New PC V Map (F's) with A Good AFR Map!!!!!! - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD EFI > PowerCommander (All Versions)
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 11-13-2009, 09:51 PM   #1
EOD J ROD
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New PC V Map (F's) with A Good AFR Map!!!!!!

For all those that have the PC V with Auto Tune here is the map we all have been waiting for. HR1961 took my dyno tuned map and developed an AFR table to match. It does have a little decel pop and a still a little stutter in the 3k to 4k range but I would like to get as many people with different setups to give it a try to see how and what it fits.

The AFR map was developed to match my Dyno tune. This map produced 115.9 hp and 80.13 tq. So have fun....I am Jealous of those still riding.

HR has one more map in development for the "F's"

Please post here and/or pm me all feedback. These maps are under development and still have room for improvement. We are just up against the wall with winter coming in. Looking for those that will be able to ride beyond November to help us get these perfected for summer.
Attached Files
File Type: pvm HR1961 EOD JROD.pvm (4.1 KB, 113 views)
EOD J ROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2009, 10:25 AM   #2
sgottscho

My Autotune will be here on Friday, I'll load the new map on give it a go on Saturday. I will let you know the results.
PCV w/AutoTune
35w Hi/Lo HID's
sgottscho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:56 AM   #3
sgottscho

Got the Autotune installed on Friday and was riding all weekend long here in Florida. This map is great the only issue I seem to be having is a little poping on engine braking. Besides for that, the map is definitely the best that I have personally had on the muscle.
PCV w/AutoTune
35w Hi/Lo HID's
Old 11-24-2009, 09:26 PM   #4
EOD J ROD
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgottscho View Post
Got the Autotune installed on Friday and was riding all weekend long here in Florida. This map is great the only issue I seem to be having is a little poping on engine braking. Besides for that, the map is definitely the best that I have personally had on the muscle.
Put 15's in the 0% column from 2500 thru 4500. This should help your decel issue. You could try 10's but I find the 15 to be about right.

Any hiccups in the 3k to 4k range? Any issues in the cruise range? How many points did the auto tune want to adjust by?

I pm'd you my email. If you would please send me the map back so I can review it all.

Thanks for giving it a try.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:03 PM   #5
sgottscho

Here is the map, I had accepted all the trims after my riding this weekend so you are going to have to compare the actual map and not just the trims. I did experience a little hiccup around 3k rpm, a couple times over the weekend but nothing to cause concern over. I am glad to help make this map even better if there is anything I can do let me know.

Adding the 15's to the 0 range did remedy the majority of the decel issue, but there is still some.
Attached Files
File Type: pvm Shane Auto Tune.pvm (4.1 KB, 54 views)
PCV w/AutoTune
35w Hi/Lo HID's
Old 11-30-2009, 10:34 PM   #6
EOD J ROD
Registered Full

Any Luck with it running any better this past weekend?
Old 11-30-2009, 11:21 PM   #7
woverby
Woverby

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EOD J ROD View Post
For all those that have the PC V with Auto Tune here is the map we all have been waiting for. HR1961 took my dyno tuned map and developed an AFR table to match. It does have a little decel pop and a still a little stutter in the 3k to 4k range but I would like to get as many people with different setups to give it a try to see how and what it fits.

The AFR map was developed to match my Dyno tune. This map produced 115.9 hp and 80.13 tq. So have fun....I am Jealous of those still riding.

HR has one more map in development for the "F's"

Please post here and/or pm me all feedback. These maps are under development and still have room for improvement. We are just up against the wall with winter coming in. Looking for those that will be able to ride beyond November to help us get these perfected for summer.
EOD J ROD,

Don't have my AutoTune yet. Delayed until I find a new job. In the meantime still learning what I can do for now. I have my Rinehart 2:1 on my '09-AW now, along with the PC-V. I have a couple questions, one especially "newbie".

1) How close do you think the AFR map would be to my AW? Does the AFR map change dramatically for different models and exhaust or other mods?

2) Newbie question: Is a higher AFR number leaner or richer? Is it actually A/F ratio which implies a higher number is more air, and therfore leaner?

3) The PC website map for the Rinehart is "7s" in the 0% throttle, from 750-1500 RPM. I have decel pop, especially around the 3K-4K range. Shane's map has "15" in the 0% throttle from 1750-5K RPM. In the mean time, is it worth it for me to experiment adding fuel to this same range for now to reduce the decel pop?

Thanks,
Wayne

2009-AW with Rinehart 2:1 & Ceramic Coated Pipes
Detachable Windshield & Saddle Bags for Touring
Engine Guards with Highway Pegs
Sundowner Seat
Forearms
AutoTune
PC-V
woverby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:16 PM   #8
EOD J ROD
Registered Full

Woverby

1) How close do you think the AFR map would be to my AW? Does the AFR map change dramatically for different models and exhaust or other mods?

This question has yet to be confirmed. IMO that if you develop an AFR map that works and you change something......like going topless, then the PC V w/ AT would compensate for that and require minor modification to the base AFR table. I am under the belief that one AFR map should work for all bikes but the map may need adjusting at certain points, as just by factory numbers each model had different HP/TQ. So something is different.

2) Newbie question: Is a higher AFR number leaner or richer? Is it actually A/F ratio which implies a higher number is more air, and therfore leaner?

The higher the number the leaner the mixture.

3) The PC website map for the Rinehart is "7s" in the 0% throttle, from 750-1500 RPM. I have decel pop, especially around the 3K-4K range. Shane's map has "15" in the 0% throttle from 1750-5K RPM. In the mean time, is it worth it for me to experiment adding fuel to this same range for now to reduce the decel pop?

