New Street Rod - Page 3 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCR
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 03-16-2017, 02:49 PM   #31
-alan-
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-D Heathen View Post
It will be a cold day in Hades before I ever own a "Street" model, 1000+cc or not. Although I agree the Motor Co. will likely produce one in that size as a replacement for the XL line.
Curious HDH - is that because you're just not in the market, or do you fundamentally dislike the concept ?
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2017, 11:06 AM   #32
LL Cool K
Insane inda membrane

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinOaks View Post
High hopes, LL. High hopes.

150K in V-Rod sales and a 15 year run is nothing at all to piss on. "Stop it". Many a maker/builder would be delirious over those numbers.
You can't be serious... 10K bikes per year is NOTHING!...

Per an H-D annual report:
Dealers worldwide sold 267,999 new Harley-Davidson® motorcycles, a 2.7 percent increase over 2013

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
In loving memory of Betty Boost! 1929-1996
Winner of the 2012 Midwest Thunder7 Johnny Hotfoot Award... Best Rat Bike!

LL Cool K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 02:27 PM   #33
H-D Heathen
Asatruar

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by -alan- View Post
Curious HDH - is that because you're just not in the market, or do you fundamentally dislike the concept ?
In part,because at heart I'm still an air cooled guy.
Always been a FX, FXR, and Dyna rider. Any FL model I owned eventually ended up being stripped of excess BS and weight.

At 6'0" and 275 #, none of the Street models nor the XL line are sized for me. So you could say I'm not in the market. But then again at age 65,I'm not in the demographic group that either of those lines target.

I've owned two Sportster models since I started riding Harleys in 1974, An XL 1000 and a later variant the XR-1000 . Neither model was comfortable for me to ride any distance;somewhat like the "R" model I now have in the garage. I don't expect the XG line would be any different for me.

Just my

"Nothing is foolproof if you have a sufficiently motivated fool."

2006 VRSCR-"Not another black V Rod..." She's been beat on, thrown to the ground, abused,neglected & put away dirty..... but the gas gauge works !

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more.I thought I was mellowing as I got older,turns out I just don’t give a shit.”

H-D Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2017, 06:40 PM   #34
RustyG
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDKSH View Post
Just thinking about a whole new generation of riders that will experience the line "* fits all models except StreetRod *"
Once the 49 other new models are introduced and made available the advertising blurb for accessories will be "Fits all models except AIRHEADS".

John
Everything is JMHO. Accuracy is not assured.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Twain
The more I know about people the better I like my dog. -
2007 VRSCX 0461 / 1400
2003 VRSCA – Gone but not forgotten.
2002 Road King Classic
RustyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:16 PM   #35
-alan-
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-D Heathen View Post
In part,because at heart I'm still an air cooled guy.
Always been a FX, FXR, and Dyna rider. Any FL model I owned eventually ended up being stripped of excess BS and weight.

At 6'0" and 275 #, none of the Street models nor the XL line are sized for me. So you could say I'm not in the market. But then again at age 65,I'm not in the demographic group that either of those lines target.

I've owned two Sportster models since I started riding Harleys in 1974, An XL 1000 and a later variant the XR-1000 . Neither model was comfortable for me to ride any distance;somewhat like the "R" model I now have in the garage. I don't expect the XG line would be any different for me.

Just my
Sound. I was just curious where you were coming from. I'm an ex Sportster (XLH100 would you believe), Dyna, and now current Vrod rider too. Lots of similarities there - and equally the Street line doesn't do it for me.

I can't really fault the engineering, so must have got to the point where the style weighs at least (if not more) heavily than substance. Hard to admit - but fkit, it's my money, and I'm getting older (and grumpier) so why not ..

Maybe the HD guys have got me pegged better than I could ever imagine.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:49 AM   #36
TwinOaks
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL Cool K View Post
You can't be serious... 10K bikes per year is NOTHING!...

Per an H-D annual report:
Dealers worldwide sold *267,999 new Harley-Davidson® motorcycles, a 2.7 percent increase over 2013
*HD had about 20+ different models in 2014, if not more.

You think they sell 10K of those awful trikes per year? Yet they stay in production and rarely do you see one in a showroom. Nor have they introduced a variant of same. HD might sell 10K trikes a decade.

