Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

TSSM password retrieval

8K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  MYCAR47562 
#1 ·
I want to put in a password for the TSSM on the 02 just in case the fobs die like they did on my R. The PO had a password. How can I retrieve it? Change it? Lookng through the electrical, it just show's how to add if there was no code previously entered

#3 ·
The only TSSM password I know about is the digital password that the TSSM and ECM use to communicate on the SERIAL DATA LINK. This password can't be entered or changed.

There's a "Personal Code" that's entered using the turn signal switches. Once entered this can be used to disarm a armed TSSM if the FOB is lost or damaged. The procedure for entering or changing this personal code is explained on page 3-6 using Table 3-4 on page 3-8 of the '02 EDM. I attached these pages.

PS I just realized that i forgot to post the last steps of Table 3-4 on page 3-9

Attachments

#4 ·
stever975 if the password is lost, forgotten or never known is there a way to retrieve it or set a new one. I ask because my 04b has a password set but I don't know what it is and I'm the third owner.

#5 ·
I'm assuming you mean the TSSM "Personal Code". If so, yes this can be retrieved:

Once you're in the TSSM PC programming mode (step 4 in Table 3-4) and you then press the left turn switch (step 5 in Table 3-4) the first digit of the TSSM PC will be indicated by the turn signals: 0 to 9 flashes. Zero flashes means that the TSSM PC has not been set and steps 6 through 22 explain how to enter or change it.

#6 ·
IN the 2006, it shows the pass code in the Odometer window.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.