Yes adding fuel to those areas will help with the decel pop. I would look at putting 15's in your problem area. I do not recommend adding anything below the 2250 area as this will start effecting your low speed/idle areas.

On Edit: I looked thru some of the PC maps for the V Rods and I did not see any changes to the AFR table between the different setups. Not even the stock AFR map to the Rinehart map, both had the same AFR table.

Remember that the PC V is adding or taking away fuel from what the factory ECM is asking for in direct relationship to local enviromental factors. Those with AT are now taking away that function from the factory ECM and letting the PC V do that tuning total to the AFR map we program.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:54 PM   #9
woverby
Woverby

Thanks again for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOD J ROD View Post
Woverby

This question has yet to be confirmed. IMO that if you develop an AFR map that works and you change something......like going topless, then the PC V w/ AT would compensate for that and require minor modification to the base AFR table. I am under the belief that one AFR map should work for all bikes but the map may need adjusting at certain points, as just by factory numbers each model had different HP/TQ. So something is different.

The higher the number the leaner the mixture.

Yes adding fuel to those areas will help with the decel pop. I would look at putting 15's in your problem area. I do not recommend adding anything below the 2250 area as this will start effecting your low speed/idle areas.

On Edit: I looked thru some of the PC maps for the V Rods and I did not see any changes to the AFR table between the different setups. Not even the stock AFR map to the Rinehart map, both had the same AFR table.

Remember that the PC V is adding or taking away fuel from what the factory ECM is asking for in direct relationship to local enviromental factors. Those with AT are now taking away that function from the factory ECM and letting the PC V do that tuning total to the AFR map we program.
Thank you for answering my questions. I will experiment with the zero rpm range to reduce the decel pop until I can get my AT and also remove any additional fuel below 2250 RPM. Unfortunately, the weather here in Northern Colorado is COLDER than what you will have the next few days in Alaska! What's up with that :-)!!!

I believe my bike is running too rich right now with the Rinehart 2:1 and new map (especially at 5000 ft altitude). After reading other posts, I should of left my O2 sensors connected, and not used the O2 eliminators yet. However, to my defense, I was planning on purchasing the AT next, so it was the "natural" thing to do. I have a couple job leads right now, so will wait to re-install the O2 sensors since it is winter now, and doesn't matter that much (maybe will ride one or twice each month thru the winter).

BR,
Wayne

2009-AW with Rinehart 2:1 & Ceramic Coated Pipes
Detachable Windshield & Saddle Bags for Touring
Engine Guards with Highway Pegs
Sundowner Seat
Forearms
AutoTune
PC-V
woverby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:55 PM   #10
JW's_ROD
Registered Full

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and Harleys. I have a 09 "F" model and currently formulating the upgrade plan! My understanding is the after market fuel mgmt. system is basically B.S. ing the ECU. The stock setup from Harley is set on the lean side to comply with the EPA regs. When you guys go topless & upgrade the filter it's to allow the motor to breath. I've asked and been told the IAT (when topless) should be mounted in proximity to it's original position. Please let me know when I fall off the limb! So my real question is the unit/s are taking IAT inputs why not position the sensor as close as possible to the intake where velosity increases causing the temp to change? On a car with EFI it's positioned very close which could give it a truer reading. Any input is appreciated.

JW

2009 V-ROD Muscle
Progressive suspension
JW's_ROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:44 AM   #11
No Regrets
Registered Full

JW - Everything you said up to the IAT location comments is correct. I think the reason you were told to keep the IAT close to the production location is that since the original ECU programming and IAT fuel compensation tables were set up based on that location if you move it significantly you will need to do that much more work for the new fueling tables as you change hardware.
No Regrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:30 PM   #12
VCamp
Registered Full

I just finished installing my PC-V w/ Autotune, I used EOD J Rod's map and it worked pretty good for me. I need to add some fuel in the zero range. Im just running a KN filter and stock pipes for now, but I am planning on adding Tabs next month. Here is my map I accepted the trims before saving it.
Attached Files
File Type: pvm VerneAutoTune.pvm (4.1 KB, 38 views)
K & N Air Filter
Tab Exhaust
Topless
VCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:07 AM   #13
EOD J ROD
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCamp View Post
I just finished installing my PC-V w/ Autotune, I used EOD J Rod's map and it worked pretty good for me. I need to add some fuel in the zero range. Im just running a KN filter and stock pipes for now, but I am planning on adding Tabs next month. Here is my map I accepted the trims before saving it.
Did you have any isssues that maybe I can address? How large were your trims?

I was hoping that regardless of setup the AFR map will adjust the fuel to compensate for add ons.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:15 AM   #14
VCamp
Registered Full

I dont have any issues for you to address right now. Most of my trims were between 1-7 with only a couple that where 10. Nothing higher than a 10. I havent really got a chance to ride it much since we are having what they think might be the coldest winter since 1985. Today and tomorrow it is supposed to be in the 50's so hopefully I can squeeze a ride or two in.
K & N Air Filter
Tab Exhaust
Topless
VCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:17 PM   #15
EOD J ROD
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCamp View Post
I dont have any issues for you to address right now. Most of my trims were between 1-7 with only a couple that where 10. Nothing higher than a 10. I havent really got a chance to ride it much since we are having what they think might be the coldest winter since 1985. Today and tomorrow it is supposed to be in the 50's so hopefully I can squeeze a ride or two in.
Those adjusts were typical for your setup. You still may see a few more changes as you ride more, but most should be very minimal. Please keep me posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement