Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

DX Foot Peg Extensions - Beta

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  mattssi 
#1 ·
As many of you have posted about, I have been trying to find a solution for the passenger peg comfort problem.

I've decided to try and make some on my own with helps of my brother and some other folks. It's in a very preliminary stage, but here are some photos of what we have so far.

A couple goals I had:
1 - Comfortable (not hard to do compared to stock)
2 - Structural integrity so it can do its job
3 - Aesthetically pleasing whether you have the stock exhaust or not
4 - Sell 'em if there is enough interest

Everything that I've come across looks pretty hokey, is expensive, or just isn't my style.

Hopefully you guys can see past the roughness that is the current stage of the progress and let me know what you think. Some ideas have been reworked already, but I was excited to see some resemblance of a functional part.

See less See more
#3 ·
Comfort is what's lacking for the passenger legs. Hope your project brings or stretch the passenger legs further forward and down a bit. I can't wait to see the finish product and I'm pretty sure, you'll have enough demand for it. The one thing I ask is to have a chrome finish to match my DX. Ride safe...

#4 ·
What's the estimated price your thinking of?

#6 ·
Hey Mattssi if you don't have someone making these for you let me know. I can probably beat any quote and you wouldn't have to do group buys. If you have someone awesome, just trying to help.

-Keith

#8 ·
My brother (the one putting in the hard work) has a more refined version and we are working on getting scanned into CAD so it can be CNC'ed. I'm excited! Even if I never sell a set :)

The last piece of the puzzle as far as a "kit" goes is sourcing a place for the stock exhaust bushing. Open ears if anyone has a suggestion!

#9 ·
You could just make it without the bushing, and anybody that buys a set would have to press the bushing out of their existing bracket and press it into the new bracket. BTW, I am most definitely interested in a set. Let us know when you have a price nailed down.

#13 ·
The rough version is being measured/inputted into CAD currently so it can be CNC'd. Of course, since its through a hook-up, it is low-priority, but I should know more soon. After I get one run off, any further tweaks should be easy enough to accommodate.

It sucks it is taking so long, but can't do much at this point. Stay tuned!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.