Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

HID Kit Install Video...

10K views 43 replies 24 participants last post by  Rad_nuke 
#1 ·
Got my Low Beam unit the other day and decided to record the install, takes about 20 minutes.
CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO

Makes some odd sounds when the words come on screen, I could have just said what I was doing but my voice is something almost as disturbing to me as my appearance so you get Text.

The Parts & Co:

http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=product&id=105&parent=61

I went with 55watt on both ballist and 8000 temp.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Excellent work there Lux! I'll be doing this mod to my bike before riding season kicks off.

Steve

#7 ·
How did USPS ever get that box delivered to you with the address blacked out like that? When anybody sends me a box by USPS I have to go two streets over to the house with the same number as mine and the street starts with the same letter, and ask if they have my package. If they don't have it, then I have to go over three streets to pick up my package. The package always has my correct address on it. :confused:

#8 ·
Nice job... what brand and temperature?

You forgot to show how you took off the windshield!

#10 ·
Happy with the color and wattage? I think that's gonna be my next mod.

#13 ·
Great video David.

You're missing one of the grommets that hold the front of the airbox in place. Aren't you hearing any rattling? I went and bought a few extras from my local dealer after I lost my first one.

#17 ·
Great video David.

You're missing one of the grommets that hold the front of the airbox in place. Aren't you hearing any rattling? I went and bought a few extras from my local dealer after I lost my first one.
part #11519

Great job on the install David!

#14 ·
well done :plause: and :them: on the missing left side airbox grommet

#26 ·
have you considered using a piece of small diameter air hose as a temporary grommet?

#19 ·
I put mine in tonight. Thanx for the help.

Attachments

#20 ·
Thanks for the video. Once my eyesight begins to fail in old age, and I'm afraid to ride after dark, I'll certainly plan on installing them.

One question: What do you do with the *****?

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww163/sisyphus1963/*****.jpg

#21 ·
One question: What do you do with the *****?

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww163/sisyphus1963/*****.jpg
the DDM kit comes w/a silicone grommet around some of the wires. To install, this grommet must be removed. At about 2:58 into the video you see Lux use the ***** to remove this grommet. They also come in handy for clipping off the long ends of zip ties such as in Hanzo's attached pix.

#30 ·
Got them in and installed today.... WOW! Shoulda done that 5 years ago!

#31 ·
Got them in and installed today.... WOW! Shoulda done that 5 years ago!
If you want to see what a single HID kit cost 5 years ago Click Here. The cost has only gotten reasonable within the last two years.

#34 ·
I am heading to Vista, CA. tomorrow specifically for the purpose of picking up a low beam HID. Woot! Woot! Thanks Lux. This thread should be a sticky.

#37 ·
Installed the low beam tonight. Wow, it's awesome! Thanks for the video, Lux. It was very simple thanks to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.