Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

What did you do to your V-Rod today

1M views 8K replies 930 participants last post by  2003 VRod Rider 
#1 ·
I noticed we didn't have one of these, and figured I'd make one. I mod on some car forums, and they are usually pretty interesting topics.

So did you mod, maintain, fix something?

Today
- I changed and bled the rear brakes (now its very very stiff hmmm)
- Relocated the rear signal to the shock mounts using a kit (required pulling the shock tops, rear fender, under-fender, cutting the under fender, and extending the wires)
- Installed the side-mount from Killervrod.... had to cut my plate smaller, but looks good. I didn't install the LED yet.
- Removed the Screaming Chicken exhaust and packed them up, getting TAB's this week

#2,708 ·
shifter input shaft...

Hey how bout those cheap ass input shafts?? Mine broke last year, right at the "relieved" area.... nice, clean break... I was in MI from Fl and took it to a guy, and told him to lay it over on it's side and weld the connector linkage right where I had it.... Ha, he looked at me like I had three eyeballs!!!!.... then, after he looked a little closer at it, he agreed... and, a crisp twenty dollar bill later, I was on my way... Seems to be okay still today....no leaks, and will be a pain in the ass IF I ever have to fix it again.... Regards, Roger.

#6 ·
I rode for a few hours before work, finally removed the rusted-ass stripped screws from the sissybar/baseplate and replaced them. Now I'm home and about to hop back on for a jaunt...

#7 ·
Pulled my EXT17 battery and swapped in an EXT20, which involved rerouting some cables and cutting the front lip of the airbox. I wish I'd have done this a year ago.

#9 · (Edited)
my mods

on my 03 i v-modded stock exhaust, installed pcv retro fit from fuel moto and added k&n filter. bike is more responcive and sounds great

the list of mods to my 71 prostreet challenger is too long to list but
it has 750+ hp and does wheelies (wheelies are cool hehe)
but only gets 4mpg if i keep my foot out of it

#692 ·
Info

on my 03 i v-modded stock exhaust, installed pcv retro fit from fuel moto and added k&n filter. bike is more responcive and sounds great

the list of mods to my 71 prostreet challenger is too long to list but
it has 750+ hp and does wheelies (wheelies are cool hehe)
but only gets 4mpg if i keep my foot out of it
Love that car,I had 66 Dodge Charger,383 ,fiberglass front end, trans kit,410 rear, ran great until some Fidiot stole it in Quincey ,Mass and parked her inside someones house!

#13 ·
Removed all of the touring stuff (engine guards, touring pillion, saddlebags, windshield). I like having the stuff on there but the bike looks alot nicer without it all.

#104 ·
I feel ur pain, couple weeks ago I was mounting a road glide fairing support to my street rod. It required 2 10mm x 1.5 bolts on the the frame be changed. Well I got 1 3/4 of the way in and started to seize. Tried to back it out no luck broke it, drilled it attempted to extract broke the extractor. Had about 4 hours in 1 bolt. UGHHHH:banghead:

#36 ·
:them: At least shes lookin good

#20 ·
Accepted some trims on the autotune, washed it, changed the oil topped of the radiator juice to the fill line and covered her up.

Leaving for Reno Street Vibrations on Wednesday Night.

I hate being ready too early but I have a San Jose Sharks function to attend Tuesday and I'm playing hockey wednesday night before leaving. Laundry done, bags packed. Running a backpack with supplies for a day then the wives will be up on Friday with the support vehical. (Meaning beer, snacks and fresh clothes.)

Sounds like the format is a bit different this year. Everything is in Sparks, Virginia City, Tahoe and The Reno HD dealership.

Doesn't look like too much will be in downtown reno this year.

Outdoor vendors closing at 7pm this year.

#22 ·
Prepped for a 800 mile ride to do the dragon! Tires, oil, fluids........

#23 ·
Rode it to work

#24 ·
i added rizoma bars , an aw light and ddm HID lights

#27 ·
BEAT IT LIKE A RENTED MULE to and from work! LOL

#29 ·
Looked at it in the back of trailer where its been sitting for 11 days and wished I never hauled out on this job down 8 miles of shite Louisiana roads that my 4X4 truck can barely get down away from any black top.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.