Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

the un-Harley

5K views 44 replies 31 participants last post by  Ernie82 
#1 ·
Put this windsreen on tonight. Was looking at it and thought, this is just not your normal Harley. I know it's very, uh, different, but I think it's the un-Harley I've always wanted :stilpoke:

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Johnny 5 would be a great theme for the bike! :)

#15 ·
I like. I wouldn't mind having the nacelle on my DX modded to increase the angel of the fairing. I'm sure that would cut the wind just a little bit more.

#16 ·
Carbonfiber buell windscreen off ebay, took forever to arive, but nice work. Me and Jonny 5 went riding last night, can't even tell it's there from the sadldle. Just kind of aims the wind at my chest. It's just a different look, and I am very.."different"

#17 ·
Are those zip-ties holding that fly-screen on?

#18 ·
Looks good!

#20 ·
Gearheadesw said:
Ah, not just zip-ties, BLACK zip-ties. They are working so well I might not make brackets
You're cracking me up, man!

#21 ·
I like the un-harley sentiment, but it doesn't follow with the h.o.g sticker pasted on the front fender.:stilpoke:

#23 ·
Hey GearHead, I've been a huge fan of your bike ever since I saw it featured on the home page here at 1130cc. Your bike is the "wallpaper" for my laptop's desktop (I think my R is getting jealous). That said, I think the screen takes away from the bike's badassedness that appeals to me. But like they say, if you like it then, Cool! It's your bike. I'd at least recommend keeping the zip ties so you can cut it away easily when you don't need it. You're still a freakin' visionary in my eyes.

#24 ·
davidhovey said:
Hey GearHead, I've been a huge fan of your bike ever since I saw it featured on the home page here at 1130cc. Your bike is the "wallpaper" for my laptop's desktop (I think my R is getting jealous). That said, I think the screen takes away from the bike's badassedness that appeals to me. But like they say, if you like it then, Cool! It's your bike. I'd at least recommend keeping the zip ties so you can cut it away easily when you don't need it. You're still a freakin' visionary in my eyes.
Thanks man, that makes me feel great about all the hard work that's gone into this bike. Still a little out to lunch on the screen yet, but I like the nikname Jonny 5 now...oh well, thanks again David

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.