Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Offical VRSCDX picture thread!!!

1M views 3K replies 605 participants last post by  Jeffs2016V-Rod 
#1 ·
I know I'm a newer member around here but I would like to see a picture thread for our DX's. I've been floating around the forum and searching but haven't seen one consolidated place to view DX pictures only. I've been a member of numerous other forums with specific picture thread for anything and everything. I think it would be great idea to see what everyone is running from stock to one off customs especially since we already have our own sub forum. So lets see what you have, anything to show off your DX!!!!! Mods...if its a good idea can we sticky this???? If im off base or it's something we can't do please let me know.

#1,161 ·
thanks Dereiter ..... i think there 2 sizes ... #1492 and #1491 ..... think i got the smaller ones .... JP's wanted $35 postage to Oz , i found on ebay and postage only $15

#1,171 ·
Yeah, I like how you've done the rear inside rim. It shows off the deep dish of the wheel and goes well with the front white wall.

#1,173 ·
Duh

Well, hell; I shoulda picked up on that. No wonder they look good together. :cool:

#1,177 ·
Got it to where i want it for now :dance:

Attachments

#1,178 ·

#1,179 ·
Nothing extra ordinary about my bike, it's a 2013 DX pretty much stock, still waiting for some backordered goodies to come in.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

#1,180 ·
There's a giant slug trail going down the side of your night rod. Looks pretty serious, I'm thinking it will take some tools to remove.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

#1,186 ·
DEI makes a hi-temp black spray for $20/can at Pep Boys. Get some scotchbrite, scour the pipes quick, and hit them with 3-4 coats. It will look great and last a long time. I did a pipe on my old rigid and a set on my buddy's Dyna. The stuff is great. I'll be spraying my D&D this winter as well because the factory coating is total shyt.

#1,189 ·
Am I missing something or why are there a bunch of non DX pictures in the VRSCDX thread? I haven't been to the dealer recently. Maybe they are all called DX now.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#1,195 ·
Add white exhaust and white swingarm and that would be hot!

#1,196 ·
Wow, that white looks good.....all the bikes in here look good !! I figured I had drooled enough and finally let temptation get the best of me...after much encouragement from my good friend Dr. Adams !!

Here is my 2012 Night Rod Special in Sedona Orange. Simple mods....so far.... H-D quick release windscreen, H-D mini back rest and pad, H-D luggage rack, and Vance and Hines Black Widow exhaust. The new ergo's on the '12 really fit me great and I am enjoying riding this bike every chance I get !!

#1,253 ·
Great looking bike you got there... and love the back rest and luggage rack. Is it true that you would have to drill into the fender for the luggage rack installation? Just curious. Ride safe...

#1,256 ·
Thank You Sir...and you are correct. You do have to drill the rear fender for the luggage rack mount. I added two layers of protective film to the bottom of the mount so as not to scratch the fenders painted surface while it is installed and then when I remove the rack, I have three small..almost flush plastic plugs that fill the holes. It's hardly noticable at all...looks as if they are suppose to be there if you do see them. I have had the back rest/luggage rack on and off a couple of times now and I actually prefer the look with it on.

#1,261 ·
Still waiting for mine to come in...

Thank You Sir...and you are correct. You do have to drill the rear fender for the luggage rack mount. I added two layers of protective film to the bottom of the mount so as not to scratch the fenders painted surface while it is installed and then when I remove the rack, I have three small..almost flush plastic plugs that fill the holes. It's hardly noticable at all...looks as if they are suppose to be there if you do see them. I have had the back rest/luggage rack on and off a couple of times now and I actually prefer the look with it on.

I actually ordered the same and did you do the install yourself and was it pretty easy, and where did you get the plastic plugs. I like your set set up so if you didn't mind sharing the install process, I would appreciate it... otherwise please ride safe...

#1,206 ·
Is this a question for everyone or someone in particular???

#1,208 ·
Finally done modding my 08 DX, yes this is it!!!

MODS LIST: Black Satin Powdercoated Muscle Wheels and all controls, Arnott Air Ride, 5" FFSK (Frank's Fork Slam Kit), Rizoma Triple Trees and Risers, 31" Dragbars, Heated Avon Grips and matching Avon Footpegs, Engineering Artisan Passenger "Forearms", NLC Radiator Cover Wrapped in 3M Carbon Fiber Dinoc, Carbon Fiber Headlight Cowl and Airbox with RAM Scoops, Sundowner Rider Seat, AW Pillion, Radiantz Tailight Bar with Built-in turnsignals, Rear Fenderless mod, Rick's Shorty Front Fender, MS Biketec Instrument Cluster Relocation Kit, K&N Individual Cones on Shortened Stacks (Topless), Stage 2 Cams, HD SEPST, Vance and Hines Straight Cut Second Gear, shift forks and solid shift shaft, and Vance & Hines 5th Gen Indy Competition Series Exhaust. Dyno @ 134.4 hp and 89ft/tq.

#1,209 ·
I have to ask, where did you get the carbon fiber headlight cow? bike looks great, tastefully done.

#1,212 ·
Absolutely. Just to put it in perspective: A stock color airbox cover from Harley runs between $595-$641. Which is insane really, and other fiberglass aftermarket airboxes unpainted run $450-$500 plus paint at @$250-290.

The advantage to Carbon Fiber besides the weight savings is that it looks great unpainted, maybe a clear coat like they have on theirs.

#1,215 ·
i need to sell some shit! that's exactly what my bike needs. i wish they had the radiator shroud also

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.