Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

V&H Competition series for a street rod???

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  The Broker 
#1 ·
Team-

This is the first time I have seen this particular exhaust for the "r" model. The author states in the comments section that the exhaust is for the MUSCLE buts fits the "r" I find that kind of odd. That said, seeing is believing and well I can see the exhaust in the video.

Does anyone have any experience with this V&H for the R? If so, do tell please.

thanks

#2 ·
muscle exhaust

I bought the muscle v and h comp two into one for my 09 A model. I was told that it gave a little more ground clearance. The muscle heads have a slight difference in the head bolt mounting setup and since the clamp on the exhaust pivots that is of little consequence. Do not know about the other mount for the muffler. I personally would THINK that it could be made to work. Best to you

#3 ·
I bought the muscle v and h comp two into one for my 09 A model. I was told that it gave a little more ground clearance. The muscle heads have a slight difference in the head bolt mounting setup and since the clamp on the exhaust pivots that is of little consequence. Do not know about the other mount for the muffler. I personally would THINK that it could be made to work. Best to you
This looks like a pretty sweet set-up. I will do some more research and probably follow suit.

#4 ·
It looks like it works... but my question is why? If you have an R you are not doing anything but killing the ability for it to turn right... It hangs really low even on the muscle and scrapes real early. If I had an R I would probably get the D and D as it retains the most clearance of any of the 2 into 1 exhausts... just my .02.

#5 ·
Hangs too low, and too loud. A CFR might be a better choice. Ruins ground clearance. It is light, and if you don't turn corners, might be OK. Joe

#8 ·
Had one years ago. Good, loud, and worked well. Use the search feature - there is plenty of videos of it running. Very light weight, and uses your stock head pipes. Bolts right up, too. Post a wanted in the classified - I bet there is a used one around. Joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.