Led turn signal assembly - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCDX
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 06-25-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
helby
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Led turn signal assembly

Hi does anyone know of a company who makes a LED TURN SIGNAL ASSEMBLY for the 2012 NRS .. I have seen them for the pre 2012 but not my bike.

Thanks
helby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #2
ukvrscdx
Registered Full

There are these, but according to the HD catalog they are not legal in the US as they aren't DOT approved -

http://www.v-mod.com/shop/viewCatego...CID=64,190,614

Also, they are not cheap ! And you need to buy a VRSC fitting kit ...
Old 06-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #3
DUTCHROD
DCL light #1

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Can you show by a picture or so what you need? front/rear?
maybee i have a few idea's. just not have seen the '12 closeby.

-Crazy Colors gauge kits for all VR speedo's - BRIGHT!! A cruel cool easy DIY project. >Tread<

website's 'News' page :
- 'DCL-BLF1' Plug 'n Play Brakelight modulator with over 115 patterns and settings
- 'DCL-HLS1' Headlight Switch for HID's
- Electronic software conversion service of MPH to KPH speedo's ! have yours done combined with a light kit now!

- soon: load equalizer
DUTCHROD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:32 PM   #4
helby
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUTCHROD View Post
Can you show by a picture or so what you need? front/rear?
maybee i have a few idea's. just not have seen the '12 closeby.
Hi

This is what I am after for a 2012 NIghtrod special

Old 06-26-2012, 10:19 PM   #5
jonnyl2011
Registered Full

There are a lot of places that sells the LED signal strips. use the Search button and there are tons of thread about them. The one that comes to mind first is Radiantz and GR Customs. I know there are a lot though. Sorry, too tired to look um up tonight.
jonnyl2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:17 AM   #6
helby
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyl2011 View Post
There are a lot of places that sells the LED signal strips. use the Search button and there are tons of thread about them. The one that comes to mind first is Radiantz and GR Customs. I know there are a lot though. Sorry, too tired to look um up tonight.
thanks for your help, Problem still remains that none are for the 2012.. I don't want a strip light, I want the whole assembly with a bracket, pretty much a kit ready to go with a voltage reducer, purpose built for the 2012 NRS
Old 06-27-2012, 07:28 AM   #7
jonnyl2011
Registered Full

Oh yea def dont have one for 12s yet. if you find 1 or make 1 send me a private message I would be interested
Old 06-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #8
Tedhase
Aces & Eights

Don't know about a kit but it's a simple and straightforward DIY project. There are lots of great examples in the 1130cc.com archives. I used the following parts:

(1) Radiantz Custom Flexible LED array (6.6in) (2.4in) (6.6in) (Amber LEDs) (Smoke Tube)
(2) Radiantz Dual Element Circuit for Flex (30-60 LED)
(1) BikeTronics BT-801V Smart Equalizer

Strip/sheet aluminum and fasterners came from Lowe's. Black paint from Autozone.

Integrated turn signals operate as running lights and turn signals. Integrated brake light function maps to the red center section of the LED strip.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LEDRear.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	184488  
Tedhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:29 PM   #9
jonnyl2011
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedhase View Post

(1) Radiantz Custom Flexible LED array (6.6in) (2.4in) (6.6in) (Amber LEDs) (Smoke Tube)
how is this working out for you? any issues? I figured would need a bigger duel element since its 100LED per foot and you have just over a foot?
Old 06-27-2012, 10:51 PM   #10
Tedhase
Aces & Eights

Quote:
how is this working out for you? any issues? I figured would need a bigger duel element since its 100LED per foot and you have just over a foot?
Actually, I'm running 3 separate dual element circuits: one each for the right and left turn signal/running lights and one for the center brake light.

No issues at all.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:58 PM   #11
jonnyl2011
Registered Full

any way we could see a pic under there of that? also, did you need a equalizer since they are led and stock are bulbs? Have you replaced the front signals yet? Sorry for all the questions and hijacking thread :P
Old 06-28-2012, 01:56 AM   #12
helby
Registered Full

Quote:
Don't know about a kit but it's a simple and straightforward DIY project. There are lots of great examples in the 1130cc.com archives. I used the following parts:

Strip/sheet aluminum and fasterners came from Lowe's. Black paint from Autozone.

Integrated turn signals operate as running lights and turn signals. Integrated brake light function maps to the red center section of the LED strip.
Looks good almost there, In Australia we need to have the number plate at the rear of the bike like the one I posted, I really need a way to mount the plate, but those leds are great and what I am after.

thanks for the input and it looks great
Old 06-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #13
jonnyl2011
Registered Full

Quote:
Actually, I'm running 3 separate dual element circuits: one each for the right and left turn signal/running lights and one for the center brake light.

No issues at all.
why are you running three? I talked with the guys at radiantz and they said you can use 1 and wire them all together and would still function same?
Old 06-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #14
Tedhase
Aces & Eights

Quote:
why are you running three? I talked with the guys at radiantz and they said you can use 1 and wire them all together and would still function same?
I added the Smart Equalizer because I'm running the 56mm TrueWraps LED Fork Turn Signals from GhostRider Customs on the front forks and was getting the fast-blink effect. Once I added the BikeTronic, blinker operation returned to normal.

The only reason I'm using three dual element circuits is because it seemed at the time to make the most sense. The Radiantz LED bar drops four wires: one for the left amber LED array; one for the center red LED array; one for the right amber LED array; and one ground. I connected the single lead of the dual element circuit to each one of the wires coming out of the flexible LED bar (omitting the black ground wire, of course).

I then wired everything up into the stock H-D STT Module turnsignal and taillight connectors... So, each individual LED strip now has the two dual element wires to connect - one for constant power (running lights) and the other for the turn/stop function. I connected these wires to their corresponding block interfaces 6 (turn/stop) & 7 (power) for the Left Turn Signal and 3 (turn/stop) and 4 (power) for the Right Turn Signal in the stock Harley-Davidson connector. The center red LED strip is controlled by a separate STT interface module and I attached these wires inline to pins 2 (power) and 3 (stop).

Like I said, I did it this way for two reasons: 1. I didn't want to splice or tap into any wires and wanted to use the stock H-D STT module connectors and 2. I didn't know any better and it made the most sense to me because I wasn't changing the way that H-D had originally done it.

If Radiantz says you only need one Dual Element connector then obviously I've added unnecessary complexity to the solution.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #15
jonnyl2011
Registered Full

Thanks for the play by play. To be honest it makes more sense now. I also want to use the stock connectors, I just need to get them from the dealer. Did you get yours from the dealer? Still have a part number?

For the brake, did you just take the wires and slip them into the existing plug or did you have to re-do the brake plug also?

Sorry.. and thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement