Black "R" / "A" Light Mod for the DX - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCDX
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2008, 03:20 PM   #1
HDandBuell
DTH-DLR
 
HDandBuell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bryan, Texas
Posts: 545
Images: 14
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Black "R" / "A" Light Mod for the DX

Edit:
Pics are now in my gallery!

Original:
I was finally able to look in the box that was delivered yesterday here at work and I am happy to say, my DX will have a black "R" light on it, either tonight or tomorrow.

The "R" light is the same as, or close to, the "A" light.

If you are interested in doing this, here are the part numbers. My total cost delivered was $180 (from Zanotti):

3832M (2 each) - The screws that connect the light assy to the bracket.
3709M (2 each) - The screws that connect the bracket to the triple tree.
67657-05 (1 each) - The jumper cable that separated the high and low beam to the respective bulb.
69860-07 (1 each) - The bracket in black that holds the light assy.
69873-07 (1 each) - The light assembly that had the black bucket and the bulbs included.

From looking at the parts, it appears that no powder coating is necessary so this is an all black mod (except the screws).

I will take pics and post them when I am done with the change over.

If I do not need anymore parts, my DX light and fairing will be for sale if you are interested. I will post to the classifieds or eBay section.
__________________
'07 VRSCDX Vivid/Denim
HDandBuell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-21-2008, 03:47 PM   #2
sinic
INCONCEIVABLE!
 
sinic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,529
Images: 33
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
This is something I absolutely want to do as well ... please let us know how it goes and post pics ...

I will be very intrested to see how this goes
sinic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:49 PM   #3
Neo541
Witty Line Here
 
Neo541's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,615
Images: 58
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinic
This is something I absolutely want to do as well ... please let us know how it goes and post pics ...

I will be very intrested to see how this goes
__________________
Signature here
Neo541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:04 PM   #4
Out'Law
Flyin-By
 
Out'Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 125
Images: 3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
We need Pics ASAP! Plz!
__________________
'08 VRSCDX ABS Vivid Black/Mirage Orange Pearl "D"Bars
Out'Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:31 AM   #5
2008VRSCSPECIAL
Brady
 
2008VRSCSPECIAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wilburton, Oklahoma
Posts: 238
Images: 11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDandBuell
I was finally able to look in the box that was delivered yesterday here at work and I am happy to say, my DX will have a black "R" light on it, either tonight or tomorrow.

The "R" light is the same as, or close to, the "A" light.

If you are interested in doing this, here are the part numbers. My total cost delivered was $180 (from Zanotti):

3832M (2 each) - The screws that connect the light assy to the bracket.
3709M (2 each) - The screws that connect the bracket to the triple tree.
67657-05 (1 each) - The jumper cable that separated the high and low beam to the respective bulb.
69860-07 (1 each) - The bracket in black that holds the light assy.
69873-07 (1 each) - The light assembly that had the black bucket and the bulbs included.

From looking at the parts, it appears that no powder coating is necessary so this is an all black mod (except the screws).

I will take pics and post them when I am done with the change over.

If I do not need anymore parts, my DX light and fairing will be for sale if you are interested. I will post to the classifieds or eBay section.
I wish I would have known I could order part# 69873-07 I ordered all those parts separately. And it is a lot cheaper for the fully assembled part. This thread will help a lot of people.
__________________
2008 VRSCDX Denim...PC III with touch screen display, Chopped exhaust, K&N, missing rear fender..thanks 07DX.
1993 Mazda RX-7 only 1.3 liter.. 1308cc (435hp to the ground)
http://www.myspace.com/ma__honey
2008VRSCSPECIAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:51 AM   #6
alabama
Registered Full
 
alabama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: dubai
Posts: 683
Images: 15
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008VRSCSPECIAL
I wish I would have known I could order part# 69873-07 I ordered all those parts separately. And it is a lot cheaper for the fully assembled part. This thread will help a lot of people.
having been following your other thread, i was thinking the same when i read this one!
oh well, you live and learn
__________________
07 vivid dx
alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:59 AM   #7
2008VRSCSPECIAL
Brady
 
2008VRSCSPECIAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wilburton, Oklahoma
Posts: 238
Images: 11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yep...there needs to be an online source/ PDF file.. for finding part#'s. And if there already someone PLEASE send me the link.
__________________
2008 VRSCDX Denim...PC III with touch screen display, Chopped exhaust, K&N, missing rear fender..thanks 07DX.
1993 Mazda RX-7 only 1.3 liter.. 1308cc (435hp to the ground)
http://www.myspace.com/ma__honey
2008VRSCSPECIAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:03 AM   #8
HDandBuell
DTH-DLR
 
HDandBuell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bryan, Texas
Posts: 545
Images: 14
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Pics are posted in my gallery. The de-install of the old light and the install of the new light took 15 min. I did it this morning before I left for work.

I think it looks really good. What do you think?
__________________
'07 VRSCDX Vivid/Denim
HDandBuell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:06 AM   #9
alabama
Registered Full
 
alabama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: dubai
Posts: 683
Images: 15
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDandBuell
Pics are posted in my gallery. The de-install of the old light and the install of the new light took 15 min. I did it this morning before I left for work.

I think it looks really good. What do you think?
yup love this mod.
there goes next months fun money fund
__________________
07 vivid dx
alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:07 AM   #10
Neo541
Witty Line Here
 
Neo541's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,615
Images: 58
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I think it looks great! I plan to do the mod as soon as I can, that's for sure.

There are a few more pics in his gallery, but here's one so people can see it without clicking over:

__________________
Signature here
Neo541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:22 AM   #11
2008VRSCSPECIAL
Brady
 
2008VRSCSPECIAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wilburton, Oklahoma
Posts: 238
Images: 11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looks great.
__________________
2008 VRSCDX Denim...PC III with touch screen display, Chopped exhaust, K&N, missing rear fender..thanks 07DX.
1993 Mazda RX-7 only 1.3 liter.. 1308cc (435hp to the ground)
http://www.myspace.com/ma__honey
2008VRSCSPECIAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:32 AM   #12
07 HD V-Rod
H-D StepChild
 
07 HD V-Rod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Gloucester City, New Jersey
Posts: 937
Images: 18
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thumbs up Nice Look

nicely done...actually I own the "A" and wound up painting my head light housing to match the Pacific Blue Pearl paint on bike. Then topped it off with the chrome visor...I noticed your light is also painted black to match bike.
07 HD V-Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:36 AM   #13
scotman623
RIDE FREE.....
 
scotman623's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 488
Images: 10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looks GREAT.............
scotman623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:38 AM   #14
HDandBuell
DTH-DLR
 
HDandBuell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bryan, Texas
Posts: 545
Images: 14
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 HD V-Rod
I noticed your light is also painted black to match bike.
I was fortunate that all the components came in black so it was an easy out of the box mod.
__________________
'07 VRSCDX Vivid/Denim
HDandBuell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:11 AM   #15
2008VRSCSPECIAL
Brady
 
2008VRSCSPECIAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wilburton, Oklahoma
Posts: 238
Images: 11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How about light output??? I'm hoping to get more light with the swap as well. The DX light doesn't seem very bright to me. I know my sons 2007 Honda Rebel light is way brighter. And I'm gonna do the mod that makes the dim light stay on with the bright.
__________________
2008 VRSCDX Denim...PC III with touch screen display, Chopped exhaust, K&N, missing rear fender..thanks 07DX.
1993 Mazda RX-7 only 1.3 liter.. 1308cc (435hp to the ground)
http://www.myspace.com/ma__honey
2008VRSCSPECIAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum