Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Kele Design to start selling airboxes

7K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  ELUSIVE 1 
#1 ·
So Kele Design the company that made the Brawl Vrod is going to start selling custom airboxes.

Brawl Vrod

The Airbox they are looking at creating to sell.

Here is a link to their website LINK

See less See more
#4 ·
I asked the designer what it would cost to have them make me something like the Brawl mono body and he said that everything done was around 15k that was R&D, making it and painting it as well. Hoping that the single airbox will be cheaper!

#5 ·
That's a very nice airbox design, that fits the MUSCLE "F" more then any other model. If you're not purchasing the $15k monobody(front to rear)....you'd be looking at trying to match a new euro tail end to match the lines of the new Kele air box.

The charge may seem high to the average Joe, but a lot of time,planning and material goes into these aftermarket parts.
I know,because I've spent several years developing my own VR parts.

Kudos to Kele Design for shaping new VR skins. #2 thumbs up.

Personally,I'm liking that Kele Design front fender more then any other part.

#6 ·
I asked if they will be producing a matching tail section as well, and have yet to hear back so I'm hoping so. Since this one is being mass produced I'm hoping it will be between the Gr Custom pricing and NLC's pricing if so I will go for one this next winter.

#7 ·
I met the Designer a month and half ago and told him there would be intrest in this Forum.

#9 ·
The only problem I have with it is the exposed radiator, HD put a lot of time into protecting it and with this design, it's wide open to road debris. I have a DX and I think the Muscle shroud would fit with the design well. Sadly for me, I tend to give rides a lot and so, I've stuck to having a backseat and backrest left on my bike. I would love to go with a single seat design and if I do, THIS would be IT!

EDIT: I was looking at the whole front and rear seat design, not paying attention to JUST and airbox being created (as stated by the Title). I'd have to see the finished product, it looks a little different than the airbox of the whole airbox/seat/rear fender design.

#17 ·
The Airbox they are looking at creating to sell.
Looks good but I would think they could find a lighter material than clay, wouldn't fiberglass be a better alternative????

How many people will think I am serious?

#18 ·
Yeah you use clay to make the plug, then you fiberglass the clay to make the mold and then from the mold you can make either fiberglass or Carbon fiber production pieces. At this stage they were still sculpting what they wanted it to look like for their client.

#23 ·
I would buy one, under the following.

1. Screens were removable, and sold by themselves. IE I want more than one pair of screens to paint and swap out from time to time.

2. It's just an airbox cover, don't want a one piece airbox cover with built in rear end. Hate that one long piece look, our bikes are not euro/choppers.

3. The cost is under $550.00 USD with shipping. Not buying a fiberglass part just for the airbox that cost more than $550.00 USD.

4. They make a version that allows me to keep the gauge in stock location, I hate looking that far down to see my speed, and I like the stock headlight housing/cowel look.

5. The screen shape/stle on clay version is what they go with. FG version on screen vents looks like crap.

A lot I know, but just my thoughts.

#24 ·
That bike is totally hot! Love it!

#28 ·
Well if I am to hand off my cash, they will make what I want. If not then oh well, I will continue to go with original plan.

I have a second stock airbox cover in hand, and mocking up design in Photoshop and going to have sheet metal formed and welded on by friend for free.

I like the look of the one above, not the clay version buy the one on the first pic just need to hack the body off of it.

Removable screens is not hard, and a nice feature and selling point. The whole body molded into it will limit their market, and make it look like some Euro crap. The cost is a big one, I know what goes into making something from scratch, with design time and mock up. But some of the airboxes on the market are 800 plus. Screw that, you have to be an idiot to spend that on a fiberglass part even if you have the cash. The built in gauge location is dumb, who wants to take their eyes off the road that much to check the gauge??? The shape they have in the cla version looks GAY, what happen to the first style in first pic??? Looked sick IMHO.

#29 ·
The first pictures I posted up are from a customers bike that payed to have the one piece body kit built for him, and only him. I've asked if they would reproduce it because because I love the monobody look and that one to be exact. The second one is just the airbox that a customer commissioned that they are going to put into production. Willing to bet alot more R&D went into the First on then the second one. I agree I hate the gauges being build into the airbox, especially since I'm running a custom gauge does me no good at all. And about it looking like Euro crap you have to realize most of these are from Europe...this guy is from Finland LOL

I personally tried my hand at making a monobody...didn't work into my plans this winter with everything else I've done just didn't have the time and money to throw at it. I will attempt it again this winter when I'm not completely rebuilding the bike. Since I can't find anyone that makes what I want exactly.

#32 ·
I personally tried my hand at making a monobody...didn't work into my plans this winter with everything else I've done just didn't have the time and money to throw at it. I will attempt it again this winter when I'm not completely rebuilding the bike. Since I can't find anyone that makes what I want exactly.
I'm also interested in saving money and creating personally designed airbox & tail skin shapes,etc.. I'm slowly gathering the supplies,including clays,fiberglass,carbon fiber & resins. It takes a good bit of research, trial & error. All I need now is to hookup a strong ventilation system in the basement.

Good luck with your endeavors.Keep us posted on your developments and I'll do the same. Erik.

#30 ·
I don't want to have to look down to see the guages. They belong on top of and in front of the triple clamps where they can be scanned as you ride, not down between your legs. It also means you can't use a tank bag, a non-starter for me. Otherwise, I'm not disposed to dislike it. With the right rear body work it could look pretty cool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.