Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

best 3/4 Helmet when riding the R?

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  rejector 
#1 ·
anyone have any good suggestions? I am looking for that vintage cafe racer/ 70s old school look.

#2 ·
Since you asked about 3/4 helmets.

Bell Custom 500

DOT, "Throwbacks and retro lids are nice, but nothing beats an original..."

#4 ·
#12 ·
Why anyone has less than a full face is beyond me. The full face saved my ear. My favorite is "loud pipes save lives" not one of those believers would think of putting a helmet on.

:them: Here in Idaho we have the chaps wearing folks that claim that they wear the assless leather pants for protection, but refuse to utilize a helmet for any reason.

#15 ·
#17 · (Edited)
About a year ago, i was pulled over by some overweight, overpaid, undereducated countstabulary in melbourne australia. I was wearing a snell approved helmet; which i have had since 1980. I was booked for an uncertified helmet for 239 aussie pesos (250 us pesos) and lost 3 demerit points. When i pointed out the helmet was owned by me before australia certification came into effect well low and behold, claims off well its to old (no comment about the rider). A discussion took place and these alleged crime fighters had no idea that even their helmets (bike cops) are only tested at roll bar 30kmph impact, 2 metre spike drop and really they appeared uncomfortable with the conversation. They did not feel uncomfortable booking me though. In any case, i got one of those nazi helmets (aus/nz certified) and shaved the inside re comfort as they are too heavy on long rides. One cannot even find the certification process for the Aus/NZ helmets online. I still use a shorty but need to put certification stickers on it as its for off road use (meaning DOT/SNELL and EU/ECE is illegal in australia). Monopoly of certification/alleged protection of markets. Rather perveted i would say, next we may have certification of tyres

http://bikersgearaustralia.com/deta...C05NjM=&Txid=a60d589aed1ca1ce186f91d517600e0b

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.