Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Changes to 1130cc.com

71K views 175 replies 117 participants last post by  Vern 
#1 ·
Hi there,

I'm sure you've noticed we've made some changes to your favorite V-Rod destination. I'm sure there'll be a lot of questions, and some confusion, so I hope that we can help any way we can.

First of all, we're still working to resolve some issues such as the photo gallery.

As we mentioned in the Motorcycle.com Intro thread, we have introduced ads to the site. These ads do help to generate revenue, but we are giving options.

First of all, you will see fewer ads if you are logged in. This will get rid of the banner that appears in the middle of threads.

Second, all registered members have the ability to turn off those text ads called "IntelliTXT" that converts some words into ads. You can disable these by selecting the appropriate option on the Edit Profile page: http://www.1130cc.com/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile

Third, we are introducing paid Premium memberships. These come in two formats, a recurring one-year Premium membership and a Lifetime Premium membership. Both of these options allow users to disable the column on the left including all of those ads along the side. Premium members can also do this on the Edit Profile page: http://www.1130cc.com/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile

PLEASE NOTE: In recognition of those who have been active participants on 1130cc before we made these changes, those with over 1,000 posts will be given Premium Member status for 3 months as of today.

Also: the default avatar size limit has been lowered from 125x125 to 96x96 pixels. However, those of you who already have avatars larger than 96x96 will be able to keep them. But if you change avatars again, your new one will have to fit under the new limit. Premium members are allowed avatars up to 144x168 pixels.

See less See more
#11 ·
I have to say that I am extremely disappointed in the way you have handled this take over. Its a business to you and a passion to us. I work in the IT industry and if you had any respect for the user – (me) you would have done this in the middle of the night .As far as memberships and Fees for some – I think you missed the point of what this site was about. Don’t get me wrong I support MAX 10000 % but I don’t support the current owners. And you wonder why you’ve had problems in the past with your forum take overs and why they suddenly fail. I will no Longer be coming to great wonderful site that you have destroyed in 1 day after the 90 day membership expires. I currently have access to software and possible server space for anyone who would like to try and go back to the old way .To any members that care here are my stats
Craig Elliott
Aim—pawpaw2me
Email – Craig-elliott@sbcglobal.net and Craig.elliott@emerson.com

#61 ·
:them:

Hey TCVROD....... If you are going to use your server and make a new forum count me in. I would not mind helping you out. Just let me know. I do not post much maybe 3 to 4 posts a week however, I just bought my bike back in Jan 08 and have been a member ever sence. When I am suposed to be working I am on here I think I spend a total of about 30+ hours a week on here just reading about stuff. I have got lots of good advice and help from other members on here and very happy. After reading what most of you have to say great info and agree about the fees. Why? should we have to pay for larger mail boxes and space to post our pics in (am I correct?) My ? for the new owners is how much $$$$$$$$$ did you pay for the take over? We have 20,000+ members correct? I bet that most members would back me up on this......... Every member donates a min of $5 or more........ we could buy our old web site back 20,000 members X $5 dollars = min $100,000 to buy it back and put back the way it should be.

Who's With Me?

:soapbox:

#12 ·
"
PLEASE NOTE: In recognition of those who have been active participants on 1130cc before we made these changes, those with over 1,000 posts will be given Premium Member status for 3 months as of today."

What about those of us that have been members for YEARS but don't write something every other time we log in?

#13 ·
yea outlaw been here since 5-20-04 but remember screw the old guys that don't post just to be posting if i have a legit topic question or reply i post of course since i ride a v rod theres really never any problem with it so that means fewer posts from me and by the way Big-Rod what year and model v rod do you have?

#17 ·
The site is now veeery slooooow!!!! Hardly feel comfortable paying to use a much slower site and where the owner's have no idea of the type of advertising I may be interested in. I find it ridiculous that an air cooled engine has been used in the mast head( or whatever it is called)

Whilst I have accessed this site from my office and home in the past, I don't think I want to waste my time with it on my slower home connection.

