Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Shopping for supercharger kit from Patrick Racing just my thoughts

7K views 45 replies 17 participants last post by  drd 
#1 ·
Just want to share my thoughts and experience.

I was in the market for the supercharger kit for my V-Rod (sorry turbo guys :) ) after searching the message board and the internet itself i figure out the only option for me would be the Sprintex kit Patrick Racing are the dealers for it here in US.
So i tried to called the PR (Patrick racing) and was trying to see if i can schedule the time to stop by at the shop to check it out since they are local here in Los Angeles.
It's extremely hard to reach them and even if i do there is only 1 person getting the phone without any knowledge of the product they sell. If you lucky enough she might schedule the time for the mechanic o call you back i made 4 attempts before he finally called me. i expect to get some costumer service for the amount of money I am paying to them.

Now the part that you decide if it's fishy.

1. I was trying to schedule appointment to come see the kit in person but they don't have a showroom in Los Angeles or anywhere else. For the address they use P.O. Box office somewhere in Los Angeles. Finally i was able to schedule the time to see a kit on the bike that they have it. I got the address of the warehouse in remote location where the bike was and brought inside from the back door. The warehouse doesn't look like anything close to the bike shop or repair facility.
2. O'k i liked the kit and i want it to order. I have been told 4 weeks wait time and 50$ deposit with the credit card. O'k I am o'k with that. Few weeks later i finally getting the invoice but what do i see the deposit is now $3000 and for some reason they want me to charge tax doesn't matter if i have a legit motorcycle business with the resale certificate or even if its shipped outside California i still got to pay tax. Wrong but o'k i still can live with that.
3. O'k i am ready to place a deposit even with all that changes. I am calling PR to place a deposit and more news. I can't pay with the CC. I can only do wire transfer money order or cashiers check (all 3 ways i don't have a control over it once it leaves my account) and the new wait time is 3 month now.
4. I called the office phone and talking to the lady trying to solve that situation. But while i am having my conversation i am being reminded few times that i don't act now and don't do the wire at this moment they have 2 more costumers standing by ready to buy my kit with cash in hands. O'k i still want to do it (i really want that kit) i asked if i can stop by at the office or at least meet in person so i can actually can have some kind of signed sales contract. But the answer is no. Th address in LA is not the legit address its just P.O Box. And i have been told even that i am calling the LA area code number (714) it's being forwarded to the Arizona and there is no way i can see anybody in person.

More i talked more fishy it gets. I have been give a hundred reason why i can't see anybody in person and can't see the legit sales office or the shop. And why there is only cash deal possible.

So that's just my thoughts maybe somebody had a better experience but to me it's sounds like a scam. And no way i am sending a wire transfer to somebody i don't know and who can't provide me any prove that the sale is legit.

So if somebody looking for the kit be careful. Don't be at the same situation as me. 2 month wasted. At least i still have the money.

See less See more
#5 ·
The tax part is BS. They are just trying to get extra $ from you. They want cash because they are doign it all off the books, so obviously they are not paying tax on it.

You also have to think, if they are this unhelpful now it will be 100x worse after they get the $ from you. God forbid you ever have a problem with the kit, you will be SOL.

#13 ·
Do a check on the Better Business Bureu and see how "spinstertec" is rated,coz to me,it sounds like they wanna stick it up your...well...you know where! :spank:

#15 ·
I am wondering after reading 31 pages of another post on sprintex superchargers if the final dyno with the extra injector and map was done on "blown08VRSCDX" and also there was another person who fitted the sprintex. How has the reliability been. Sprintex certainly had some bad press early on (years ago) but i would hope all the problems have now been ironed out...any feedback on newish installations please???? I also love the neat fit of the sprintex...magic...but the need to take off the blower to change plugs???...is this difficult or an easy job??? Reliability and ease of servicing for most people is pretty important....early quotes of 150hp+...is this a reality on the newish installs?
Paul

#21 ·
Sprintex in Australia is still selling the supercharger in Australia at least.
Phoned Mark today. He is selling the hardware but not the software like commander 5 or thundermax. Thunder tech in Perth,WA Australia have been fitting some with good success they say (using Ducati 12 hole injectors), and commander system. The sprintex hardware is $5000aud but currently on Christmas special.

#27 ·
I only heard ppl are saying the Sprintex is bad and it blew few motors but i never actually talked to the real person who had a bad experience with it. I only talked to the people who have it for a long time and happy with the performance and clean look.
Also i don't like the idea of the turbo since it's like a fan sticking out on the side of the bike dis balancing my bike :)

#29 ·
I love the sprintex design, far and away the best looking setup so far, but it did have a problem with the sealed bearings they were using. They claim that problem is fixed, and that's great, but I wouldn't risk a blown engine on a product that's had failures. I can't afford a rebuild (I can't afford a blower either, but that's a different story).

#30 ·
I had a conversation with Sprintex US and they would be able to suply the kit for me for the $4900. ?I think that's a great deal for the clean install without having a fan hanging on the side of your bike. The only think they don't supply is the tuner but they recommend either HD Screaming Eagle tuner or Power Commander.
Is there any other people interesting in a kit ? We can get a lot better deal if we can order few kits. PM me if interesting.

#31 ·
HOLD ON TO YOUR HORSES!!!!

PM sent!!!!!

More to follow in time.

#33 ·
[/B]

Good things come to those who wait :D

Are you serious? That is an amazing deal! Please PM me who you talked to. [/B]The sprintex kit is by far the cleanest looking one currently made.
You are correct it is the cleanest one out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.