Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Mutation complete!

7K views 37 replies 29 participants last post by  Kaypix 
#1 ·
Well the mutant is complete...for now anyways. This projected started last October...and I can't thank everyone enough! But mainly I have to thank RSC, Lane, and Bad V-R for all your help and dealing with me when I've been an idiot over the past few months. I'll break down some of the parts here for you guys, alot was imported from over sea's and not much was un-molested in this rebuild. But here are some of the finished pics (these are Camera phone pics if you want close ups of something let me know). The joke behind the license plate is that my father always tells me I have a mutant bike because it is sooo many different years and model parts on the bike. So I decide this year to get the license plate! The first picture is how the bike started this year.....

Master Cylinders: ISR Brakes
Switches: ISR Switches
Clip Ons: Factory Racing with 49mm shells
Grips: Rizoma Lux
Fluid Tanks: Rizoma
Rear Sets: Rizoma
Throttle: 7/8" internal throttle by Motoxcylces
Suspension: 12" Progressive, 1" Lower Progressive springs
Gauge: Dakota Digital
Lights: Harrison LED's
Seat: Saddleman

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Nice work! BB motor, too?
Two options on the front turns - the bolts on the side of the headlight, or, off the fork clamps on the triple trees.
I don't guess you ride in the rain much!
Very cool look, very well done! Joe

#11 ·
YIKES! pic 2 - the front pulley will eat your pant leg, then leg. Mids and an open PTO is an invitation for disaster! Please cover that up! DANGER, DANGER, DANGER!

#12 ·
abi - Thanks! the clip-ons are from the UK and the Masters are from Sweden. They took the longest to clear customs but oohhh so worth the wait.

Joe - The pulley cover is going back on. There's only 55 miles on her right now, and since the engine went back in the frame and had to mess with the adjuster up front, and had to get new spacers machined in the back I wanted to make sure that the belt was going to track on the outside of the pulleys so it didn't eat my tire/tank.

And here is a pic to answer you BB question. :deal:

Oh and its a Muscle Heart transplanted to a B Body haha :chair: With R frame rails...didn't want anyone to feel left out!

Attachments

#13 ·
Really nice work!!!

#21 ·
Thanks guys! Alot of hard work went into this. Just glad that I got to do most of it with my Dad as that experience it self was well worth it.

@Big Tony - what exactly would you like me to change it to haha!

@Pur3vil - I actually thinking about sending my clutch cover down to SuperChicken and have him engrave it with VRSCM haha

@Kelly-Sean here is a couple pics and a video for you on those lights like you asked.

Attachments

#23 ·
normally i hate this type of setup, however your's works...very nicely. well done.

#24 ·
Awesome! Just awesome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.