Filing Suit to Harley davidson Store in Greece for Stealing my DX - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 11-02-2012, 12:54 AM   #1
Constant
Greekrider

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Filing Suit to Harley davidson Store in Greece for Stealing my DX

Because of the bad financial situation in Greece I decided to sell my bike some time ago. Therefore, I went to the official Harley Davidson Store in Thessaloniki, Greece, towards the end of July of the present year and talked to the manager about my bike. I was asking for €26000 and if the H-D store could sell my bike they would earn about €500 for the commission. A few weeks later, the official manager of the Harley Davidson Store in Thessaloniki, Greece, called Mr. Manos Sarros, told me that the company is interested in buying my bike at the price of €20.000. It was not enough money for me but I was offered to be paid cash by 28th Sept 2012 ( about a month later). I left my bike at the H-D store, and signed a private agreement between me and the manager of the H-D store in Thessaloniki, inside the store, which was saying that I was going to be paid at the above date. On the 28th Sept 2012, I was not paid. I tried to call the H-D store in Thessaloniki but no one answered. I also called the manager of the H-D store in Thessaloniki on his cell-phone but it was switched off. I was out of town so I sent my brother to go to the H-D store in Thessaloniki to see what was going on and he told me that the Store was CLOSED permanently and there was hardly any bike inside. Immediately I went to the Official H-D Head-store in Athens (in Marousi) to see what was going on. They told me that the store was going to be closed and, as for my case, they told me that the company had no idea of the deal. They also said that their aim was to pay me according to the documented agreement that I had presented to them because they were responsible for the actions of their manager in their H-D store but they wanted some time. I was patiently waiting until today when they called me from the central H-D offices in Athens and told me that they were finally going to offer me €10.000 !!! I was deceived, I lost my bike, I was waiting for so long and the offer from the H-D store is to give me €10.000.

All these dealers i wrote about are the official according to the Harley Davidson website: http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...&bordered=true

I need your help to contact as soon as possible with the central H-D motor company. I can find an address but no email http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...ontact-us.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-07-30 12[1].34.05.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	190792  
Constant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 02:22 AM   #2
Louis
Posting From The Pub

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I suspect you will find the importer into Greece is an entirely separate legal entity.

Sent from my e1808_v75_jbaol1_5647 using Motorcycle.com App

http://www.flickr.com/photos/acam
http://www.thegentlemansnapper.co.uk

Arnotts, D&D, SEPST, custom paint or all chrome according to mood, GRC seat, wave rotors, Muscle wheels, Burleigh bars, V-Gauge, assorted pretty bits.

2007 VRSC-AW (Fun).
2007 KTM 990 Adventure (Off Road and Touring).
2006 Triumph Daytona T955i (Evil).
2009 Fatboy (Heavily Tarted Up Show Pony).
2011 Bonneville (On long term loan).
1978 Triumph Bonneville Based Racer (Needs A Rebuild)
Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:19 AM   #3
LudaGrys
Registered Full

Sorry to hear that! That is terrible! Grrr

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
LudaGrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:04 AM   #4
Vambo
Banned

Feedback Score: 21 reviews
I do not know how titling works in Greece but in the states if you did not sign it over and still hold title, I do not see how they can sell it or transfer it to another party. Report it stolen, and/or send the police. Do you have insurance? You might get more from the insurance company than they were offering. Just make trouble for them anyway and every way you can.
Vambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:25 AM   #5
bazzinga
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
I do not know how titling works in Greece but in the states if you did not sign it over and still hold title, I do not see how they can sell it or transfer it to another party. Report it stolen, and/or send the police. Do you have insurance? You might get more from the insurance company than they were offering. Just make trouble for them anyway and every way you can.
I concur!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
bazzinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:20 AM   #6
Constant
Greekrider

It's the official Hsrley-Davidson in Greece. You can check it from the following link:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...ed_dealer=7155

Of course I didn't sign anything so the exmanager of H-D store in Thessaloniki can not be sold. I had also insurance but they don't insure bikes in Greece for stealing incidents. I will take H-D of Greece to the court and inform all the press all over world. Does anyone has any e-mail from the H-D center in Milwakee?

Thank you
Old 11-02-2012, 07:41 AM   #7
ohioVROD

Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Here is HD Customer Service phone # 1-414-343-4056 they dont have a email address you need to call them ASAP and stat your case!

Authorized dealer for Vance & Hines, MegaCycle Cams, CP Pistons, Brown's Plating, Carrilo Rods, ARP Studs, Falicon Crankshafts and Diamond Heads.

Services offered: Case Boring-26T Pulley-58mm Throttle Body-Slotting Sprockets-Pinning of Bearings-Custom Machined Wheels & Rear Pulleys- Engine Brace Kit

ohioVROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:00 AM   #8
FABSTER
King of High C's!

Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Sorry about that, what a shame! really hope you can get it worked out...

FABSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #9
pgilliam1
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You agreed to no such deal. As mentioned above, don't you have a legal title? Report the bike as stolen, even if your insurance doesn't cover stolen property. Do the police there get involved with stolen vehicles? At this point, what have you got to lose?
pgilliam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #10
Constant
Greekrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgilliam1 View Post
You agreed to no such deal. As mentioned above, don't you have a legal title? Report the bike as stolen, even if your insurance doesn't cover stolen property. Do the police there get involved with stolen vehicles? At this point, what have you got to lose?
This is what I am going to do. I haven't done yet because the H-D stores in Athens was telling that the was going to pay me for mess. But the weren't. So, On Monday morning I will report the incident to the local police...

Thank you all, for the support
Old 11-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #11
pwrman
Registered Idiot

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
"Good luck" is all I can offer, we call some of the dealers here in the states "stealerships" because of their practices but I think this one wins the prize.
pwrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #12
pday
(Peter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant View Post
This is what I am going to do. I haven't done yet because the H-D stores in Athens was telling that the was going to pay me for mess. But the weren't. So, On Monday morning I will report the incident to the local police...

Thank you all, for the support
Are the Police not open on weekends?
Old 11-02-2012, 03:00 PM   #13
ELUSIVE 1
Lifetime Premium

While in Hawaii, I filed a report to the "Better Business Bureau" and the company returned my money instantly. I'm almost certain, the company was also fined for importing illegal vehicles,etc.. If you've a "BBB" in Greece, file right away.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #14
Constant
Greekrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by pday View Post
Are the Police not open on weekends?
It is but I need a couple of days to file suit cooperating with my lawyer
Old 11-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #15
Constant
Greekrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELUSIVE 1 View Post
While in Hawaii, I filed a report to the "Better Business Bureau" and the company returned my money instantly. I'm almost certain, the company was also fined for importing illegal vehicles,etc.. If you've a "BBB" in Greece, file right away.
I will filed suit. I also contacted with the H-D company in Milwakee. They were very cooperative and i wish they will help me. Moreover it is their name that is going to be defamed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement