Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Insight of Toxic XXL drag bars?? Drag bar help

6K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  jut8 
#1 ·
Done some searches on here, see Toxic exhaust mentioned a bit but no real good reviews on their XXL drag bars as far as looks, comfortability, and how they hold up over time. Anyone help a guy out?

Or have any other suggestions for a nice black drag bar, prefer the fat 1 1/4 looking bars, and under $200 if possible.

Suggestions on some cool looking risers would also be appreciated. I am ordering a NLC airbox later in the winter and will be relocating my guages to my airbox at that time so handlebars will be a clean look. Thanks guys!!!

#2 ·
Got them on mine and love them. They look tough and have the recess for threading the wiring through them. I instantly felt in more control of the bike when I first tried them. I know thats a just a mind thing. One of the better mods that I have done so far.
Took me a while to fit as I had to cut the wiring to be able to thread them through. So far the the finish has stood up really well as I ride in all weathers.

#5 ·
Thanks for the reivew. They deifinitely look good on their and the price is decent enough I can run them for a while and if I decide down the road I want something else, I didn't spend $800 to find out. You have me sold on them, thanks...

#11 ·
What brand of mirrors are those ? sweet .
Yes they are the Highway Hawk Agila mirrors. Just another point about the Toxic bars, you dont have to run the wires inside them if you dont feel confident cutting the wires. (The multiplug connectors are too big to go through). Also, you dont have to extend the brake or clutch lines at all

#4 ·
Those are deifinitely nice bars but I think I am going to stick to the $200 Toxic ones and use the rest for additional mods. Have to many things I want to put on it, have to budget somewhere or my wife may have me sleeping beside it and not her...

#8 ·
From the looks of his sig, they are Highway Hawk Agila mirrors

#10 ·
Yes they are on the Toxic website as well as on Ebay.

#13 ·
Insight on Toxic XXL drag bars

Hi guys , I have been reading this old thread but didn't quite get the feedback I was hoping for.

I have a 2007 DX and I am 6'2 long arms and not quite comfortablertable with stock bar as I have to sit Straighter ( long arms). but slouch upper body to get to grips. Now it looks good at a red light but not what I am looking for :p. I bought a Chrome Werks bar 27.82 inch ( after reading that my DX had a 28 inch stock bar -- Wrong =30inch... ) so too narrow , didn't like the feel of it and my brake line was twisted like in a Tornado so I aint going to risk tearing it apart ...

So I returned to google and everytime I see the Toxic XXL bar ( getting the same bar end round mirrors) I am like THATS what I want ! that fat look-- wide--

but what I would like to know is "how " does it will affect my position ?
I am comparing pictures side to side of stock DX with toxic xxl installed and they seem to be quite at the same " height" but with a different wrist angle and they are wider, also I believe a little closer to the Rider ( bigger pullback "

Am I wrong here ? what you guys think ? if any of you have some pictures ( besides the one from Toxic - ) Id LOVE TO SEE ! especially if someone on it -

I just hate stock bar... and despite the ugly look ( with respect to peoples taste) just feels weird.

Thanks for you time guys. I am waiting before buying them , although new grips and mirrors arrive tomorrow :( can't wait for a new bar.

PS: I will not go for apes- I dont do a lot of highway , I live in NYC so much more in the city - some week ends me and my friends ride 2h to bear mountain , ride a bit - stop / eat / ride ---- no cross country here :)

Cheers !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.