Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

How much top speed?

13K views 90 replies 66 participants last post by  plasticman05 
#1 ·
What can be expected out of the Street Rods for top speed, I saw some figures quoted on a Screaming Eagle 2005 model. I once smashed into the rev limiter in 4th gear when the only person on the road heading toward the Utah / Nevada border. Was gaining so quickly on a semi I shut it down. Never did see what the spedo said. It got on the hiway after being at a truck stop, popped my bubble. The bike pulls very hard but when it hit red line it stopped pulling like the brakes were used. Do not know anyplace in Nevada to off hiway find this out.

The numbers for the 05 SE were in the 130+ range if 28 tooth and 140 + if 30 tooth. Not sure how many tooth the front sproket is on the Street Rod, would the only difference be how soon the bikes get to max speed?

Thanks if anyone has an answer to this.:wazzup: morally:broke: ? not yet!!

#2 ·
street rod would be pretty close to the same as the Screaming Eagle

#6 ·
I've had my D to 145 without hitting the limiter in 5th, but I know it had to be close to the limiter. I do know that in 4th hitting the limiter it was at 137.

#7 ·
I agree about that, I saw 110in 3rd gear without touching the rev limiter.
On Jan 1 am taking a ride to stateline NV to go roller coaster riding, am going to post in area for Las Vegas V roders to know. Two others going one has a 2006 Yammie 600 called the R 6 I believe it a 4 banger with a 14500 redline and the other is a Honda Shadow 1100. If we all get "frisky" with the throttle are these bikes if I choose I could keep up with? Thanks for the info.

David

#13 ·
I chickened out at 230 k/ph but the with the roads in this part of the world it's not the smartest thing to do, MOOSE/DEER/BEARS/LOGGING TRUCKS/and potholes that swallow toyotas whole
Stunning 1: thats about 140 something American was there much RPM left or unsure. Your country is so cool I have to look very hard and am not sure I could get all those hazards in one place at the same time. Safe Ridin' and keep the greasy side down. Do not end up being cooked on someones Barbie if road kill is a meal any place you ride.

#14 ·
Try the road to searchlight across Eldorado Vally early in the morning. Its about 5 or 6 miles across and no traffic or police in the 5am to 630 am window. The road is as flat and smooth as a piece of glass and visibility is endless. If you are concerned about police post an outlook on the searchlight end with a radio and go for it when all is clear. If you go later in the morning Meto will be doing a shift change and NHP will be out of bed and the truck traffic will also be heavier. Don't ask how I know. I have had my stock VRSCR to about 140 on this road.

#15 ·
Watch the Metro car and some times Boulder City does this also they park a car with a dummy in the drivers seat. Yester day it was at the begining of Searchlight where it changes to a 25 MPH zone. When heading toward Laughlin.

#18 ·
vrodsweeper said:
What can be expected out of the Street Rods for top speed, I saw some figures quoted on a Screaming Eagle 2005 model. I once smashed into the rev limiter in 4th gear when the only person on the road heading toward the Utah / Nevada border. Was gaining so quickly on a semi I shut it down. Never did see what the spedo said. It got on the hiway after being at a truck stop, popped my bubble. The bike pulls very hard but when it hit red line it stopped pulling like the brakes were used. Do not know anyplace in Nevada to off hiway find this out.

The numbers for the 05 SE were in the 130+ range if 28 tooth and 140 + if 30 tooth. Not sure how many tooth the front sproket is on the Street Rod, would the only difference be how soon the bikes get to max speed?

Thanks if anyone has an answer to this.:wazzup: morally:broke: ? not yet!!
I have had my R to 138. It has the 28 tooth sprocket. I think that was about all she had though. For now, that is.

#26 ·
vrodsweeper said:
Two others going one has a 2006 Yammie 600 called the R 6 I believe it a 4 banger with a 14500 redline and the other is a Honda Shadow 1100. If we all get "frisky" with the throttle are these bikes if I choose I could keep up with? Thanks for the info.

David
You'll have no problems with the Shadow 1100, but the R6's top end is around 155 (actual, not speedo indicated).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.