Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

max top speed

12K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  DoubleVision 
#1 ·
What is the max top speed for the 2012 v rod ?

#4 ·
These bikes always have been limited in speed by gearing, nothing else. It doesn't matter how much power you have. With stock gearing you will have the same top speed, you will just get there faster.

Reactions: boletobrothers
#5 ·
These bikes always have been limited in speed by gearing, nothing else. It doesn't matter how much power you have. With stock gearing you will have the same top speed, you will just get there faster.
All bikes.

The only thing I will add is that these and all mounted speedos can be off by as much as +/- 3-4%, so members will state different results.

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/gearspeed.html

#12 ·
not necessarily, i smacked the back of a stopped car in the fast lane on 77 north in NC and i'm still alive and can walk, wipe my own ass and feed myself. i still ride also.

#8 ·
I was clocked for 146 MPH in Colorado between Trinidad and Pueblo by local LEO. They wrote me up for 99. Whew. It helped that I am a LEO/Firearms Instructor in Tulsa OK. They thought I was running, but as I came off the throttle and saw lights I pulled onto shoulder. I was running crappy 90 octane gas with 10% ethanol. I had all my gear and windshield on and was laying behind shield. I have only hit 130 on the speedo in forth a couple times since then.
I have stage 2 upgrades and some head work.

#11 ·
An 02 with a 30 tooth pulley will get real close to 150.... Like Vambo said, a 28 tooth tops out at 140ish. Keep in mind, it may show 145 or so on the speedo, but it is far from accurate...

#13 ·
An 02 with a 30 tooth pulley will get real close to 150.... Like Vambo said, a 28 tooth tops out at 140ish. Keep in mind, it may show 145 or so on the speedo, but it is far from accurate...
Mine tops out about 135-138 with my fat ass and 28 tooth! LOL I could use a good tune too, so that may be a factor. Running the Revtec/EJK Gen 3.5 unit but can't get exact just yet. Great little unit for the money I paid for it....$90 new.

#14 ·
WOW - WTF is wrong with my bike. I have run it WOT pinned and don't believe it has ever been above 120. Stock 03 with a 28th front sprocket

#19 ·
gotta shift into HIGH gear! :D :hidesbeh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.