Front signal relocate and upside down mirrors - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCDX
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 03-17-2007, 03:21 PM   #1
FINNS VROD
Finn

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Front signal relocate and upside down mirrors

Man was this easy.
It all started when I looked over my shoulder and didnt see a car. Did a routine check of the mirror and started making the lane change. All this in about 1 second. A car that was directly behind me THAT I DIDNT SEE and was moving faster than me pulled out the same time. Needless to say the Pucker factor was about a 10+.
Went directly to the Harley dealer and bought the Signal relocate kit
Part #57205-05 and turned the mirrors upside down. Man is this alot better, I can see everything behind me perfectly and I have to say it looks pretty cool also, IMHO, Took about 20 minutes from start to finish.
Peace and ride safe,
Finn
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0176.JPG
Views:	492
Size:	667.9 KB
ID:	73946   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0177.JPG
Views:	592
Size:	603.0 KB
ID:	73947  
PCIII
Pondo's Revolver Caps
FINNS VROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2007, 04:15 PM   #2
Beeek
Lover of Bikes

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Good stuff! I've seen a few like this but no one has addressed what I'm wondering about...will they dent the tank like the signals do if you drop it?
Beeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 04:47 PM   #3
FINNS VROD
Finn

I have about a 1/2" clearance between the tank/Frame and the Mirror. The attached pictures are with the forks against the stops....So I would have to say no unless the Handle Bars get bent.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0178.JPG
Views:	269
Size:	501.9 KB
ID:	73970   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0179.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	488.1 KB
ID:	73971   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0180.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	412.7 KB
ID:	73972  
PCIII
Pondo's Revolver Caps
Old 03-17-2007, 05:25 PM   #4
nightrod81
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
you better cut them blinkers down a few feet. i allways hated the harley blinker reloc mounts.. should git the drag specialtys ones.. thay have the blinker real close to the forks.. much cleaner lookin..
nightrod81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 12:22 AM   #5
norrak
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrod81
you better cut them blinkers down a few feet. i allways hated the harley blinker reloc mounts.. should git the drag specialtys ones.. thay have the blinker real close to the forks.. much cleaner lookin..
Is this the part you are referring to?
http://www.dragspecialties.com/fatbo...=turn%20signal
16GA SE, SE air filter, V-Gauge V.2, JE Illusions paint set w/ Vgauge airbox, HogPro wheels, Rick's tank, 120/200 Metz, AIM clutch plate, Caliper mount Motolights, Bluegauges, custom gauge faceplate, Progressive fronts, 440's rear, HID/Xenon headlight kit, Smoked Stage 2 V taillight, CD LED turnsignals/running lights, CD Hyperstrips, back off modulator, AMSSS seat mod, Joker Mirrors, Kuryakyn parts, BP Belt guard, lots of chrome and misc parts
norrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:55 AM   #6
Nas3car
Shelby Stanga Rocks

Finn I did mine months ago and agree that is the best mod by far. It should come factory like that.

Nightrod81 The old style one were sticking out a few inches the new one are pretty tight in. They are in more than when located under the bars.
Any Edit is to fix spelling
Hunt and Peck its a way of life
Still no Facebook just older
BUMPER beats HELMET every time.
They removed my soul to fit in all this sarcasm
Nas3car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:28 AM   #7
nightrod81
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrak
Is this the part you are referring to?
http://www.dragspecialties.com/fatbo...=turn%20signal

no im not talkin abou tthose, i dont know the part number, but there really tight to the fork. i mean the blinker almost touches the fork. much better lookin ...
Old 03-18-2007, 08:42 AM   #8
norrak
Registered Full

Quote:
no im not talkin abou tthose, i dont know the part number, but there really tight to the fork. i mean the blinker almost touches the fork. much better lookin ...
Ok, I think this is it? I know V-mod carries them.
http://www.dragspecialties.com/fatbo...0turn%20signal
16GA SE, SE air filter, V-Gauge V.2, JE Illusions paint set w/ Vgauge airbox, HogPro wheels, Rick's tank, 120/200 Metz, AIM clutch plate, Caliper mount Motolights, Bluegauges, custom gauge faceplate, Progressive fronts, 440's rear, HID/Xenon headlight kit, Smoked Stage 2 V taillight, CD LED turnsignals/running lights, CD Hyperstrips, back off modulator, AMSSS seat mod, Joker Mirrors, Kuryakyn parts, BP Belt guard, lots of chrome and misc parts
Old 03-18-2007, 08:49 AM   #9
norrak
Registered Full

Quote:
Ok, I think this is it? I know V-mod carries them.
http://www.dragspecialties.com/fatbo...0turn%20signal
Old 03-18-2007, 10:06 AM   #10
nightrod81
Registered Full

i think those are them...
let me go look at the package...
YEP those are the ones i got, but the picture is wrong
mine are butted up close to the forks looks very nice, i think rj has a set on his, look in his gallery...
Old 03-18-2007, 12:48 PM   #11
FINNS VROD
Finn

Those look like they stick out farther than the HD relo's, and they kinda look cheap...
PCIII
Pondo's Revolver Caps
Old 03-18-2007, 01:00 PM   #12
nightrod81
Registered Full

yeah, but thay dont look like that in real life. i have no clue why they have that pic on there... mine are very close to the forks, maybee and 1/8th of an inch away if that... looks great, dont mind those pics of the ones on this page...
Old 03-18-2007, 06:38 PM   #13
SMOKIN ROD
HOLY RODKNOCKERS !

They look sweet ! what do you get exactly with this relocation kit ? thanx!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINNS VROD
Man was this easy.
It all started when I looked over my shoulder and didnt see a car. Did a routine check of the mirror and started making the lane change. All this in about 1 second. A car that was directly behind me THAT I DIDNT SEE and was moving faster than me pulled out the same time. Needless to say the Pucker factor was about a 10+.
Went directly to the Harley dealer and bought the Signal relocate kit
Part #57205-05 and turned the mirrors upside down. Man is this alot better, I can see everything behind me perfectly and I have to say it looks pretty cool also, IMHO, Took about 20 minutes from start to finish.
Peace and ride safe,
Finn
My Toyz 07NightRod(special) SE tuner,K&N,Topless,110.80HP,77.01Torque, RR Pegs,sport visor,Axle Spikes,Joker mirrors,Superbrace,Vance&Hines IndypPipe 2011 ROADGLIDE ULTRA MerlotRed 02 Ford Lightning 425rwhp 496rwt
SMOKIN ROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:36 PM   #14
norrak
Registered Full

Quote:
yeah, but thay dont look like that in real life. i have no clue why they have that pic on there... mine are very close to the forks, maybee and 1/8th of an inch away if that... looks great, dont mind those pics of the ones on this page...
Thanks. I think I see the difference. With the HD kit (I have one) the main piece wraps halfway around the fork and then juts out about 1.5 inches., the turn signal sits in the middle on the fork. With Drag Specialties, it looks like their mount actually screws into the bolt on the triple tree which is located a little behind the the fork. So, with theirs, the signal sits a little farther back and yes, Im guessing, much closer to the fork.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:18 PM   #15
FINNS VROD
Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKIN ROD
They look sweet ! what do you get exactly with this relocation kit ? thanx!
Longer Pinch Bolt, Bracket for the turn signal, bolt to attach signal to bracket, and an acorn nut for the mirror attachment.
Second easiest mod so far, first, Pondos caps.
Peace and ride safe,
Finn
PCIII
Pondo's Revolver Caps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement