Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

4-sale 99' BMW R1100RT

22K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  ptschuma 
#1 ·
For Sale 1999 BMW R1100RT Boston Green with extras $7,500 or best offer
Near Manchester, NH

I purchased on 7-27-06 with 56,978 miles, from the 2nd owner who put 640 miles on in two years. The original owner put 56,000+. Bike now has 60,6XX.

I bought this bike as an everyday & touring bike, it just is a little two big for me. I am 5’8” and can’t be flat foot on it even with seat in lowest position, and even with bar backs the reach is a little much. The wife and I have just returned from Americade where I put 924 miles on a week. The RT is an awesome machine and runs great, but just doesn’t fit me the way I want. So I am looking to sell and buy something else have mt eye on a FJR. The bike is in great condition normal wear and tear; some of the clear coat on the gas tank is scuffed, from original owner who had a tank bag it can be polished out from what I have been told.

1999 BMW R1100RT Boston Green (rare color)
60,6XX miles
Heated grips
Power windshield
ABS
Cee Bailey’s Headlight guard
Engine guards
Battery tender adapter, and charger
Accessory cigarette adapter plug
BMW system cases, all three
Stock tools & pouch
Bar Backs
Sargent front and rear seat with storage tube under passenger seat
New Metz Z6 rear (put on at Americade about 700 miles on it)
New Metz Z6 front (when I bought bike so about 3500 miles on it)
Stock windshield on, spare Cee Bailey’s light green tint 4.5” taller & 4” wider new (too tall for me)
Rear floorboards, have all stock pegs
Bike cover
New battery in 6-3-05
Have title in hand

I also have a Givi E460 top case with backrest pad and new top case luggage rack (rack installed two days ago.) This is to be sold separate for $250 (stock BMW top case goes with bike)

Some older pics are in my gallery, I do not have the Corbin seat anymore. And some pictures have the larger tinted windshield.

PM or E-mail me, please put BMW in subject line.

See less See more
#2 ·
#3 ·
Damn Jeff sorry to hear your selling it, I know how excited you were when you picked it up. Anyways its a good looking ride and should sell quickly..

#4 ·
Ergoguy34 said:
Damn Jeff sorry to hear your selling it, I know how excited you were when you picked it up. Anyways its a good looking ride and should sell quickly..

I have my eye on a 04 FJR, it fits me much better than the BMW. The BMW is an awesome ride, just a little too big.

#5 ·
What a coincidence, I pick up my 2003 R1150RT tomorrow. Had an 02 in 02 and it was an awesome ride. Gotta love the RTs. I looked at the Honda ST, the FJR and checked out the new Kawa Concours 14 but the RT has the best riding position. IMHO

#6 ·
I love the bike, just that it is a little tall and the reach even with the bar backs is too much. I only started to bother me after the long week. I have done 300+ miles days without incident, but stack them up and I feel it. The FJR is a better fit for my size. Enjoy your new ride, post some pic. They are a sweet machine.

#7 ·
I went to the local Yama dealer to check out the fJR and they had two in stock. One standard shift and one of the new automatic shift models. I asked if I could test ride one. I was told they had no other demo models and weren't interested in letting me ride one of the two on the floor unless I planned on buying it that day. I politely told them to jam it.

#8 ·
#10 ·
how comfortable is this bike for the passenger?

#11 ·
Damnit Firemedic......My GF tells me I can't have another bike until I have a bigger garage......if I were to buy a touring bike, this would be the one!!!

#12 ·
Hey Gunny I will send you a PM

99eve I is the most comfy bike she has ridden on.....well minus my buddies BMW Lt. Large seats, decent wind protection, plenty of leg room.

RJ it is a great bike! I just wish it was a little smaller or I was a little bigger.

The Yamaha FJR is the bike I was looking for, but couldn't find any. And the few I found were out of my price range.

#13 ·
:hidesbeh: :deal:

#15 ·
I just had the 60K service done for $534.14, with all fluids replaced. Front brakes have about 3-5K left on them, next oil change they are going to get done. Still for sale.
$7,000

#16 ·
:deal: :D

#17 ·
$6800 small drop......

#18 ·
firemedic said:
$6800 small drop......
Have you found the FJR that you want? After getting back from the rally, I have decided to sell my FJR. (the rally will do that too you.) I am going to get my wife a V-rod and get rid of all the other bikes. The FJR is a wonderful bike, but if I can survive 3500 miles on a V-rod and still have a smile on my face, it doesn't make sense to keep the FJR.

#19 ·
Chip said:
Have you found the FJR that you want? After getting back from the rally, I have decided to sell my FJR. (the rally will do that too you.) I am going to get my wife a V-rod and get rid of all the other bikes. The FJR is a wonderful bike, but if I can survive 3500 miles on a V-rod and still have a smile on my face, it doesn't make sense to keep the FJR.

I have found a couple, but without selling the BMW my hands are tied. Remind me about yours again? :deal:

#20 ·
$6250

#22 ·
$6000 :deal:

#23 ·
#24 ·
looks like I have to replace my Tahoe.....

price drop to $5500 or BO

#25 ·
Wow.... wish I could....

#26 ·
sold :D

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.