Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Sprintex Supercharger

39K views 374 replies 42 participants last post by  BIG POPPA 66 
#1 ·
Hey all,

In the past there has been some problems with the bearing not being fitted very well in the housing.

I have been told that the entire unit has been reworked.

They are NOT supplying any tuning kits. You will have to use what you have or get something that works.

The unit requires you to interchange the TB parts onto the S/C.
I would recommend contacting ohioVROD (Fitzgerald Motor Sports) and haveScott weld the screws in on the butterflies.

I have been in contact with them for a couple of weeks.

I am in the process of becoming the Vrod Supercharger Dealer in the USA.

I will not be responsible for an waranty items.

I can assist you if need be.

I am just the guy to go to if you wish to buy a unit.

MSRP is $4995.00
10% discount $4495.50

If you are serious about buying a kit please post up.
I need at least 5 to get a better discount.

If there is not enough interest then this will die!!!!!

I have wanted one of these and now it is going to happen.

1. rsc

See less See more
#344 ·
#1 Choice, DTT VRFID
:them:
:D

The only thing pissing me off right now is that I sold my stock cams.

:deal: cheap enough and plenty of them out there.

:blahblah:
Frank and I have talked about these units and are in agreement on all items.

Frank and I are doing 2 different set ups.

Frank is going the new route with all the bells.

I am going old route and using a SERT with my turbo map as a base.

We both still need to get more info.

Waiting on the engineers to answer the question.

Thanks again for all the interest.

Stay tuned!!!

#347 ·
Who did you find for the installation and tuning?

What kind of tuning are you planning to use?

Right now were are missing some key information that would be require to properly complete the installation. Until some of those things are answered, I think your installer will become freustrated and wind up charging you for more hours that it should because te manual is so far off from what comes in the kit now. There are a number of steps in the manual that I beleive are no longer required and a few that should be called out that are not in there.

#348 ·
Well if guys as knowledgeable and versed on the subject like Frank and Rod are waiting for more light in the install subject, then it must be VERY deviated or different than it's supposed to be??? I wonder because my mech installed one a year ago and he enjoyed the install saying it was a breeze, don't know which version it was and if the instructions where accurate though... He builds turbo systems "from scratch" so maybe that might have helped him figuring out the bugs if he found any..

#350 ·
Maybe, I dont know. i just contacted the owner of the bike and he's frikkin' happy with it. He uses it regularly and have no problem so far, of course he doesnt ride 1,000 miles a day like some of you do in the States since we have 1/10 of a distance to do that LOL!

#353 ·
Last 2 delivered safe and sound.

Hope you all have fun doing your builds.

#354 ·
now ,wheres that like button ,i cant find it when i really want to use it ,grrrrr,thankyou rod for being the middleman and great duuuuuuudddeeeeee,lol, on this one ,im sure everyone really appreciates it ,i do i and iant even got one of these

yet,lol,

#356 ·
now ,wheres that like button ,i cant find it when i really want to use it ,grrrrr,thankyou rod for being the middleman and great duuuuuuudddeeeeee,lol, on this one ,im sure everyone really appreciates it ,i do i and iant even got one of these
:them: Thanks again to Rod and Doc for delivering the units yesterday :notworth::notworth::notworth:

#363 ·
I heard back from Sprintex today.

There are basically a couple sections in the manual that are no longer applicable and you really should be using it with an ECU that can add more fuel with boost (not just vacuum).

Ignore the modification of your fuel pressure regulator.

Ignore the part about removing the Schrader valve and adding a fuel line.

Ignore the part about adding the supplementary injector.

Replace the stock injectors with the ones supplied. (not mentioned in manual)

Ignore the air temp sensor on the front of the unit.

Ignore the whole section about adding the supplementary ECU and wire harness. (you will still extend the IAC Servo and TPS wires as instructed)

There are 2 questions that I still want further clarification on, one being the flow rate of the new Injectors (they told me they were the Destroyer Version, but they have 12 holes and a violet band on them while the Destroyer ones I use have 6 holes). The other is the specification on the included MAP sensor (which they tell me is a 3-Bar) We at least need to know the voltage range for full scale.

If you just install it all on a bike and don't change the ECU or drastically change the map inside, it will be terribly rich at low loads (bigger injectors without compensation) and dangerously lean once you get into the boost (as your stock MAP sensor maxes out at 1-bar (0 boost).

Just proceed with care as this is far from a plug and play kit.

#369 ·
i heard back from sprintex today.

There are basically a couple sections in the manual that are no longer applicable and you really should be using it with an ecu that can add more fuel with boost (not just vacuum).

Ignore the modification of your fuel pressure regulator.

Ignore the part about removing the schrader valve and adding a fuel line.

Ignore the part about adding the supplementary injector.

Replace the stock injectors with the ones supplied. (not mentioned in manual)

ignore the air temp sensor on the front of the unit.

Ignore the whole section about adding the supplementary ecu and wire harness. (you will still extend the iac servo and tps wires as instructed)

there are 2 questions that i still want further clarification on, one being the flow rate of the new injectors (they told me they were the destroyer version, but they have 12 holes and a violet band on them while the destroyer ones i use have 6 holes). The other is the specification on the included map sensor (which they tell me is a 3-bar) we at least need to know the voltage range for full scale.

If you just install it all on a bike and don't change the ecu or drastically change the map inside, it will be terribly rich at low loads (bigger injectors without compensation) and dangerously lean once you get into the boost (as your stock map sensor maxes out at 1-bar (0 boost).

Just proceed with care as this is far from a plug and play kit.
have you found anything else that needs to be done or to bypass in the install??

#365 ·
New boxed Weber / Magneti Marelli PICO fuel injector - IWP189 with violet band

12 hole 'cone shaped' spray pattern for perfect atomisation when used as a 'shower' injector high up in the air intake stream,

For use with fuel systems at 2.5bar up to 5bar line pressure

Static flow rate - 510cc/min at 3bar

High impedance 14ohm for use with any EFI system with a 2amp injector driver (which is just about all of them)

Injector 'dead time' / battery correction data is available if required.

Standard equipment on all these Ducati bikes
•1098R (high flow injector)
•S4RS -later models
•Streetfighter

Standard equipment also on many Moto Guzzi.

Superb upgrade option for 749 or 999 which use the single stream yellow injectors, but will need some re-mapping.

Probably the best all round shower injector currently available for any motorsport application, car or bike.

#366 ·
#371 ·
Hi dude, these units are hardware only with old manuals.

Alot of changess.

The hardest part is going to be the TB Linkage swap.

If you follow thew manual and see the parts you do not have you skip that part.

It helps to be really knowledgable of the bikes workings.

#373 ·
another play date?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.