Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

R. I. P. Brian (4 Play)

13K views 83 replies 72 participants last post by  KCK_Fireman 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yesterday was about as bad as it gets for 1130cc.com, we lost Brian (4 PLAY) in a crash while he was riding the Dragon:

Pictures from the Dragon.

http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/files/2/5/8/9/img_3374.jpg
http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/files/2/5/8/9/img_3375.jpg
http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/files/2/5/8/9/img_7957.jpg

Brian was an active forum member who I met and became friends with years ago at a KC Rally... he had ridden from Detroit to KC alone and without stopping (except for gas, c'mon he has a V-Rod)....

He recently rode to MWT II with a group of us Detroit Registry Guys and was proud to snag the fastest stocker award for the 1/4 mle...

He leaves behind family and friends, including three children.... he just had goten a back tat with thier names on it....http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67871&highlight=new+ink

This is a horrible loss as the Lord took Brian too soon..... he will be missed!

R.I.P. my brother.

See less See more
#4 ·
Brian Robert Raguso (4 Play)

Brian and I had become freinds since the 2005 Rally. He rode in solo from the Detroit area. The first night, we rolled into the Mexican Restaraunt in Platte City next to the Best western. There was a trickle of water from the kitchen in the parking lot, so he decided to light it up as he rolled through it. Unfortunately, at the end of the parking lot, there was some silt that built up due to the rain, and he caught it with his front tire as he tried to stop. The front end washed out and he laid it down in dramatic fashion. His front tire laid down flat, and the back end rose strait up, and dropped. We ran over to him to see if he was alright, to find him laughing. "I rode 1,000 miles in one day without a lick of trouble. I dump it in the parkinglot next to the hotel." He laughed.

That was the year it was Really HOT and we all had full face helmets. We rode out from Gails HD to find a chopper shop with skid lids for sale. You know, the illegal kind. I ended up buying one with embossed flames in black with fake carbon fiber flames. Clipped it to my belt. He brought one to the counter in a smoked chrome. As we were getting ready to leave, I grabbed the helmet from the counter, and headed back to our bikes. I didn't realize I grabbed his helmet. We were standing by the bikes waiting on him. He ended up coming out all upset. "Someone took my helmet, I didn't even get a chance to pay for it." Then he looks at me, "Hey, did you pay for that one too?" I look down and see my helmet strapped to my belt, and his helmet still in my hand. He laughed.

He's been down to Toledo's Bike night on numerous occasions. He always seems to forget that it gets dark around midnight, and I've gotten used to carrying extra clear glasses for him on his ride home. Every time I handed him clear glasses, he laughed.

Though he was going through hard times in his personal life. We never had a conversation where he didn't gloat about his children, at least a bit. He loved his kids.

He rode with abandon. He loved to run the 1/4 mile. In KC, he ran 12.00 on his stock V-Rod with a 240 rear. He brought his wheels to the house before MWTII and we had a hell of a time getting his new tires on those speedpoint wheels. "When all else fails, use more lube." He laughed. That's what I remember most about Brian, his smile was permanent. His laughter contagious. He loved life, and he loved riding. He was a handy guy, and understood our 'CODE.' He understood that money has no value between friends. It just isn't important. What is important is friendship. He always brought down shop rags, work gloves. Things we could use in the garage. He conveniently left them behind as his "Thank You." I looked into this box as he pulled out of the driveway. I pulled out a couple pair of clear saftey glasses, obviously to replace the ones he'd been borrowing after Toledo Bike Nights. I looked up at him as he was pulling out of the driveway, and he was laughing.

He had the fastest stock V-Rod title at MWTII. 11.3 seconds with a 240mm tire.

Rest in peace my friend. You are already missed.

#9 ·
smokenjoe01 said:
Thank you for sharing yourthoughts with us all RJ. Well said.
RJ,
he sounded like a True friend:( .

11.3 on stock V-rod anin't no Rookie Rider either!

GODSPEED My V-rod Brotha:angelwin: ...........

#11 ·
DrHeathenScum said:
I'd also like to add.... Pablo, you will be missed. (KC '05)
That's funny. I had almost forgotten about the infamous "Pablo." Lots of memories, but not enough.

#12 ·
Sad week for me, 9 SC. firefighters killed, 1 FDNY firefighter killed and now Brian.

R.I.P.

Stay stay safe and take care of each other.

#16 ·
Via con Dios(go with the gods!) My condolences to the family.

#17 ·
Wow this is a terrible loss for 1130cc.com. Brian and i hung out a lot at the 05 KC rally we seemed to match up a lot at the track at the rally. I know he was planning making it in 07. he and his family are in my prayers.

#25 ·
firemedic said:
Sad week for me, 9 SC. firefighters killed, 1 FDNY firefighter killed and now Brian.

R.I.P.

Stay stay safe and take care of each other.
Yes, bad week indeed. Please everyone be safe out there. Think about the people who love you. To Brian's friends and family, God be with you in this dark time. The sun will shine again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.