V-ROD Leather Jackets - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Classified Section > Commercial Classifieds
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 04-29-2009, 09:07 PM   #1
cnburton
ColonelB

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
V-ROD Leather Jackets

[Please note that I have no financial interest in the following; I'm just another inmate here in 1130cc.com and wanted to share]

Many of you have probably seen these jackets on ebay and one or two here on our boards from individuals. I was gathering my shekels to buy one, but they have not been on ebay for a time, so I went to the source. What I learned is that not only can you can purchase them directly, you can ask for custom colors, directly from the seller in the UK.

If successful, I will attach a picture from them on a traditional looking Harley Jacket and several more pictures I took of the modern-looking Jacket that I purchased. You pay through Paypal and, depending on the pound/dollar exchange rate, it will cost a bit under $170 to your mailbox.

These folks will try and match your desired color (top of the orange over black traditional jacket) based on a picture you provide. I can't talk to the tradional jacket, but mine comes fitting very much in line with the same size Joe Rocket jacket; it has functional zippered pockets in too high a location; good wind flaps under the zipper; high quality zippers; armoring all around; good insulation that does not zip out; and the one other drawback - no ventilation panels or zones; this one is for days that are not really hot (unless you're with other V-rodders and need to show off).

Their email address -has been removed at vendor request due to previous experiences with large volumes of hoax mail. Please PM me if you want to open up a dialogue with them.

The jackets are made in Pakistan. Mine arrived at my doorstep barely a week after sending them the money!

Last edited by cnburton; 05-01-2009 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Vendor request to remove email due to hoax spam
cnburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2009, 10:11 PM   #2
vrod kev
SOLD

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Yeah and they run one to two sizes smaller then what they say
Old 04-30-2009, 08:07 AM   #3
cnburton
ColonelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrod kev View Post
Yeah and they run one to two sizes smaller then what they say
Not sure I'm in agreement with that; as I said, this XL is not more snug on me than my Joe Rocket, also XL and uparmored. I'm about 210 lbs, 6' even, and take a size 46 jacket. They are meant to be tight for those unplanned get-offs we will all be taking at some point...If you're concerned, I would suggest going up only one size.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:49 AM   #4
mike dowel

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I would love to get one of these jackets, can you please let me know their web site. thanks mike
mike dowel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:29 AM   #5
vrodmr
Can U See me now

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I have one. But I agree with Vrod Kev. The guy I had bought from was local and had two. A large and extra large. My size is Med to a large. I left with the extra large. Also osn't there a size difference in what we call a large and they call a large overseas? Cool Jackets though.

I owe many on here adult libations.
2008 KC Homecoming Rally
2009 Daytona Breakfast

2010 Daytona Breakfast
2010 Sturgis
2006 NightRod (surgery scheduled)
1966/72 oif TriBsa 650

vrodmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:16 PM   #6
Jeck
Fade to Black

Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Yes there is a size difference. I wear a large and my jacket in a 2XL. I could fit in a XL but the extra room is nice for layering.
Jeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:46 PM   #7
LOCO
Just a big ole Doof

Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Had mine made in Korea for $200, (no armor) custom fit to my measurements. Great for cool days.
LOCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:11 AM   #8
luxlamf
Sanctimonious

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Well I guess none of you will ever forget what model bike you ride. Nor will people in Low Flying Planes, Helicopters, 40 Story Buildings, people with 60/40 vision, etc...
May I ask "What would be considered "Too Much/Too Many of the same words on one garment?" Never even a "Slight "Twinge" of Embarrassment wearing those things? No one your with ever just stops you and says "Man really, you going to wear that to where we are going, Really? Can you at least take it off when we get there so I don't have to be next to Tron/ SuperHero man all day?"
Old 10-07-2009, 06:43 AM   #9
vrodmr
Can U See me now

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxlamf View Post
Well I guess none of you will ever forget what model bike you ride. Nor will people in Low Flying Planes, Helicopters, 40 Story Buildings, people with 60/40 vision, etc...
May I ask "What would be considered "Too Much/Too Many of the same words on one garment?" Never even a "Slight "Twinge" of Embarrassment wearing those things? No one your with ever just stops you and says "Man really, you going to wear that to where we are going, Really? Can you at least take it off when we get there so I don't have to be next to Tron/ SuperHero man all day?"
That's humorous.None at all.
I would ride with ya all day Lux. I could brag to people, over a beer, how I won it off ya in a race. And that's why your stuck wearing that Beverly Hills label smokin jacket on the ride.

I owe many on here adult libations.
2008 KC Homecoming Rally
2009 Daytona Breakfast

2010 Daytona Breakfast
2010 Sturgis
2006 NightRod (surgery scheduled)
1966/72 oif TriBsa 650

vrodmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:21 AM   #10
LOCO
Just a big ole Doof

Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrodmr View Post
That's humorous.None at all.
I would ride with ya all day Lux. I could brag to people, over a beer, how I won it off ya in a race. And that's why your stuck wearing that Beverly Hills label smokin jacket on the ride.
<--LUX
LOCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:23 PM   #11
Colormegone
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cool jacket

Quote:
He’s just jealous….

http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/showim...imageuser=6090
Colormegone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:17 AM   #12
cnburton
ColonelB

VRod Proud

Quote:
I look at wearing this jacket as an opportunity to expose a large swath of the public, who see "Harley Davidson" on the bike and really wondering why a bike with that name is blowing by them. After I pass, they get the opportunity to view the jacket "V-ROD" lettering from the back as I bring it up to warp level 7. It's all about boosting the brand, my brother. They's a lot of ignant folks out there, even many riding motorized bicycle conveyances.

To round out the ensemble, I wear it with a pair of signature Harley Safety sunglasses and Harley zip-up boots that have logo'd zipper pulls as well as logo metal plates on ankle, heel, toe, and tongue (6 per boot), just in case someone missed the jacket.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:56 PM   #13
Z16monte
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
HD copyrite protection is probably sending the attack dogs after them as we type.
Ed
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Z16monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:04 PM   #14
mballard34
Powdercoat Maniac

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Period

Oh forget get the tattoo V-rod at the same time; you know the one that stick with water
http://s746.photobucket.com/albums/x...ember%20parts/
mballard34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:59 AM   #15
byscott
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Great rant, but WTF is 60/40 vision?
Advertisement