Corbin Beetle Bags: thoughts/opinions? - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCR
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 03-12-2011, 05:44 AM   #1
iBike
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Corbin Beetle Bags: thoughts/opinions?

I've currently got H-D VRSCR-embossed sport bags (came with the pre-owned bike), but they are somewhat smaller than I need. I first found out about the VRSCR while looking at Corbin's web site for potential Suzuki C90 accessories, and they still have the "Beetle Bags" there. Chose the 'R over the C90, of course.

http://corbin.com/harley/vrsca/streetrod_bag.shtml

I'm not sure about them, though. Some larger, slant cut to clear the rear springs/shocks leather bags might be more suitable.

Any experience, thoughts, opinions about the Beetle Bags (other than the silly name), or know of some plain leather that would work with the H-D brackets but give me some more, maybe lockable, storage?
iBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2011, 09:19 AM   #2
alestex
Chrome Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If you like 'em, get 'em.

That being said...personally I'm not a big fan of the look. To me they just look too vintage for a bike like a V. If you need/want bags I'd go with something different. Not much help, but my opinion.
alestex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:37 AM   #3
H-D Heathen
Asatruar

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Eventually I'm going to want bags on my "R" if only for commuting.

Leather throwovers look out of place on a Vrod imo.

I've seen Muscle bags adapted by another forum member to their earlier model bike & they looked good.

For the price of the Corbin bags they should install themselves.
I do like their appearance,just can't pay the price.
H-D Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #4
Jethro_3
In the Shark Tank!!!

Feedback Score: 29 reviews
If you stil have the stock exhaust you will need to get a 2-1 wxh so you can fit the bigger bags you are wanting. ANd if you are getting rid of he bags let me know if we can make a deal.

'06 Street Rod =>>>> Gone... waiting for the next rider...
R parts waiting in the garage to be sold...

'13 Road Glide being loved
Jethro_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:21 PM   #5
josephthreedogs
reservation dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro_3 View Post
If you stil have the stock exhaust you will need to get a 2-1 wxh so you can fit the bigger bags you are wanting. ANd if you are getting rid of he bags let me know if we can make a deal.
Not on an R, they fit the stock exhaust.
josephthreedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:23 PM   #6
josephthreedogs
reservation dogs

I have three sets of Corbon and love them, one bag holds as much as both of your nylon bags.
josephthreedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:53 PM   #7
iBike
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-D Heathen View Post
I've seen Muscle bags adapted by another forum member to their earlier model bike & they looked good.
I think I saw those on H-D's web site. Since I have the Bassani exhaust, my can isn't much higher, if any, than a Muscle.

I'll search around the site for the thread, thanks.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:02 PM   #8
H-D Heathen
Asatruar

Muscle (F bags) rigid bags on an 05 VRSCB

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142737

and it's post 33 in the other thread he mentions.
H-D Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:28 PM   #9
OLD FXR
Registered Full

Corbin is shit. I had the Beetles and they were too narrow,the workmanship was sloppy, double drilled holes,poorly cut and applied liners,the gelcoat crazed badly and the price is absurd for 3rd rate slag. To top it off, Corbin's customer/warranty service is a bad joke. F--- Corbin. FWIW,the H-D soft quick detach bags are pretty nice. I have them on my R. They are quite capacious though it's not a Goldwing.
OLD FXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:19 AM   #10
CPTJAM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 31 reviews
I have F bags on an R, and like them. No lock, but never messed with. Had to head and mold the inside to clear the shock, but easy enough to do. Joe
TRAVELER: 2006 Roadrod VRSCR, Custom painted Ultrawhite, TTS Supercharger version2.0, TMAX, K&N, Supertrapp V5 exhaust, Pondo Caps, HC Stage II V LED tailight, "A" model bars, Corbin seat, luggage rack, Sumax bags, chrome peg mounts, '08 "D" wheels, polished, rear pulley by Pondo. Slipper clutch. More to come! Old Dyno results: 155 HP 86#TQ
COMET: 2009 AW, painted ultrawhite, a work in progress....105.18 HP, 73.98 torque;
CPTJAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:21 AM   #11
iBike
Registered Full

Thanks to both H-D HEATHEN and CPTJAM for the "F" links and experience, and to everyone else for their input.

For now, I'll see if I can find someone local with an "F" and bags (maybe one of the local dealers has tried to "option-up" a bike) to see how much more they would really hold, or see if the bags are in stock locally.

My Ducati ST4S panniers are about half again as big as the "F" bags, but I think the "F" bags may be big enough, and are a bit less "precious"-looking (to me) than the Corbin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement