Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Sprintex Supercharger

39K views 374 replies 42 participants last post by  BIG POPPA 66 
#1 ·
Hey all,

In the past there has been some problems with the bearing not being fitted very well in the housing.

I have been told that the entire unit has been reworked.

They are NOT supplying any tuning kits. You will have to use what you have or get something that works.

The unit requires you to interchange the TB parts onto the S/C.
I would recommend contacting ohioVROD (Fitzgerald Motor Sports) and haveScott weld the screws in on the butterflies.

I have been in contact with them for a couple of weeks.

I am in the process of becoming the Vrod Supercharger Dealer in the USA.

I will not be responsible for an waranty items.

I can assist you if need be.

I am just the guy to go to if you wish to buy a unit.

MSRP is $4995.00
10% discount $4495.50

If you are serious about buying a kit please post up.
I need at least 5 to get a better discount.

If there is not enough interest then this will die!!!!!

I have wanted one of these and now it is going to happen.

1. rsc

See less See more
#307 ·
Bring it to Las Vegas. I can put it on, and have a friend with a dyno shop. PM lux on local folks to you. Joe

#312 ·
One unit safe and sound with its new owner!!!!!

#314 ·
two safe and sound...

#316 ·
Well, mine was the one that just make it to its new home. After looking through the items it the kit it looks very well put together.

When I read through the Owers Manual, there was one item (that was called out twice in red) tha may be hard to manage. That is the fact that is does not want it to be run with Ethanol blended fuels.

I can't even find a station that even sells pure gasoline in my area, let along trying to find it when you are on a ride and run low on fuel.

I may need to reach out to them and see what the might suggest for those that must use blended fuels on a regular basis.

Attachments

#317 ·
PM sent...

#321 ·
P.s .if there are more little issue's I'm more than happy to ring them for you guys and get the answers.the guy seems to versed well enough in them to answer most questions .

Stock cams are his recomendarion for these units ..as for the dude in Thailand stage 2 cams as rod has said before are not recommended.

#326 ·
Well, just went through all of the instructions and the kit components. Turns out there are a lot of 'issues'. I just sent off an email with 10 specific issues.

Don't get me wrong, I am not upset or anything like that. In fact I am quite pleased with the quality of the parts and the fit and finish. It just seems like there is a fairly large disconnect between the instructions and what was actually supplied.

#325 ·
And they recommend Harley oil that will get the Amsoil guys squarking!!!. :hidesbeh:

#327 ·
I am watching close on this. I hope it works out! Did they supply larger injectors? On these, is the PTO off the waterpump? Is the belt toothed? We need more pictures! Joe

#332 ·
The package came with 2 injectors that are the same physical size as the stock one. However, the stock ones have 4 holes, the Destroyer have 6 holes and these have what look like 12 holes. That being said, there was nothing in the manual about these injectors including the flow rate which would be manditory information when configuring an ECU.

It no longer came with a Supplementary injector that feeds the system in front of the compressor.

Yes, it is still off the water pump/triple sprocket. I can't seem to recall for certian on the original units if they left the old shaft in place and just drove off the stock one as if it was the water pump, but this kit includes a whole new shaft with a left hand thread, larger bolt to secure it to the triple sprocket. I see no issue with how they are driving it this time.

Still a splined belt, no teeth. It does have a pretty stout idle arm/wheel to keep things snug.

#329 ·
If you want to wait until the manuals are updated please feel free. It will take us until June to get the revisions written up and published.

The VROD has so many variations that we cannot keep up. This is for those who are willing to tackle something more than plug and play. You need some skills.

The manuals need to be updated and at this time they are not

#330 ·
I will look at my unit tonight and see what I can make out, too.

My thinking is that it was way overkill on the first ones.

I think they forgot to take some parts out or they for got to add some parts.

I will look at if I was adding a turbo to the bike.

The secondary ecu is no longer provided.

#336 ·
From what I am seeing now:

#1 Choice, DTT VRFID

#2 Choice, Zippers Thundermax

My reasoning is that both of those ECU allow for 2 (or 3) Bar MAP sensors and can adjust fuel basd not only on vacuum, but on boost as well.

The SERT or SEST could be used as well, but you would have to do some calulations yourself and trick the ECU by using a 2-Bar sensor and translating the vacuum figures there to both vacuum and boost based on the sensor being used.

#339 ·
I'm getting just a little chubby thinking about seeing the first ones out in the wild, done right. I'm still thinking that this blower on a 1402 could be fun and done in such a way as to keep it together with just a little planning and forethought.

The only thing pissing me off right now is that I sold my stock cams.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.