things i need to know please - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 08-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
Bshamdy
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
things i need to know please

i just bought a 09 Vrod NRS with a screamin eagle race tuner and a V&H 2into1 mufller , I need to know what the horse power aprox and what is the top speed the bike can reach . A freind of mine with
M109r whants to race and i dont know what the result would be ,any info of advise
Thanks
Bshamdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #2
$uicide $hift
Kickstart My Heart!!

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Put on your big boy pants and race. It is no fun if you know the outcome before you race.

Your skill is going to be most important. Since you are looking for an easy win I am going to venture you don't do any serious drag racing.

IMO just go have fun but be careful.
$uicide $hift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #3
slim_b_kool
Registered Full

Ballpark numbers are 110hp to 115hp. Some have reported numbers as high as 120hp but that is hard to get.
slim_b_kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #4
blubyubusa
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
M109r vs VRSCAW

I have owned an 08 M109r and really liked it. Took it to the local eighth mile strips and the best time I had was 7.50 or so. I currently have an 09 vrscaw. With the front pulley a twenty six instead of the factory 28 I have had three passes in the 6.93-6.97 range and a bunch of 7.0s. The times with the factory gearing were very close to the mid sevens like the M109. The problem with these bike is the gearing and the launch. You cannot change the zuki because of the shaft and even with the 26 tooth on the vrod a little more grunt would be appreciated. Do not be afraid of losing, just have fun. I have lost a bunch of races and won a few, but I have always had fun. I probably should also state that I have never raced for money. Also for me, I am quite old (65) and if I lose, it is what everyone expected, but if I win the other guy has something to regret, being beaten by a overweight old man. With my experience, I am not a bad rider, but I am a long way from a good rider.
blubyubusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #5
DAVE REEVES
Registered Full

One note, be warmed up before you do it. A cold motor won't rev. Other than that I dont see where you would have a problem.
DAVE REEVES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:31 AM   #6
CPT America
Defender of Freedom

Location: North Carolina (Currently in the Land of Poppy and Goats)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bshamdy View Post
i just bought a 09 Vrod NRS with a screamin eagle race tuner and a V&H 2into1 mufller , I need to know what the horse power aprox and what is the top speed the bike can reach . A freind of mine with
M109r whants to race and i dont know what the result would be ,any info of advise
Thanks
The result will be he'll still be the guy on the heavier, slower motorcycle at the finish line. Realistic top speed is probably in the neighborhood of between 138-146. I'm sure someone may claim more but the reality is that once you factor in the natural speedometer error your true top speed is in the high 130's to low 140's, which you'll never get to in 1/8th or 1/4 mile drag race without a lot of motor work. Hell, you'll be lucky to get to 3rd gear in a drag race.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:23 AM   #7
Vambo
Banned

Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Top speed is no more than 140 with a 28 tooth sprocket. 150 or so with the 30 and lucky to see 130 with the 26 tooth, the gearing simply dictates top end speed regardless of HP. Every sprocket change is 7% or so.
As far as the M109. It's beatable but it's all on you. HP numbers are only relative to a stock base run as all dyno's are calibrated differently and different days will produce different numbers.
Vambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:25 AM   #8
boscoe
Registered Full

Vambo speaks true on this.
I pulled well into redline to test top speed on a long straight. All I can say is I was over 130 mph since the speedo started going nuts at bouncing to well over 140 and then falling back into the 135 zone (before tune).
Just had my bike dyno tuned (with SE tune kit), filter and pipe - 121.8 HP. Same dyno had a 103 motor we ported, polished, swapped cams and pistons at 101 rear wheel HP.
But who knows.
boscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #9
FABSTER
King of High C's!

Feedback Score: 31 reviews

Just have fun aNd be safe!

FABSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:48 PM   #10
BigH
Registered Full

My last bike was a M109R.... It's really a coin toss. In my experience it all depends on the operator. This is a pic my 109
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LeftRear.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	867.9 KB
ID:	187328  
BigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #11
DC1ESQ
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
save the gas and compare penis's!
DC1ESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:26 PM   #12
Rift
Registered Full

Better yet just save his second gear and don't race. I've heard horror stories of gears getting chewed up in the 109's.
Rift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #13
nightroddersp
james

i ride with 9s all the time... don't let up or he will catch up and say he won... on paper the nine is stronger but power to weight is in your favor... nine with a experienced rider on it is not a push over... if he gets you off the line then you will have to work hard to ketch him... have fun, and make sure the bike is up to operating temp... even if you win he will have an excuse why he didn't...
Old 08-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #14
DC1ESQ
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
the M109 vs V-ROD debate is as popular as "how do i do the topless air box"
DC1ESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #15
BT
I lift heavy things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC1ESQ View Post