As many of you have posted about, I have been trying to find a solution for the passenger peg comfort problem.
I've decided to try and make some on my own with helps of my brother and some other folks. It's in a very preliminary stage, but here are some photos of what we have so far.
A couple goals I had:
1 - Comfortable (not hard to do compared to stock)
2 - Structural integrity so it can do its job
3 - Aesthetically pleasing whether you have the stock exhaust or not
4 - Sell 'em if there is enough interest
Everything that I've come across looks pretty hokey, is expensive, or just isn't my style.
Hopefully you guys can see past the roughness that is the current stage of the progress and let me know what you think. Some ideas have been reworked already, but I was excited to see some resemblance of a functional part.
Comfort is what's lacking for the passenger legs. Hope your project brings or stretch the passenger legs further forward and down a bit. I can't wait to see the finish product and I'm pretty sure, you'll have enough demand for it. The one thing I ask is to have a chrome finish to match my DX. Ride safe...
"No matter what it is, it's always better to enjoy a safe ride"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You could just make it without the bushing, and anybody that buys a set would have to press the bushing out of their existing bracket and press it into the new bracket. BTW, I am most definitely interested in a set. Let us know when you have a price nailed down.
The rough version is being measured/inputted into CAD currently so it can be CNC'd. Of course, since its through a hook-up, it is low-priority, but I should know more soon. After I get one run off, any further tweaks should be easy enough to accommodate.
It sucks it is taking so long, but can't do much at this point. Stay tuned!