TTS install coming soon. - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD Big Bore/Turbo/SC/NOS area
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 03-29-2016, 05:22 PM   #1
gentzleon
Dead

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
TTS install coming soon.

Well I pulled the trigger, got me a TTS kit. Polished,should see it in a week or so. Now any tips or tricks for the install? Also I have the Power commander V with auto tune, will I be able to use this? I know of some using just the PCV and it working great. I wonder if the auto tune is even worth to have it on now. Any maps? recommendations?
gentzleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2016, 05:39 PM   #2
quake
'10 Black Denim F

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Congrats man! I hope some day soon I will get to join you guys in the club (or maybe a turbo? ). I can't help you with your questions, but keep us updated on the install and take some pics if you have a chance. Good luck!
quake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 02:37 PM   #3
gentzleon
Dead

UPDATE... Well no update really. I have my PCV, Auto Tune all set up to run pressure based to properly tune the SC. I have yet to receive it. Gonna be 2 months in a week or so. Has been in customs for I say almost 7 days. Has not even left the UK.. sad very sad but lets hope the kit is nice enough for the wait.

Old 05-11-2016, 03:02 PM   #4
mattssi
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
+1

I hope to get this kit in the near term - hoping to see the latest kit installed. I'm probably opting for twin-tec since I like all of the extra features. Good luck!
Old 05-11-2016, 08:07 PM   #5
07NightRodDx
Registered Full

Install is easy. You will be happy with the results.
Bassani Exhaust, DTT Gen4, Arnott Air Rears, FFSK Front, Drag Bars, Cult Werk Fork Covers, Front & Rear LED. TTS SC, Jones SC Cams, Muscle Wheels, Cult Werk Tins, Truck-Lite LED Headlight and Bracket From Tim, Stainless Black Bolt Kit.
07NightRodDx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:22 PM   #6
Bluediemond
Registered Full

bought my PC V from cyclesolutions.com who also travel the country for bike weeks with a dyno. The owner said NOT to buy the auto tuner. Said it's junk. He explained it's better than stock but you could do better learning the software and doing the tunes yourself by ear than using the auto tune. He does recommend the PC V, which I also like and tinker with the settings even tho I've had the bike dyno'd by them.
Bluediemond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:20 PM   #7
gentzleon
Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluediemond View Post
bought my PC V from cyclesolutions.com who also travel the country for bike weeks with a dyno. The owner said NOT to buy the auto tuner. Said it's junk. He explained it's better than stock but you could do better learning the software and doing the tunes yourself by ear than using the auto tune. He does recommend the PC V, which I also like and tinker with the settings even tho I've had the bike dyno'd by them.
I have had the auto tuner for a year on my bike and has worked great, better than my dyno tune. Before i purchased i spoke to the guys at fuelmoto and the talked good about it. The issue is many don't know how to tune with the AT and even then dont know how to tune by pressure with the auto tune....i will be tuning with the auto tune via pressure based map...
Old 05-13-2016, 03:53 PM   #8
Karzza
all or nothing

Garage
Quote:
He explained it's better than stock but you could do better learning the software and doing the tunes yourself by ear than using the auto tune.
O.M.G!

300rwhp, E85 fuel
Falicon +3/8" full circle, K1, ceramic CP 4.25" pistons
Pinned cases, ARP 12mm head and main studs
Jones cams, SuperAlloy valves, titan retainers, Ferrea springs
Turbo Garret GT2860R, water cooled, Tial-housing
16 Psi Tial waste gate, Forge BOV, Treadstone IC
Bosch 190lb/hr injectors, Wabro 330lph pump
Bosch 5bar fuel regulator
Daytona VRFIgen3 ECM, Delphi 3bar MAP.
11 plates carbon fibre, billet basket, billet lifter plate
Str cut 2nd,
K&M plenum and -brace
Karzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 05:25 PM   #9
swampboogiedoug
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Karzza, Eric Clapton is doing his tuning ! While his guitar gently weeps...
swampboogiedoug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 11:11 AM   #10
Karzza
all or nothing

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampboogiedoug View Post
Karzza, Eric Clapton is doing his tuning !
OK, then it makes sense

300rwhp, E85 fuel
Falicon +3/8" full circle, K1, ceramic CP 4.25" pistons
Pinned cases, ARP 12mm head and main studs
Jones cams, SuperAlloy valves, titan retainers, Ferrea springs
Turbo Garret GT2860R, water cooled, Tial-housing
16 Psi Tial waste gate, Forge BOV, Treadstone IC
Bosch 190lb/hr injectors, Wabro 330lph pump
Bosch 5bar fuel regulator
Daytona VRFIgen3 ECM, Delphi 3bar MAP.
11 plates carbon fibre, billet basket, billet lifter plate
Str cut 2nd,
K&M plenum and -brace
Karzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 01:01 PM   #11
gentzleon
Dead

Quote:
Hmm so why do they even use dyno's if they can tune by ear.. They must have some really good hearing to be able to hear when the afr is within range...
Old 05-14-2016, 08:27 PM   #12
07NightRodDx
Registered Full

No, you put your mouth over the exhaust to check the afr..... ear is just for timing..... geeez
Bassani Exhaust, DTT Gen4, Arnott Air Rears, FFSK Front, Drag Bars, Cult Werk Fork Covers, Front & Rear LED. TTS SC, Jones SC Cams, Muscle Wheels, Cult Werk Tins, Truck-Lite LED Headlight and Bracket From Tim, Stainless Black Bolt Kit.
07NightRodDx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 02:17 PM   #13
VrodPete
Elephant Motors Rock

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07NightRodDx View Post
No, you put your mouth over the exhaust to check the afr..... ear is just for timing..... geeez
Everybody knows you taste the exhaust for timing dude. Get with it!

HD SE II Cams, 3/8" Falicon Crank, Carillo Rods, CP Pistons, DA Fitz Engine Brace, Destroyer Injectors, Doherty oil pan, DA Fitz Head Port/Polish/+1mm Valves+springs, DA Fitz 58mm TBs, ARP studs, V&H 2nd Gear+Shift Shaft, Motohouligan Airbox, Wegner 2->1 Exhaust with Supertrapp V5

152.77 HP, 101.06 TQ

Other Toys: '01 BMW K1200LT, '76 Honda CB550F, '81 Mooney M20J

VrodPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 02:53 AM   #14
TTS PERFORMANCE

As the supercharger produces boost linearly and with direct relationship to tps. I always tune to tps and forget the boost. The only down side is if you tune at sea level and start touring up mountains, it could run rich. But with AT you can compensate. Should be an excellent solution.
TTS PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:31 AM   #15
gentzleon
Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTS PERFORMANCE View Post
As the supercharger produces boost linearly and with direct relationship to tps. I always tune to tps and forget the boost. The only down side is if you tune at sea level and start touring up mountains, it could run rich. But with AT you can compensate. Should be an excellent solution.
Yea, I have a base map set for tps vs rpm but have heard if tuning via pressure with the auto tune should be good. I will go with the tps vs rpm with auto tune first and the play around with pressure after I get it all set up. Now to wait for Custom's to quit playing games.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement