Foot peg - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCDX
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 12-24-2012, 01:02 PM   #1
odman

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Foot peg

just purchased a 2012 nite rod. Vrscdx. I have been driving it at high speeds to only have my right foot only slide off the foot peg. thought it might be the shoe I was wearing and it seems to happen with all the shoes I wear. maybe just need to press down harder on the peg are locate my foot behind the break petal. anyone else had this problem. sorry if this has been answered are posting in wrong area. not good at these forums.:alien
odman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 06:40 AM   #2
08-105th
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Try hooking your boot toe under the brake lever, [not with much upward pressure] helps keep it located... even at above 100
Vance & Hines 2-1 -- Fuelpack
08-105th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #3
rbabos
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by odman View Post
just purchased a 2012 nite rod. Vrscdx. I have been driving it at high speeds to only have my right foot only slide off the foot peg. thought it might be the shoe I was wearing and it seems to happen with all the shoes I wear. maybe just need to press down harder on the peg are locate my foot behind the break petal. anyone else had this problem. sorry if this has been answered are posting in wrong area. not good at these forums.:alien
I've noticed the slip effect as well on occaision. Stock pegs suck so I went with iso pegs.
Ron
rbabos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #4
killerVRod
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
The other thing you can try is to get a peg that has an adjustable clevis (will have a bolt where the female clevis touches the male part). Joker machine ones are real nice:

http://jokermachine.com/products/har...fter-pegs.html
Custom Lapis Blue V-Rod (Rick's 240 Lector wheel setup,chrome swingarm,Rizoma bars,signal relocators,LED rear lights,V-mod pipes,Custom cut sidemount plate,11.5" SmoothRide shocks,spike grips,Custom cut mirrors, 3" tribal forward controls)
http://www.alteredstatedesign.net
killerVRod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:17 PM   #5
harleynurse
caferacer

Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Try spraying that new "rough grip" grit paint on the rubber peg. Also......Vertically challenged(Short) riders typically have a difficult time with forward control foot grip/reach.
03VRSCA sold after 50,000 miles.
harleynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:17 PM   #6
rejector
Retired/Fired

I found in most cases the shoe/boots being a problem; especially if wet, a little wet and or grease/oil from the road when at stops. When possible i go for the non slip soles (oil/water) like slip on work boot (lazy with laces). When on longer rides i went for the side zip up full tactical boot with gel inserts (link below). They come in various heights/colours, steel or soft caps and are damn comfortable and are a good talking piece when getting pulled over by the fuzz/gremlins.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/comefo.html

Last edited by rejector; 12-26-2012 at 11:21 PM. Reason: pinhole glassess
rejector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:12 AM   #7
Dereiter
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejector View Post
I found in most cases the shoe/boots being a problem; especially if wet, a little wet and or grease/oil from the road when at stops. When possible i go for the non slip soles (oil/water) like slip on work boot (lazy with laces). When on longer rides i went for the side zip up full tactical boot with gel inserts (link below). They come in various heights/colours, steel or soft caps and are damn comfortable and are a good talking piece when getting pulled over by the fuzz/gremlins.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/comefo.html
Thanks for the link.
2011 Honda CBR 1000RR Repsol
Dereiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:21 AM   #8
rejector
Retired/Fired

Worth noting i never used la police link re purchase of converse tac boots with side zip ups. I used it as a guide and eventually purchased from this link below as there is a bigger variety. I went desert as only so much black one can have on the NRS. Also worth noting if u register on some of these sites, put what u want in shopping basket but dont purchase? after a week they send a discount code and save some more cash. As for the converse boots with side zip ups, soft cap, i am willing to vouch for them compared to the garbage the army issued when i was serving/perving. Bottom line shop around for the best deal.

http://www.copshoes.com/c-converse-boots-shoes.html

Last edited by rejector; 12-27-2012 at 07:22 AM. Reason: beer glasses
rejector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #9
AZ-D-ROD
Premium Member

Went through the same thing on my 2012 DX. I just found a way to stretch my legs and rest my ankles on the pegs. I am 6'3", so maybe it might not work for everyone. But once I found that one position, it feels like I'm reclined on my favorite chair while going down the freeway. Obviously, you MUST have a boot that atleast is a mid-top. Putting your ankle on there directly is not comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
AZ-D-ROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #10
Undahdaskin
Lifetime Premium

I wear these
http://www.northern.co.nz/products/3...inal_long.aspx
I have also changed the foot pegs to these
http://m.hdforums.com/forum/attachme...chmentid=85150

allow a bigger place for my feet. works nicely

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Undahdaskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:20 PM   #11
Demthios
To boost or not??

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I just switched to mid pegs
Demthios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:24 PM   #12
DocRick
Registered Full

hate when the tip slips out

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerVRod View Post
The other thing you can try is to get a peg that has an adjustable clevis (will have a bolt where the female clevis touches the male part). Joker machine ones are real nice:

http://jokermachine.com/products/har... /> pegs.html

I went to this Joker peg on my 12DX and i havent slipped off since!! they are great platforms!
DocRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:06 AM   #13
knight rod rob
Registered Full

Thats what I do.Even at 140 plus no problem w/my Harley boots.Just rest them under pedals
knight rod rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:28 AM   #14
odman

Quote:
Originally Posted by odman View Post
going with a Roland Sands moto foot peg with 45 degree male mount
odman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #15
pgilliam1
Registered Full

I went with the Kuryakin (? sp) pegs with the adjustable heel rest. I didn't think I'd like them but I tried them on a friends V-Rod and man are they comfortable. They do stick out a bit farther than stock so they drag sooner, but I'm wearing them down every ride. I would highly recommend them if you're looking for all day riding comfort.
pgilliam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement