Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

SeaSide Oregon, July 6-7, BikeFest

294 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  DFinch 
#1 ·
Here's a Spontaneous Portland area Adventure Idea...

BikeFest at Seaside is the latest offering from the north Oregon coast town, which roars into town on July 6 and 7, with the kind of rumble and spectacle only the two-wheeled vehicle can provide. BikeFest at Seaside provides a destination and venue for all motorcyclists, and for the third year in a row it’s another reason to make the pilgrimage to Seaside.

http://www.beachconnection.net/news/062907411oregon_coast_event2.php

I'm planning on roaring over from Portland in the morning Saturday and would enjoy seeing other V-rods there too. I'll spend most of the day there checking out bikes and stuff, and since it's a small quaint seaside village I'll surely either hear your V-rod, or be heard, if you come down... I wonder how many other V-rods will be there, and I for one fancy that a brilliant ride, and most excellent day trip...

Here's a couple shots from last year's event...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Awwww come on...
There has to be one V-Rodder who is around the Portland Oregon area who wants to catch a sweet bike show in Seaside Oregon? Seaside is a perfect place for this sort of event, and the entire town gets behind them... This is the third annual and a perfect impulse ride this weekend (July 7th)
:moped:

#4 ·
We will be over there either friday or saturday (and maybe both), depending on how work affects things. We also might do the Poker Run on saturday.

#5 ·
Update on the weather...

Looks to be the best weather possible for Seaside this coming weekend, and it sure would be nice if there is a nice presence of V-Rods there... I'll be watching and listening for that unmistakable sound...

My wife and I always go to the Car Cruise-in in September, where the entire town gets behind custom and collectable cars, complete with an evening rumble down the beach loop, with uncapped headers and racing slicks... It is a very cool town, and this will be my first bike show there but it looks promising for a fun day of adventure... I understand at the convention center there will be show and vendor areas, and with the quaint charm of the town it's a must...

Regardless, have a super weekend, and perhaps we can meet up down the road.

#6 ·
I'll be heading over around the crack of dawn, to get as much out of the day as I can. I do hope to meet up with some of you folks, on a marvelous day... Here's a slide show I built of last year's highlights... Just to put it into perspective...
http://www.slide.com/r/W-0Aymmr4z8wlIYW8PHaqopu9tkgng-B

#7 ·
Pretty disappointing overall, but we did find 4 other V-rod's while we were walking around.

They needed to reserve a bigger parking area to keep the bikes together. The Convention Center parking lot would have been good...or they should have reserved all of 1st st. instead of just two blocks.

Vendor zone was tiny.

Weather wasn't as good as we hoped it would be. Ride over and back was awesome though.

Damn I'm negative today.

#8 ·
DFinch said:
Pretty disappointing overall, but we did find 4 other V-rod's while we were walking around.

They needed to reserve a bigger parking area to keep the bikes together. The Convention Center parking lot would have been good...or they should have reserved all of 1st st. instead of just two blocks.

Vendor zone was tiny.

Weather wasn't as good as we hoped it would be. Ride over and back was awesome though.

Damn I'm negative today.
(Grin)...
I looked forward to this all week and blasted over to see what it was all about, and while I too only saw about 4 other V-Rods it was pretty good over all... The vendor area was rather tiny, but they still shook me down for a few bucks for a couple nice V-Rod patches... I sort of hung out until they did the poker run then wandered down the coast highway for a bit,... I split about 2PM and regretted I left as I passed vast groups of bikes heading for the beach as I drove back...

I didn't really know what to expect so for me it was a good excuse to get out and burn some miles... The ride over was quite cold at 7AM, but coming back was a dreamy ride... Next time there is an event like this we'll have to meet up for lunch for something... Was kind of nice to escape the heat in the valley though...

#9 ·
The weather on the coast was a little cooler than I hoped, but going home over the pass at about 4pm was just perfect!

Wife and I did the Salem HOG Poker run on Sunday, so we did a lot of riding this weekend (hit 3000 miles since I picked it up on 5/23).

About 250 bikes made for a great show. Ride legs included Mt. Angel, Champoeg Park, Evergreen Aviation museum (home of the Spruce Goose), and some great farmland roads.

Out of 250 or so bikes, there were exactly 2 V-rods....ours.

Great weather, great riding.

Wife's bike goes in this weekend for the full engine chrome treatment, so we're gonna miss out on some cool events sat/sun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.