When do I need to buy a Tuner? - Page 2 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD EFI
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 10-06-2016, 07:23 PM   #16
kntdrv
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinOaks View Post
The CFR was purpose built for the Revo, designed, tested and sold by a V-Rod owner, for the V- Rod only.
Never knew this….

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinatlanta View Post
While one pipe will make power differently than another, the idea that one is more difficult to tune is absurd.
The shop I bought the CFR from told me this. Glad I didn't listen cause I love the sound of it and I'm pleased with what my Dyno guy did.
CFR Pipe
Drag bars

joi gin
kntdrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2016, 04:20 AM   #17
TwinOaks
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinatlanta View Post
Butterfly Chatter eh? I like that.

d.
LOL!! Didn't know what else to call it. There might be a technical name for it, couldn't remember if I once knew, but what do you expect from an ignorant Harley guy? If I had any brains I'd be ridin' a Braap. With 3 A's!
TwinOaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 04:21 AM   #18
TwinOaks
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by kntdrv View Post
The shop I bought the CFR from told me this. Glad I didn't listen cause I love the sound of it and I'm pleased with what my Dyno guy did.
Must be real good for business!!!

Old 10-11-2016, 08:36 AM   #19
lafromla1
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinOaks View Post
The CFR was purpose built for the Revo, designed, tested and sold by a V-Rod owner, for the V- Rod only. IMO, it does the best job for the street. I don't know about it being difficult to tune but will only say a "competent" mechanic is key to any tune.
Due to different changes at different times, we've had the bike on the dyno 3 times, the CFR always tunes easy enough IMO. I think a lot of people get confused with the "butterfly" chatter. The butterflys will dance at idle and a lot of people attempt to tune it out. Won't happen.
That is a great description, because that is what is happening at idle, a little bit of 'chatter', but nothing alarming that would cause me to think that there is a mechanical issue anywhere. However, once the throttle is engaged, it is smooth sounding all the way through.
Whole Lotta Fun.....
lafromla1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 04:14 PM   #20
Waggy
Registered Full

Further back in this thread, I saw somebody writing that ,with EFI, any exhaust change requires a tune . Ive had a handful of bikes which definitely didn't need a retune after putting cans on e.g XJR1300, Speed trifle, Sprint 1050.
* I am not doubting that it applies to these bikes though, It's just not always the case.
Waggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 04:43 AM   #21
TwinOaks
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
Further back in this thread, I saw somebody writing that ,with EFI, any exhaust change requires a tune . Ive had a handful of bikes which definitely didn't need a retune after putting cans on e.g XJR1300, Speed trifle, Sprint 1050.
* I am not doubting that it applies to these bikes though, It's just not always the case.
True to a point, however this thread is V-Rod specific. Some stock tuners have a wider range than others and can cover "some" small changes, but I would always want to be 100% sure. Not worth the risk. You can also run the tuners limits to the edge as well and have nothing left for hot/cold, ect..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement