No Codes, runs bad, wont idle well??? - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD Technical
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 08-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
Johnny HotFoot
TRANNY KILLER :)

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
No Codes, runs bad, wont idle well???

changed out what I thouight was bad (watery) gas, bike is still sputtering... not wanting to run right, wont even idle well

throwing no codes and engine lights have never been on

I'm gonna pull the plugs to take a look... do I hope they look like hell and were my cause?

ideas?

it's almost fuel-flangy, but I had that fixed years ago... do they creep up on us again?
'04B W/ Fitzgerald Motorsports rebuilt 1130 : Cams, Breathless Performance Euro Tail, Clear L.E.D. Integrated tailight, NRS Headlight/Nacelle, Rineharts 2-2, PC3usb, DX wheels/Budget240, 26T Pulley, Superbraced, Boss Noss 50HP shot, Gel padded seat, Sirius Satellite Radio, Raptor Shift Light, V-Mod 2" Rise Drag Bars, PM Renthal Grips, Pingell Electric Shifter, "NOS" Etched Killer Glass w/Blue L.E.D. and Blue Engine Ice Coolant, blacked-out everything and of course; Capped by Pondo
Johnny HotFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #2
rsc
Killer Service Inc.

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
look down the tank to make sure the hose is not bad.

2012 Ultra Classic

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion!
You're merely over-educated beyond your ability to think!

Malcomx" It turns out that the truth is pretty good protection."

V-rod mechanics 101:
http://www.youtube.com/user/rscrod

The opinions expressed here are solely those of the original author. These opinions do not represent those of KSI-LLC.com / Killer Service and Innovations, LLC
rsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:29 PM   #3
Johnny HotFoot

no codes so I just test ran her, thinking I could shake the flouralcarbons out

runs decent enough at speed, but craps out after sputtering when comin down to 2-3000 rpm

stalls at idle after short ride

would burned up plugs give me stalling/idle problems?

the nitrous burned up my last plugs
'04B W/ Fitzgerald Motorsports rebuilt 1130 : Cams, Breathless Performance Euro Tail, Clear L.E.D. Integrated tailight, NRS Headlight/Nacelle, Rineharts 2-2, PC3usb, DX wheels/Budget240, 26T Pulley, Superbraced, Boss Noss 50HP shot, Gel padded seat, Sirius Satellite Radio, Raptor Shift Light, V-Mod 2" Rise Drag Bars, PM Renthal Grips, Pingell Electric Shifter, "NOS" Etched Killer Glass w/Blue L.E.D. and Blue Engine Ice Coolant, blacked-out everything and of course; Capped by Pondo
Old 08-24-2012, 05:33 PM   #4
Johnny HotFoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsc View Post
look down the tank to make sure the hose is not bad.
what's the check? while the bike is running, open gas cap, look inside, it should be calm, if it's not, if it's all spray/misting in there then you have a problem?

I did above check, it seemed cool
Old 08-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #5
rsc
Killer Service Inc.

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I am sure you checked the grounds...

Pull the plugs Johnny!

2012 Ultra Classic

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion!
You're merely over-educated beyond your ability to think!

Malcomx" It turns out that the truth is pretty good protection."

V-rod mechanics 101:
http://www.youtube.com/user/rscrod

The opinions expressed here are solely those of the original author. These opinions do not represent those of KSI-LLC.com / Killer Service and Innovations, LLC
rsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #6
Elgavilan
The Hawk

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Might want to check the fuel pressure to see if the fuel pump is crapping out on ya. Chevy fuel pressure guage works on the shrader valve on the right side of bike near the base of the throttle body.

Mike
Old 09-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #7
My High
My High

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
The fuel hose in the tank, is RIBBED for your pleasure, LOL. The ribs "rub" on the inside of the tank causing small pin holes, thus reducing fuel pressure at idle, rough ilde is the result. You need to take out the fuel pump and inspect, even the clamps might be weak.
My High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:54 PM   #8
TEAZZR
I Hate Stupid People

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsc View Post
I am sure you checked the grounds...

Pull the plugs Johnny!

Plugs , Grounds , Vacuum Leaks... Most Common
6.37 g/s Fuel inj.
Vance & Hines Comp. Slip-Ons
SEPST
K&N Cones - Topless
BOSS NOSS - Stealth system
TEAZZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:14 AM   #9
stevel
www.badpenny.org

Feedback Score: 23 reviews
One of the UK members , Silverado, had this with his bike - turned out to be the VSS

Steve

Ride a Harley? Live in Great Britain?
Then the HDRCGB is the club for you.....

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy7/sloukes/places_i_have_motorbiked.jpg
stevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:28 AM   #10
BeelzeKnut
Soul Stumpy

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Check the oil plug for metal...if something is grinding away in there the bike may have probblems runing at certain RPMs.

*Haud Caedes Vacuus Tributum*
08 DXA, Fitzgerald Motorsports 1487cc big bore, Penske Triple adjustable racing shocks, Traxxion AK20 front cartridges, Wegners custom exhaust, BST front rim, Rizoma Aero 17 mirrors, Rizoma 09 bars, V- Gauge, Rizoma Avio blinkers+plate holder, 28t front pulley, Trask outboard billet belt support, Motohooligan air box, VFRID4, Finishline billet clutch basket.

Wishlist:
BST rear rim, ceramic rotors, Rizoma 3ple tree and plate arm.
BeelzeKnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:29 AM   #11
stomper
REVOLUTION !!!

Feedback Score: 17 reviews
By chance did you mistake your bike for your boat and drive it into Lake St. Clair ?
stomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #12
harleynurse
caferacer

Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Your race tuner might be burned out...replace the pciii. My PC 3 lasted 2 years or 30k miles.
03VRSCA sold after 50,000 miles.
harleynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #13
PBRdrinker
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I had this problem today and i just picked up my bike Friday.I had a loose grd on battery .So far so good.
PBRdrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:06 PM   #14
Johnny HotFoot

just spent time buttoning her up after taking the
Boss NOSS kit off... was hoping the BN fueler was causing an interference with my PC3 and causing the poor idle/stalling problem.... wrong!

Bike started great. cold start but I could hear the 'auto choke' working, stayed ideling while it warmed up a bit... took her around the block, runs great, shifts great, but by turn three I could hear/feel a 'stumble' in revs as I slowed down and downshifted into first... got up the driveway and before I could get the jiffy stand down and dismount she had stalled

I am headed back out to check for codes now.... just wanted to update the forum on my woes.... I am in serious WTF mode! I cannot imagine it's a fuel flange or loose ground, she runs too well through the gears.... it's an idle-ing problem PC3 shows one lit bar at idle, then lights up like an x-mass tree when throtle is cracked... is my problem my PC3 lost it's mind and isn't managing the fuel at idle properly?

ideas? next thing to check?
Old 11-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #15
Johnny HotFoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleynurse View Post
Your race tuner might be burned out...replace the pciii. My PC 3 lasted 2 years or 30k miles.
what happened to cause you to think the PC3 was toast?

I too have about 30,000 miles on her

Is it possible I just need to reload my map?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement