Cold Weather Gear/Over Pants - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 11-25-2012, 09:37 AM   #1
BrentMiller72
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Cold Weather Gear/Over Pants

Looking for a good pair of "over pants" to wear now that the weather is getting colder. Looking for something that I can pull on easily over jeans/dress pants for those early morning rides to work.

Thanks

Brent
BrentMiller72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 09:53 AM   #2
Luvmy04VRod
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 17 reviews
I use insulated overalls. Warm as hell. Probably not what you are looking for, but just throwing it out there. Very easy to get on and off w/zippered sides.
PROUD Member Post #149 Las Vegas, NV.

Lord forgive me for what I am about to do but these b@sterds must die!
I will NEVER apologize nor waste my time defending my God-given right to keep and bear arms; The more and bigger the arms, the better
!!
Luvmy04VRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
cycorod
Banned

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
purchase a set of insulated jeans,i would suggest a size or 2 bigger so you can comfortably wear reg. jeans or riding pants underneath.
cycorod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:00 AM   #4
luxlamf
Sanctimonious

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I see many people wearing the Over suits, Mostly BMW riders as they seem to ride no matter what the weather.

The BMW CoverAll one-piece makes it easy to ride your motorcycle to the office, into town or anywhere the you need to show up in"normal" (business) wear. Light, but designed for safety, it's waterproof protection against inclement weather. Perfect for a daily commute from home to work are because it can be donned and removed is fully easily.
The BMW CoverAll Suit is comfortable! It's wide-fitting, not tailored for a body-hugging fit, belted with Velcro at jacket waistline and collar and closures for width adjustment. Enables a rider to don the suit over normal clothing, even a complete business suit. Features side zippers for adjusting the fit and leather inserts at closures and straps to ensure wear comfort and convenience. Front zipper and two side zippers from hip to cuff make the suit easy to put on. The waist adjustable by straps at the sides. Double-thickness pant seat protects the entry zone as the wearer dons the suit

Sizes, Colors
Unisex Sizes: XS-XXXL BMW - specific size chart Available Colors: Black

Material:
3-layer laminate of Cordura«500, climate membrane and calendar-coated liner.
Inside pockets mesh lining.
Protectors:
Very light SC protectors made of visco-elastic foam material at shoulders, elbows, hips and
knees (adjustable to 2 height settings)
Protectors have very good impact-absorbing properties, certified to DIN 1621.
NP ProAir back protector can be retrofitted to back pocket.
Protector pockets are welded to the fabric, not stitched.
Visibility:
3M« reflective prints on shoulders and back.

Other Co's also make them, like this First Gear:

New for Fall 2010 another smart product from FirstGear providing value to the rider who wants the benefit of a one-piece riding suit without having to make the $1000+ investment required by some other brands. The Expedition Suit is a 1-piece waterproof breathable oversuit meant to keep you comfortable in all hardcore riding conditions or if you are commuting to work. Utilizing many of the technical features of the TPG line of products, the Expedition is a great option at a reasonable price for the avid rider who likes the ease of in and out and the added flexibility of a 1-piece oversuit.
EXPEDITION SIZING NOTES: The Expedition Suit is meant to be an oversuit with room for layers to be added as temperatures dip. Use your jacket size for reference when deciding. The Knee Armor is adjustable 3-4 inches up and down and 2-3 inches left to right. For reference the Large Expedition Suit fits someone who is anywhere from 5'9" - 6'3" depending on their weight due to the adjustability in height. In the summer months, the suit will fit much more loosely than the winter due to extra room for base layers.
Firstgear Expedition Suit
Generously sized to wear over your clothes
Waterproof/breathable outer shell made of 600 denier poly
Maximum air circulation created by 10 vents–2 chest with cord locks, 2 thigh, 2 arm pit, 2 sleeve cuff and 2 back vertical–all protected by YKK« rubberized zippers to help keep out the elements
2 front chest Dry Pockets protected by YKK« rubberized zippers under an envelope flap and secured by hook-and-loop to limit intrusion of moisture
2 front side welded pockets with exposed YKK« rubberized zippers to keep out moisture
2 front, side pass-through pocket holes for internal access, protected by YKK« rubberized zippers
Fully adjustable CE approved armor in the shoulders, elbows and knees
Padded hip protectors
Ankle to above knee side zip for easy on/off, protected by exposed 2-way YKK« rubberized zipper that rests above an internal double storm flap with rain gutter to keep out moisture
Internal storm cuff with silicone grip and elasticized for a snug fit to keep moisture from traveling up pant leg
RiRi« 2-way main zipper built with 2 rows of teeth and rubberized to seal out moisture; just below the surface is a double storm flap with rain gutter to divert any moisture
Crotch, front/back of knees and back of waist inlayed with stretch panels that are waterproof/breathable Fully adjustable waist belts for a custom fit
Integrated into the collar is an under-the-helmet rain hood to keep water from running down your neck
Front collar has an adjustable slide snap–when collar is open, fold the tab back and hook in place to avoid wind flap
Reflective tape for night visibility
2-year limited warranty
Old 11-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #5
swiffer
Registered Full

Another option

These are good.
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/car...r-men~p~1216m/
Old 11-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #6
luxlamf
Sanctimonious

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiffer View Post
how does the canvas work in the rain?
Old 11-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #7
Nas3car
Shelby Stanga Rocks

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Another cheap effective option is nylon snow bibs. They slide on easy, are made for cold weather and wearing something under it, and you can roll them up small when its warmer on the ride home. I had a nice pair from Bass Pro Shop, they were their own brand but $70 bucks. Took them to my neighbor who sewed some leather on the inside of the leg to keep the nylon from melting on the pipe. Target and other big box stores may have some even cheaper.
Any Edit is to fix spelling
Hunt and Peck its a way of life
Still no Facebook just older
They removed my soul to fit in all this sarcasm
BUMPER beats HELMET every time.
Nas3car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #8
cycorod
Banned

The CARHARTTS are decent, a little cumbersome but do the job. I have a set of my MARINE CORPS gortex top & bottoms. Say on a dry winters day APPRX. 20 deg., 1st layer is UNDER ARMOR; top/bottom, 2nd insulated jeans, 3rd gortex bottom or heated gear under the insulated jeans.
cycorod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #9
Z16monte
Registered Full

I wear an insulated leather jacket and lined leather overpants and heated textile gloves. I've ridden for 3 hours in the high 30s with this setup and only a windvest shield.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Z16monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #10
pwrman
Registered Idiot

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Leather chaps, off the rack they are cheap. Custom like mine about $180
pwrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #11
Waterfreak66
Registered Full

Joe Rocket makes a nice set of over pants that includes a removable liner. Nice high side zippers and waterproof. I wear them over suit pants all the time. With the removable liner they are good for many different temps. Got mine from Cycle Gear for $99.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Last edited by Waterfreak66; 11-25-2012 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Correct info
Waterfreak66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:31 PM   #12
luxlamf
Sanctimonious

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrman View Post
Leather chaps, off the rack they are cheap. Custom like mine about $180
Really? The man is going to Work what if it starts to Rain their Fringe man? They walk around with wet Crotches at your work? Oh wait you wear chaps they probably do.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:20 PM   #13
SLANDREW
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Overalls!Cheap rain jacket in pocket also!
Old 11-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #14
CPTJAM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Aerostich AD1 pants.
Aerostich roadcrafter light suit.
Work perfectly,
Worth every penny. I love mine, and 8 years later, still waterproof.
Add electric heated liner, ride all year.
TRAVELER: 2006 Roadrod VRSCR, Custom painted Ultrawhite, TTS Supercharger version2.0, TMAX, K&N, Supertrapp V5 exhaust, Pondo Caps, HC Stage II V LED tailight, "A" model bars, Corbin seat, luggage rack, Sumax bags, chrome peg mounts, '08 "D" wheels, polished, rear pulley by Pondo. Slipper clutch. More to come! Old Dyno results: 155 HP 86#TQ
COMET: 2009 AW, painted ultrawhite, a work in progress....105.18 HP, 73.98 torque;
CPTJAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:08 PM   #15
luxlamf
Sanctimonious

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTJAM View Post
Aerostich AD1 pants.
Aerostich roadcrafter light suit.
Work perfectly,
Worth every penny. I love mine, and 8 years later, still waterproof.
Add electric heated liner, ride all year.
That Aerostich stuff is really nice stuff, well crafted. If I lived in a different climate I would have some.
Advertisement