#20 ·
I agree with that. I think my time on here is about done. This is the second forum in a month that I liked very much that got bought out out by some asshole and changed everything. I have meet a alot of nice people here and always felt like one big family. I'm sure the hell not going to pay to be part of this fiasco. I didn't mind slipping max a few extra bucks for the site. Very very disapointed.

Ps This site is slower than shit.
Later

#19 ·
so I have been here for a while (last fall) and because I dont post everyday to get my posts up to 1000 I dont get the free trial .

Why dont you pick a date not a post number

#22 ·
Should have been anyone that has been here over a year receive a prem. membership. Looks like I will have to buy into corporate Canada!!

#25 ·
Ya, but at least you'll have universal health care :deal:

#26 ·
Well, this was a good web site but if you're gonna charge for it I predict a lot of people are gonna bail out. You're gonna go from a web site with over 20,000 members to one with less than 1,000. Just MHO

#28 ·
What is everybody talking about? It is still free membership. I think there are 3 options, Free Member , Premium Member, and Lifetime Member. I don't mind being a Free Member. I don't need more than 5MB for images and I don't need more than 50 private messages anyway.

#29 ·
Crying Shame !!!

I have been on this forum since '04 and have seen a few changes along the way, but they were almost all improvements with the members (family) in mind and were usually discussed here and adopted by consensus. What I see now is just horrible with all the ads, terrible pic's and paste-up logos of non-V-Rods ! And charging to be a member when you have all these advertisers plastered all over the page !!!! That's JUST WRONG !!!!!!
This forum was started with the owner and potential owner in mind as an information exchange and gathering place for V-Rod enthusiasts. It was never meant to be a money maker. Sure, we all kicked in a few bucks when we could to help defray the costs, but that was purely voluntary and we all felt like we were all part of the whole and it's evolution. But now it looks like any other forum that is just some big corporate (or wanna be BIG) entity wanting to take total control and the members be damded in the name of profits!!
It looks like the Death of our beloved forum to me folks! :bash:
Please tell me it ain't so friends, V-Rodney

#87 ·
I have been on this forum since '04 and have seen a few changes along the way, but they were almost all improvements with the members (family) in mind and were usually discussed here and adopted by consensus. What I see now is just horrible with all the ads, terrible pic's and paste-up logos of non-V-Rods ! And charging to be a member when you have all these advertisers plastered all over the page !!!! That's JUST WRONG !!!!!!
This forum was started with the owner and potential owner in mind as an information exchange and gathering place for V-Rod enthusiasts. It was never meant to be a money maker. Sure, we all kicked in a few bucks when we could to help defray the costs, but that was purely voluntary and we all felt like we were all part of the whole and it's evolution. But now it looks like any other forum that is just some big corporate (or wanna be BIG) entity wanting to take total control and the members be damded in the name of profits!!
It looks like the Death of our beloved forum to me folks! :bash:
Please tell me it ain't so friends, V-Rodney
my example exactly, you been here since 04 but no 1000 posts so you are not a long time user ?

#30 ·
I hope I don't scratch my bike's windsheild scraping off my 1130cc.com sticker!

#31 ·
I have been a member from the beginning, I believe I am number 77.

I left the V-twin forum when it became.............well, just like this.

I have not posted alot, but have always been there to help when needed.

For me its not the money, fourty dollars is nothing, hell four thousand is nothing, but for me it is the fact that I am now second class and I don't like it.

I am going to hang around here for a while as a free(second class member) and see just what this place is going to turn into.

I have stayed here and helped because I have enjoyed it. Right now I am not enjoying it.

Chromeframe

#34 ·
...For me its not the money, fourty dollars is nothing, hell four thousand is nothing, but for me it is the fact that I am now second class and I don't like it.

I am going to hang around here for a while as a free(second class member) and see just what this place is going to turn into.

I have stayed here and helped because I have enjoyed it. Right now I am not enjoying it.

Chromeframe
:them:

#35 ·
I'm completely in shock. I'm out of town away on business, and logging into the forum makes me feel more at home. Now, I don't know what happened to this site and I feel like I lost my home...

I try to be open minded, but right now, I'm feeling just a wee bit slighted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.