Ducati has 11 models and sold 54,000 units in 2015, an average of less than 5K each. And it was considered a banner year.
TwinOaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 01:56 PM   #37
Minerod
Registered Full

10k trikes in 20 years.
Minerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:14 AM   #38
Minerod
Registered Full

The name v-rod has disappeared from the Pro Stock Motorcycle racing teams. But the bike continues to be the same..
Minerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:48 AM   #39
TwinOaks
Registered Full

I'm thinking 10k of those bloated 40K CVO's per year could help sustain a company just fine!

Old 03-24-2017, 02:14 AM   #40
TwinOaks
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinOaks View Post
*HD had about 20+ different models in 2014, if not more.

You think they sell 10K of those awful trikes per year? Yet they stay in production and rarely do you see one in a showroom. Nor have they introduced a variant of same. HD might sell 10K trikes a decade.

Ducati has 11 models and sold 54,000 units in 2015, an average of less than 5K each. And it was considered a banner year.
Actually, 37 models as of today. Granted only 4 different engines with variations of each, but I would assume 10K of each would make HD's year a huge success?
Old 03-24-2017, 07:43 AM   #41
polbit
Registered Full

Back to the new Street Rod, so far reviews are pretty uniform - good on paper, execution sucks.

I take back anything positive I said about it.
'16 Camaro 2SS Garnet Red Tincoat
polbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:10 AM   #42
streetrodracer
Registered Full

Yea, the new " Streetrod " is exactly what H-D wanted it to be, a juiced up version of their new Street series bikes, for young, beginner and small riders. Just the entrance cost would tell any of us that it does not have what we would want in a bike. Having said that it was good to see them out in the flat track race even though the Indian bike was spanking their a$$. ( Still think that Indian engine may be a bit of a cheater ) My hope is it eventually leads H-D to build a top end version of a standard style bike - a " Streetrod 3 " ? that we can buy for less than 20 K - but maybe that's wishful thinking -
streetrodracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:20 AM   #43
polbit
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetrodracer View Post
Yea, the new " Streetrod " is exactly what H-D wanted it to be, a juiced up version of their new Street series bikes, for young, beginner and small riders. Just the entrance cost would tell any of us that it does not have what we would want in a bike. Having said that it was good to see them out in the flat track race even though the Indian bike was spanking their a$$. ( Still think that Indian engine may be a bit of a cheater ) My hope is it eventually leads H-D to build a top end version of a standard style bike - a " Streetrod 3 " ? that we can buy for less than 20 K - but maybe that's wishful thinking -
Well, I didn't mean to say it was a good replacement for the V-Rod in any way originally, just that it looked finally like a good entry-level bike for the newer generation. Unfortunately, it is not.
'16 Camaro 2SS Garnet Red Tincoat
polbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:50 AM   #44
streetrodracer
Registered Full

I often wonder if anyone spends any real quality time riding and testing these new models. In typical H-D M-O the bike is OK for a rider that doesn't really know better, buys it, gets the inexpensive entry price for a H-D then later sets out to fix everything that is sub-par on it - ergonomics, engine power, pipe, handlebars, lights, seat just like we did to our V Rod bikes, adding hundreds to thousands to the original bike cost. Kinda fun actually. We should Welcome them all to the H-D world as it always has been ! ( Bring money and time, it will be needed to optimize new model blank slate bikes. )
streetrodracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 04:13 PM   #45
lakedrunk
1130cc.comaholic

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LL Cool K View Post
People, quit your bitchin'

All people do is bitch, bitch bitch. When the D came out, people bitched..."it's not a V-Rod."

When the R came out... bitch, bitch bitch. "it's not a V-Rod."

When the F came out... bitch, bitch bitch. "it's not a V-Rod."

When the Street came out... bitch, bitch bitch. "it's not a V-Rod."

I predicted when the Street came out, it eventually will become a variant of the non-selling V-Rod. Eventually, I predict, a 1000+cc Street will come out to replace the V. It may not have the standard horsepower of the engine we have, but that will quickly be solved by the aftermarket.

It'll have that 6 speed transmission that V-Rodders have whined about since 2003.

Soon, someone will have a modded one, and the next thing you know, everyone will love it.

Stop it.
I heard the bitchin from way over here!

Loyal member Coonass Fan Club - Midwest Chapter

lakedrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement