Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Who's changed their risers and clamps out with aftermarket???

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  ZZ-ROD 
#1 ·
I am looking to do away with the factory gauge cluster and run my S3 with the portable dashboard software, and also install the Memphis Shades Hogtunes in my batwing fairing. I'm looking for a close to stock riser & clamp setup that will allow me to do this. Who has done it and what parts did you use? Thanks.

#2 ·
I did this on my 07 X. Easy replacement. I found risers at a motorcycle super store and used DX handlebars to replace my stock setup. Easy install. The only thing I had to do is drill out the two holes in the top triple tree to accommodate the new risers. The V-rod risers use a skinny bolt and the new risers had a thick one.
The risers I used were risers for a air head machine and were SAE standard. V-Rod uses Metric bolts.
J&P cycles or some such outfit has everything you need.

#7 ·
Riser length

Which length of Rizoma Risers did you buy and were they the same height and pullback as the stock V-rod risers? Could really use your help on this one as I have drop down drag bars that have already had custom lines run to and want to avoid the cost of re-running clutch and brake lines!

Cheers,
Kirk

#8 ·
Which length of Rizoma Risers did you buy and were they the same height and pullback as the stock V-rod risers? Could really use your help on this one as I have drop down drag bars that have already had custom lines run to and want to avoid the cost of re-running clutch and brake lines!

Cheers,
Kirk
The ones i bought were the 60mm ones, which is roughly 2 1/2 inches rise. They sat a little bit higher than stock so they gave a nice pullback on the bars thus improving comfort.

Hope this helps you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.