Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

I just bought the security system .How to install ?

9K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  pfbmgd 
#1 ·
I just bought the security system .

The module didn`t come with clear instructions .

Is there a link on how to install ?

#2 ·
Do you mean the alarm/transmitter module or the entire security system?

If it's just the alarm module it's dead simple. Remove the master fuse from under the airbox (as in the manual). Open up the passenger pillion and plug it in to the existing wire harness, secure it and your done.

If it's the entire system you'll need more help.

#3 ·
Just the H-D smart security system(#68207-07) .

The instructions that came with the part say go to the manual .There is no real write up in the manual .

It looks pretty simple .But how do I set up the security code if I lose the fob ?

#6 ·
Don't know about the install, but I do know that it replaces your original tsm (turn signal module) according to the instructions. Do you have the fob programmed into the system itself yet? If not, from my understanding you have to take it to the dealer where it will then be programmed to the matching serial number. Maximum of two fob. I'm not aware of anyone programming these themselves.

To set up the security code, it's in the owners manual. On a 09 owners manual it is on pg. 63. Very simple to do and should be a quick couple of minutes. If you still need help, I'll scan the pages and send it to you.

Factory alarm isn't so great imo. Try checking this thread out http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124740.

Any way you go, good luck.

#7 ·
You are replacing the tsm with a HFSM. It's a simple swap out for the hardware but the ECM and the new HFSM must be married together.
The attachment below is a how to on this marrying procedure. The FOBS have to be mated to the HFSM by the dealer. Can't do that yourself.

View attachment 141924

This procedure has worked for every model I've played with and a few more judging from posts on this and another forum I frequent.

The owners manual gives a real good writeup on handling the security feature. Read it. Make damn sure you enter a PIN code. If you ever lose your fobs then you will buy a new security module because there is no way to deactivate the system if you do not have a FOB or a PIN code.

#15 ·
Tried installing the system today .I couldn`t get passed the initial 5 number password .I put everything back as before .Now I have DIAG code on the odometer !

How do I get back to normal .

#16 ·
Post up what code it is throwing. While some (including me!) have opinions about the TSSM, HFSM, DGD, etc, the system is needlessly complicated and counterintuitive. Probably why most go with the DGD. It seems like it is designed for dealer install. Good luck! Post up if there is an easier way! Joe

#17 ·
Gimme a shout Paul, if you still have my number - otherwise, rsconsultingfll on Skype...

Rick

#20 ·
Installed the security module again .Left the bike alone while i ate dinner .Started it again let it run .No code showed up .I took it for a spin and no code so far .But the security system is not working .

The key light is not on and I can turn the engine on without the fob.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.