Sat on 2012 Night rod at Dealer!!! - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 05-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
Zman13
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sat on 2012 Night rod at Dealer!!!

Last year i was undecided on bikes and it was between the Fatboy Lo and the Night rod! The night rod (2011 model) was not comfy for me and i felt like i was sitting on top of the bike it just felt weird. The other day i went to my local dealer for some parts and they got a 2012 Night rod in. I didnt take it for a test ride but i sat on it. WoW what a difference! Way more comfortable then the last years model.. I love my Lo for sure but it really makes me wonder if they Had the 2012's out if i would have got one instead of my Lo? Plus its like $2,000 dollars cheaper. I was really im the mod for a performance Harley and wanted to like the older Night rod cause i really wanted one. but man this 2012 really makes me want one all over again and i would actually be comfy on it and have great performance! I little piece of me wants to trade my Lo in for it but i think it would be a mistake just cause i would lose money even tho the Night ode is cheaper. I really wish i had the money to get this bike for a 2nd bike that would be perfect. I love the way it looks too just sitting there with the big 240 rear and new fender! Really shows off the back wheel.. I would just be worried about the rear passenger seat for my wife.. it looks thin? What do you guys think.. Trade in my Lo??? LOL....
Zman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
knucklehead15
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Trade it.
knucklehead15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:44 PM   #3
Zman13
Registered Full

I wonder how much i would lose on the Lo if i did? Also just concerned about the rear seat!
Old 05-13-2012, 12:44 PM   #4
luxlamf
Sanctimonious

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
That fatboy lo is a sharp looking bike, love those "Almost Solid" blacked out wheels. The Exhaust needs to go but its a nice bike.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #5
Nas3car
Shelby Stanga Rocks

NO Vrod is passenger friendly as shipped. Even with a Sundowner and back rest 100 miles is about all your going to get out of an occasioal rider.
Any Edit is to fix spelling
Hunt and Peck its a way of life
Still no Facebook just older
They removed my soul to fit in all this sarcasm
BUMPER beats HELMET every time.
Nas3car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #6
Zman13
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas3car View Post
NO Vrod is passenger friendly as shipped. Even with a Sundowner and back rest 100 miles is about all your going to get out of an occasioal rider.
Ya that would be the problem! I havent really heard from 2012 v rod guys on the passenger subject.. Probably cause there so new.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #7
luxlamf
Sanctimonious

I have had 4 girlfriends over the 6 years of owning my bike, none of them have complained about the passenger setup, I have the slightly more padded Touring Pillion for trips over 100 miles and the lowest/minimalist back rest available.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:42 PM   #8
Zman13
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxlamf View Post
I have had 4 girlfriends over the 6 years of owning my bike, none of them have complained about the passenger setup, I have the slightly more padded Touring Pillion for trips over 100 miles and the lowest/minimalist back rest available.
Yours is not a 2012 tho.. even tho i didnt like the older front seat for me on the older vrods i think there passenger seat is probably better. The 2012 passenger seat looks pretty skinny. It would definitely require a test ride.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #9
Nas3car
Shelby Stanga Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxlamf View Post
I think the passenger foot pegs on yours are mounted to the swing arm and on mine they are mounted from the frame. The foot postion dose make a huge difference My Shovel went from a short blast passenger bike to a long hual with a new foot peg location. I dont know how the 2012 is set up with butt to peg location but it dose make a difference. Even an inch can be locked or or loose with the knees.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:24 PM   #10
cfelletter
Chicopee Machine

2012 passenger comfort

I have a 2012 DX and have the small sissy bar witht he lugage rack. My 9 year old kids ride on the back fine but my wife can't get on the back without getting cramps in her legs.
cfelletter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:32 PM   #11
luxlamf
Sanctimonious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas3car View Post
I think the passenger foot pegs on yours are mounted to the swing arm and on mine they are mounted from the frame. The foot postion dose make a huge difference My Shovel went from a short blast passenger bike to a long hual with a new foot peg location. I dont know how the 2012 is set up with butt to peg location but it dose make a difference. Even an inch can be locked or or loose with the knees.
Ah yes. Forgot they took the foot pegs off the swing arms on later models.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:03 PM   #12
primo56
Registered Full

I picked up a 2012 NRS (love it). Took a girl on the flood run, she said that she kept sliding back off the seat, so I cleaned the seat with windex, she said that helped a little. Now get this, when she started sliding back she would scoot forward jammin her pussy into my back. I wasn't sure if she really was havin a hard time staying on or what. We ended up at my place. Think I'd test this theory again soon!
primo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #13
Methosan
Methosan

Whatever you've lost in value, consider it a lease a rent payment. Since it's a traditional bike the dealership will have no problems reselling it. Since the NRS was 2,000 less, you might be out of pocket 2-3,000 right now to hop on top of it.

You can always slap on a temporary gel filled cushion for the rare times you have a passenger.

I recommend getting the backrest so that your passenger doesn't slide off.. intentionally or unintentionally. You don't want to go scoop her off the tarmac - worse yet, someone behind you could run her over.
Arnott rear air suspension
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...osan/VRSCF.jpg
Methosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:58 PM   #14
Zman13
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by primo56 View Post
I picked up a 2012 NRS (love it). Took a girl on the flood run, she said that she kept sliding back off the seat, so I cleaned the seat with windex, she said that helped a little. Now get this, when she started sliding back she would scoot forward jammin her pussy into my back. I wasn't sure if she really was havin a hard time staying on or what. We ended up at my place. Think I'd test this theory again soon!
Ya i would definitely have to get the back rest piece they have for my wife. I guess with the pegs being higher her legs will be bent too! I think the reason for the pegs being were they are now is cause of the stock exhaust. Throw an aftermarket 2-1 or something probably can move the pegs back down!
Old 05-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #15
Nas3car
Shelby Stanga Rocks

There are relocation kits some are pricey. All in all you have to figure out how much riding with a passenger you will do. I put many miles on at first with the wife, now with her schedule I do alot more solo.

As far as what bike trade in and enjoy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement