rod

Ol' Bubba, Popes of Hell MC

You start the game of life with a full pot o' luck and an empty pot o' experience...
The object is to fill the pot of experience before you empty the pot of luck
capngeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:55 PM   #8
Gdub
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
because you have already been charged money to be here.
Gdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:57 PM   #9
jh1515
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Well, I figured that paid subscriptions would come with the new format. This new layout sucks with ads by Google etc, screwed up galleries, and everything moved around. What was wrong with the way it was?
jh1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:59 PM   #10
Neo541
Witty Line Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by capngeo View Post
Where'd the gallery go?
Gone until tomorrow morning according to the admin.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:53 PM   #11
tcvrod
King of Safety !

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have to say that I am extremely disappointed in the way you have handled this take over. Its a business to you and a passion to us. I work in the IT industry and if you had any respect for the user – (me) you would have done this in the middle of the night .As far as memberships and Fees for some – I think you missed the point of what this site was about. Don’t get me wrong I support MAX 10000 % but I don’t support the current owners. And you wonder why you’ve had problems in the past with your forum take overs and why they suddenly fail. I will no Longer be coming to great wonderful site that you have destroyed in 1 day after the 90 day membership expires. I currently have access to software and possible server space for anyone who would like to try and go back to the old way .To any members that care here are my stats
Craig Elliott
Aim—pawpaw2me
Email – Craig-elliott@sbcglobal.net and Craig.elliott@emerson.com
tcvrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:00 PM   #12
outlawbiker
141hp/91 Ft lbs tq!!

"
PLEASE NOTE: In recognition of those who have been active participants on 1130cc before we made these changes, those with over 1,000 posts will be given Premium Member status for 3 months as of today."

What about those of us that have been members for YEARS but don't write something every other time we log in?
Old 05-13-2008, 08:23 PM   #13
onequickvrod
onequickvrod

yea outlaw been here since 5-20-04 but remember screw the old guys that don't post just to be posting if i have a legit topic question or reply i post of course since i ride a v rod theres really never any problem with it so that means fewer posts from me and by the way Big-Rod what year and model v rod do you have?
onequickvrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:33 PM   #14
mystic1221
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawbiker View Post
"
PLEASE NOTE: In recognition of those who have been active participants on 1130cc before we made these changes, those with over 1,000 posts will be given Premium Member status for 3 months as of today."

What about those of us that have been members for YEARS but don't write something every other time we log in?

Daily Thought:
Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.
mystic1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:37 PM   #15
PASCAL
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawbiker View Post
"

quantity over quality
PASCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement