Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Sprintex Supercharger

39K views 374 replies 42 participants last post by  BIG POPPA 66 
#1 ·
Hey all,

In the past there has been some problems with the bearing not being fitted very well in the housing.

I have been told that the entire unit has been reworked.

They are NOT supplying any tuning kits. You will have to use what you have or get something that works.

The unit requires you to interchange the TB parts onto the S/C.
I would recommend contacting ohioVROD (Fitzgerald Motor Sports) and haveScott weld the screws in on the butterflies.

I have been in contact with them for a couple of weeks.

I am in the process of becoming the Vrod Supercharger Dealer in the USA.

I will not be responsible for an waranty items.

I can assist you if need be.

I am just the guy to go to if you wish to buy a unit.

MSRP is $4995.00
10% discount $4495.50

If you are serious about buying a kit please post up.
I need at least 5 to get a better discount.

If there is not enough interest then this will die!!!!!

I have wanted one of these and now it is going to happen.

1. rsc

See less See more
#75 ·
#76 ·
Questions are now;

How much is S/H and where are they shipping from. ILL. in USA or Au.

Need a set dead line date of arrival in the USA

If they are coming here to the USA let them pay that shipping. It is their business.

Let ALL of US get along and make this happen!

Right now they have 10 units sitting on the bench that was made.

Once these units are gone Sprintex will make another batch. They make a set of 10 when the demands warrant it.

Sprintex thinks they are only going to be selling 5-6 if they are lucky.

I am hoping to prove them wrong.

#77 ·
My thoughts are lets put the ball in there court.

Let them get them here in the states first then we can go from there.

#84 ·
I Looked into this about a year ago.. the $$$ getting the unit here was freaking rediculous. I do like the units so if a cheaper all out cost is available I would be interested..

#80 ·
My question is, will a twin screw whine like a roots SC? I know they are similar in design but still retain their own characteristics as far as how they move air.

All i have to say is that if this kit whines half as loud as my old SC Grand Prix, i already have a chubby. This truly would be a very cool kit if it pans out and i am already planning it in next years budget!

#83 ·
how will this system hold up with a pulley change to increase boost and increase HP? for as much money as it is for one of these setups it doesn't yield a lot of results in return. just curious how to get more out of it. i believe these push out 7 lbs of pressure, what if we took it to 9lbs?

#85 ·
Are there anymore Questions?

I will be sending e-mail tonight.

Thanks
rsc

#86 ·
I copied this from Bretts post.
Worth a shot looking into.

when i looked at these kits closely a while back sprintex did offer a warrenty on there product and damage done by their product for 12 months ,but it MUST be fitted by a certafied dealer and shop ,

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com App

#88 ·
If you guys become certified would they then warranty any issues with the motor is something was to go south? If that would be the case I think you guys would have an awesome setup on your hands. And I know where my bike will end up in a year or so when I decide I need "MOAR POWER!"

#90 ·
Did you read post 73/74?

#92 ·
Hi Scott,

Thanks for the info. I posted for all to read.

Some folks still have some concerns about this unit.

It is going to be a hard sale, but worth it.

Questions:

-how will this system hold up with a pulley change to increase boost and increase HP?

- for as much money as it is for one of these setups it doesn't yield a lot of results in return. just curious how to get more out of it. i believe these push out 7 lbs of pressure, what if we took it to 9lbs?

-when i looked at these kits closely a while back sprintex did offer a warrenty on there product and damage done by their product for 12 months ,but it MUST be fitted by a certafied dealer and shop ,
-How does one become Certified?

-How many colors, Chrome and Black?

-If you guys become certified would they then warranty any issues with the motor is something was to go south? If that would be the case I think you guys would have an awesome setup on your hands.

-My Biggest thing is that " I " want specs. for this thing so that when I get it " I " can check out the tolerances ( after being shipped ) and if and when a part fails " I " want to be able to fix /repair/maintane the unit.

-Are thes unit being shipped to the USA now?

-When will they arrive?

-How does one pay for the unit?

-Who do we payfor the unit?

- Also please note to Sprintex that we are on the same boat of getting those kits other ways i have been told today by Sprintex that there are too much interest in their kits and they might not have enough kits and the price might go up. (Its like we are bidding on the item on the auction that we both going to use)

-Because we ask questiopns reguards to your product we get hit with a price increase.

Scott,

In reguards to the price increase, We are a forum and everything is open on this debate about the SuperCharger.

The tactic of not having enough of them and saying you are going to raise the price is not good on a forum. This is bad for business.

So you only have 5 now. It was 10. What hapopen to the other 5 units. As for a bidding war, We can wait until Sprintex decides to make more.

Besides If the interest is more then 5, Then Sprintex can make more and not worrie about them sitting on the self.

Thank you for your time

Rodney Chesnutte

#100 ·
What appeared initially as interest of 12-15 systems is really 2 serious buyers plus a few other guys who are on the fence. Neither appear to have full retail MC shops which concerns me regarding the capability to handle the tuning and the install which is difficult. Several shops have done poor installs and it cost Sprintex money, that is why we do not warranty the rest of the bike and will not "certify" a shop.

I don’t know anything about prices going up or a bidding war. The retail price is $4995 that is a reduction of $1000 from the last time we produced the system, but we are not supplying any tuning solutions. Perth is only sending me 5 as they have people buying them as well and it appears that the actual demand in the USA is minimal.

The components for these are all machined from billet which is extremely time consuming and draining of other resources. We do not actively promote the system and will only produce it again if enough interest is shown to justify it. That means a lot more than 5 systems, how many would it take to crank up again can't be said at this time.

We will not cover any damages done to the MC as a result of installing the system. WE do not have any control over the installation or condition of the bike and motor. We will warranty our parts for 1 year from defects in workmanship if they are not modified. We are not “certifying” shops for this anymore. If someone wants to step up and commits to buying and selling 5 per month we would think about it.

Questions regarding overdriving our s/c for more power; IT WILL VOID THE WARRANTY. We can tell if you have modified the our system, or run it improperly when we examine the returned parts. You are modifying your bike for more power that comes with a risk. If you are unwilling to take the risk do not do it. You are adding extra stress to the system, depending on a how good the motor was to begin with, you can crater it, if you tune it improperly you can crater it, if you throw more boost into it you can crater it.

There are supposed to be 5 systems on their way to the States. That is not confirmed at this time. Since we did not have a firm order I did not push hard for 10 systems.

We will not release our blueprints, these are not fix it yourself systems.

One color, aluminum.

I will sell directly if I have a system in my inventory but I prefer to sell through a dealer network. The buyer will have to make arrangements with the dealer for payment and shipping. We do not drop ship.

#101 ·
I just spent the last 45 min. on the phone with SPRINTEX USA!

CLASS LISTEN UP! THIS MEANS EVERYONE!!!!

I hate it when someone tries and does and end run around. I do not take kindly to it.
You that know me, Know that I am an honest man and only want to help out for the good of the forum.

No good deed goes unplunished!!!

I am not posting as 2 people.
I am not calling and acting to be 2 people.
I am not trying to drum up intereest in this s/c. I think that has already been there.lol
Now for the rest.

As noted above:

there is no price increase. This is BS!

Listen:
Do Not call Sprintex!
Here is why!

The order was shipped last Friday. (Hoping for 5 units)
Sprintex USA do not have any idea what is in the box.
When the box arrives, I will get a e-mail telling how many they got.
AFERISTIK I will let you know when they come in.
We are at the mercy of the gods!
I am not trying to be the guy.
I am just trying to stop any confusion with them.

Sprintex does not drop ship. A dealer will have to be established. AFERISTIK this is where you and I can work together to get it right for all of us.

They have a big concern with people thinking this is a easy thing to do.

WARNING! If you are going to play you will pay.

If you are not serious about this then maybe you should wait and see what happens to the first 5.

There is no certain time that if these 5 or 10 sell when they will make some more.
If there is a need then we can go to Sprintex USA and have them ask Sprintex AU to make some more.

Keep in mind that they are really busy with the Jeep line.
They are not actively looking to sell these.
Not at the top of the list.
So you might be at there mercy when the next group gets made.

These things are like turbos tuned for you location.
Then you ride to the mountain and it will run a little rough.
I can only see this happening with a so,so tune.

There are no tuners period.
Your will HAVE TO PUT THE BIKE ON THE DYNO!!!!!!!

I have a feeling the engines will be hurt because of bad tuning.

Warranty is as above.

The instructions are the old set. They have not been updated.

Bottom line Buyer Beware!

er Beware!If you have any questions please let me know.

rod

#102 ·
Oh the belt guard can be PC or painted.

YOU will be the one doing that.

#104 ·
Thanks Rod for all you are doing - so is the price $3500?? plus shipping ?
Yes

As of right now it appears 4 units are spoken for.

2- Going West
2- Going East

One left...

#110 ·
Go beg you wifes for permission before someone gets it gentlemen!!! RUUUNNNN!!! :bolt

:rofl:
Chicken Shit!!!!

:hidesbeh:

:D

#107 ·
Hi guys ,
Have not been on here for a while - but these are my views on this product
I fitted mine (2008) on my '08 night rod with 5,000kms on the clock
Only issue I had was the pulley (drive) came loose ( my fault for not using red. Loctite) but that countersunk 6mm Allen key is a bitch to get off when used
I brought a new one a drilled and tapped an M5 grub screw through the head into the pulley - all good
They have upgraded the offside support bracket - nice billet ally unit with neoprene mounts
Water pump has also been upgraded
I have 50,000 Kms on my unit - engine rebuilt @ 30,000 ( not due to the unit rather blowing clutch and 240 tyre at a mates funeral - great send off
Recommended spares
Belt , drive pulley, water pump and belt adjuster

I used destroyer cams and injectors about 10,000kms ago - increased hp from 143 to 154 and about 96 tq , I had the model that came with its own piggy bacK ECM , played around with the SE tuner and ended up going back to the supplied ( above was not recommended by the guys at Sprintex - rather my view on seeing what it would go like)
I ride from country rides to , Bangkok city traffic and its bloody hot and very has it boiled nor shut down on me

Hope this post answers some hesitation by the forum members - this is a quality product and works great

Cheers
Dicko

#109 ·
Thank you for your input!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.