Harley Davidson Garage door opener issues - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD Technical
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 07-17-2008, 06:17 PM   #1
snakecharmer
06 SE V-Rod

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Harley Davidson Garage door opener issues

I seem to have a problem suddenly with the opener getting out of sync or somehow loosing its pairing with the bike. This has now happened twice. The symptoms are:

- leave in the AM, toggle the light switch and the door goes down like it is supposed to.

- Come home, the door will no longer go up on command from the bike

- Go through the procedure to pair the unit on the bike to the receiver in the garage

- It works fine for a few days

- Repeat.

Is this likely an issue with the HD Receiver on the opener, or the transmitter on the bike? How can I diagnose it further?
2010 Corvette ZR1
snakecharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2008, 09:25 PM   #2
whiskerbiscuits
Lip Smack'n Good

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Mine has done the same thing in the past. I could only figure that the power would go out for a few seconds during the day on the opener. This would happen every so often. I did notice that with the power off to the opener, as in a thunder storm, I would always have to re-pair the transmitter to the base unit. This is all I have ever come up with.

I have not had to pair up the unit at all this year so far. Keeping fingers crossed.

Good luck with yours.
whiskerbiscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:30 PM   #3
Malcomx
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Is the HD opener cheaper than just adding a bar mounted switch to a standard opener and keeping it under the airbox?
Malcomx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:23 AM   #4
RustyG
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcomx View Post
Is the HD opener cheaper than just adding a bar mounted switch to a standard opener and keeping it under the airbox?
No,
Harley can not do anything the realistic way. H-D unit includes a transmitter in the bike and a receiver plugged into your wall socket.

Mine will occasionally lose its cool and have to be reset also.

A little button and a stock remote modified to connect to the switch is a much better option, cheaper also. Attach the button to your horn cover somehow and you are good to go.

John
Everything is JMHO. Accuracy is not assured.
Quote:
The more I know about people the better I like my dog. - Mark Twain
2007 VRSCX 0461 / 1400
2003 VRSCA – Gone but not forgotten.
2002 Road King Classic
RustyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:54 PM   #5
snakecharmer
06 SE V-Rod

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskerbiscuits View Post
Mine has done the same thing in the past. I could only figure that the power would go out for a few seconds during the day on the opener. This would happen every so often. I did notice that with the power off to the opener, as in a thunder storm, I would always have to re-pair the transmitter to the base unit. This is all I have ever come up with.

I have not had to pair up the unit at all this year so far. Keeping fingers crossed.

Good luck with yours.
Glad to know I'm not the only one. Mysteriously it was working again this morning. We have had a lot of power failures recently storms, so I'll see if I can correlate it to that. Thanks.
2010 Corvette ZR1
snakecharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement