highway pegs for vrscr street rod - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 04-14-2011, 08:39 PM   #1
v rod tommy
street rod Tommy

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
highway pegs for vrscr street rod

Hi all,,
I know this has been discussed,, but would it work to put the kuraykyn dually highway pegs with 1 1/2 magnum clams on the frame work for the highway pegs, or would there not be enough room for this,,also I was thinking and I havent looked yet, but would undoing the too bolts on the bottom of the radiator and pulling it out and replacing the bolts with longer ones, allow for more room for some pegs,,I just want some pegs too stretch out on and dont want to change parts or anything,,just install and go,, would any of these ideas work,,,Thanks everyone,,,
v rod tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2011, 09:27 PM   #2
Bret
Lifetime Premium

I tried that a couple of years ago. It seemed that I would have had to mount the clamps up too high on the tubes or pry things out of the way to make it work.
Bret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:07 PM   #3
v rod tommy
street rod Tommy

Thanks for the reply,,can I ask if it makes any diffrence for taller people,,im 6'1'',,any other thoughts from anybody,,Tom,, Thanks bret for your input!!
v rod tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:19 PM   #4
CPTJAM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 31 reviews
easiest by far: add crash guards, bolt on pegs. Below the radiator is too low, and will scrape. You can replace the r radiator shrouds, use A model shrouds, and use the clamps. Joe
TRAVELER: 2006 Roadrod VRSCR, Custom painted Ultrawhite, TTS Supercharger version2.0, TMAX, K&N, Supertrapp V5 exhaust, Pondo Caps, HC Stage II V LED tailight, "A" model bars, Corbin seat, luggage rack, Sumax bags, chrome peg mounts, '08 "D" wheels, polished, rear pulley by Pondo. Slipper clutch. More to come! Old Dyno results: 155 HP 86#TQ
COMET: 2009 AW, painted ultrawhite, a work in progress....105.18 HP, 73.98 torque;
CPTJAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:06 PM   #5
Olegna726
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I put mine on using the same exact pegs you want to put on!! I love them!! I'm only 5'9" and they are not exactly at the same height, but they work great for long trips being able to put my feet in a different position!! They can adjust to just about any position you need. A little work getting the clamps on, but I put them on without pulling anything off. Just a little bit of prying!! If you need pics, let me know. May is my bike of the month contest and I'm not sure how many pictures I could put in my gallery, but you'll be able to see how they look like on the bike.
Olegna726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:48 PM   #6
Bret
Lifetime Premium

Too bad I sold my clamps or I might give that another try.
Bret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:49 AM   #7
Olegna726
Registered Full

What I did was had someone hold the bike and put my feet forward to get an idea of where I wanted my feet to be comfortably. Then I put on the clamps(like I said a little bit of trial and error and patience), Once there on I slid one up as high as it could go and assembled the rest of the peg and adjusted it to my liking. The shifter side is limited to as high as it can go, but you can pivot the arm to get it close to where you ned it. Since the heat shield is on the brake side it is a little bit higher, but I don't have to worry about burnt pants. Like I said it works for me and people think its part of the bike!! It looks like it belongs there!!
Old 04-16-2011, 09:12 AM   #8
Olegna726
Registered Full

Got bored today, no riding, going to rain, so I went out to garage and took some pictures!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20110416_0155.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	546.2 KB
ID:	165603 Click image for larger version

Name:	20110416_0154.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	565.8 KB
ID:	165604

Like I said they work for me here, but you can adjust them differently.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:18 PM   #9
VRSCR 06

Does anybody have the part numbers for these pegs,and clamps?
VRSCR 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:33 AM   #10
Olegna726
Registered Full

Kuryakyn longhorn offset dually highway pegs with 1 1/2" quick clamp. Part # 4574
Old 05-22-2012, 04:38 AM   #11
dviry
gRRR

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
next you'll want a windshield as those highway winds can be quite tiring for long rides....
ps: I hate driving on the highway with my VROD
200 rear, PCIII, 4 red Competition Footpegs, Front Mirror Signals, Custom Tacho Faceplate, Headlight Visor, Amsoil Air Filter, Topless, X-Screen, Slipper Clutch, 26T pulley, Kuryakyn chromed spider hand grips, chromed slotted HD levers, Works Progressive Chromed Street Tracks, Heavy Duty front fork oil, gel padded seat, radiator grills, Custom Dynamics red accent lights, chromed horn cover
Cortech Sports bags (x3), Axio Tailbag, Tankbag
dviry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:21 AM   #12
chris@sfp
www.skullfilms.se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olegna726 View Post
Got bored today, no riding, going to rain, so I went out to garage and took some pictures!!

Attachment 165603 Attachment 165604

Like I said they work for me here, but you can adjust them differently.
Hi, sorry for asking but is it possible to get the clam furhter down? I would like the pegs to be closer to the ground
chris@sfp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:56 PM   #13
tripleted
Registered Full

I want to know if it can be clamped lower too.
Imported orange/black US VRSCR model. Drilled airbox, Amsoil air filter, V&H 2:1, Direct Link with Dyno tune@113 RWHP & 80 ft.pounds of torque, chrome engine gaurds with kuryakyn highway pegs, chrome passanger footpeg mounts, "B" model handlebars and clutch line, Supersport windshield, chrome headlight visor, swingarm covers, chrome upper and lower belt gaurds, rear rack and sissy bar, 1" rear shock lowering kit.
tripleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:09 PM   #14
Philthy
Registered Full

A couple of Street Rod owners have replaced the original detachable frame members with pieces from the D model. Those have lugs for forward pegs. You then need the radiator shrouds used by the other V-Rod models, and you will have to have a custom mounting lug made for the Street Rod's unique side stand. Alternatively you could buy a D downtube for the right and an R part for the left and have someone weld the correct footpeg mounting lug on the R downtube and powder coat it. Either way it's a little project but you get something closer to what the factory would have delivered.
Advertisement