Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

What did you do to your V-Rod today

1M views 8K replies 930 participants last post by  2003 VRod Rider 
#1 ·
I noticed we didn't have one of these, and figured I'd make one. I mod on some car forums, and they are usually pretty interesting topics.

So did you mod, maintain, fix something?

Today
- I changed and bled the rear brakes (now its very very stiff hmmm)
- Relocated the rear signal to the shock mounts using a kit (required pulling the shock tops, rear fender, under-fender, cutting the under fender, and extending the wires)
- Installed the side-mount from Killervrod.... had to cut my plate smaller, but looks good. I didn't install the LED yet.
- Removed the Screaming Chicken exhaust and packed them up, getting TAB's this week

#6,425 ·
Replaced lower ratty looking forks with chrome ones and changed out the stock mirrors with something more bike themed. Before and after picks to come.

Before:

#6,427 ·
Took the long way around to pick up my new brake bleeder screws and order Black Axle covers for the back, visited 2 buddies at work, filled the tank with Non Ethanol 93, then went TT Racing...Tavern to Tavern....
Kept if safe, really loving the sound of my shorty cans !

#6,430 ·
Endured 3 1/2 hour car ride so I could buy an 09 Muscle with 2800 miles on it. Then I added 220 miles to my new bike riding it home through Eastern Washington and the beautiful Columbia River Gorge.

#6,432 ·
Rode to Daytona from ft. Lauderdale yesterday. Took a look at Bruce rossmeyer HD to hopefully see the new 500 and 750, but no luck...no love for the vrod either.

I was at Chi-Town H-D in Tinley Park, IL yesterday for my 20,666 service. They had both the 500 and 750 available. The list on the 500 was $7,500.00 and the 750 was $8,100.00. For those prices you can get a Sportster 883.
They also had 5 or 6 V-Rods. The salesman said they haven't sold any of the 500/750's yet.

#6,433 ·
I have been at Rossmeyer twice this year, at least they had some V-Rods on the floor, took my dealer 6 months to have two.
My son was sitting on a nice Dyna, and the sales guy was giving pros and cons of the Sporty's over they Dyna, then he dropped this bomb...the sportster is the fastest accelerating bike Harley builds......I just looked at him and said "no shit" news to me.
At least my parts counter guys like my DX.

Rode to Daytona from ft. Lauderdale yesterday. Took a look at Bruce rossmeyer HD to hopefully see the new 500 and 750, but no luck...no love for the vrod either.

I was at Chi-Town H-D in Tinley Park, IL yesterday for my 20,666 service. They had both the 500 and 750 available. The list on the 500 was $7,500.00 and the 750 was $8,100.00. For those prices you can get a Sportster 883.
They also had 5 or 6 V-Rods. The salesman said they haven't sold any of the 500/750's yet.

#6,435 ·
Finished this week:

Arnott's
Powdercoated swingarm
Rear axle bolt covers
Modified and chromed upper belt guard
2d soloseatstorage unit
New Metzelers 200/120
Oil/filter change

#6,437 ·
Removed the Tab Autotuner from the F, ready to install the Cobra PowrPro tomorrow. Did oil and filter change on the A, finally has 5,000 miles on it. Thought about pulling mid controls off the D to swap out with local dealer mechanics DX forwards but decided to wait until tomorrow for that.

#6,438 ·
Took a morning ride around Lake Lavon to drain the aux gas tank prior to loading it on the trailer. I really don't need the weight of the gas all he way back there for 1100 miles on the trailer up to Sturgis.

Yesterday I got the trailer welded where it has rusted through, and checked the left turn clearance with the latest drawbar combo. I am using a raised drawbar to get the rear of the trailer as close to the ground as possible. Makes it easier to load and unload.

I'll load the bike tomorrow, heading to Wichita Monday.

#6,439 ·
So as I'm checking out everything prior to loading the bike, I check out the condition of the bushings on the quick disconnect RoadKing luggage rack. I discover one of the bolts that holds the attachment points to the Cycle Vision plates is missing! Had to scrounge a bit but I replaced both rear bolts with longer ones, self locking nuts, and a bit of elbow grease.

Oh, and I loaded the bike.

#6,441 · (Edited)
But then I have to live with it in the van. Or worry about it bouncing off the trailer enroute. Considering I have probably 20,000 miles with it bouncing back there, It'll be allright. Here is a picture of the repair I did. The bolts I used have self locking nuts, where the original were threaded directly into the Cycle Vision plates.

#6,443 ·
You'll like those ISO grips, very nice imho.

John

#6,444 ·
Rain didn't stop me from playing with the bike. Mods since I got it:

Custom Dynamics Taillight
Custom Integrated Mirrors
Side mount License Plate
Remove Dogass Piece
Custom Derby Cover
Custom Cam Covers
Red LED Engine Light Kit
Cell Phone Mount
Plastidipped Air Intake Covers
Changed to Amsoil

To be continued...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

#6,445 ·
I removed the strap. Finally strapless!
Went topless after flashing with a new map that SVFiat uploaded.
Flipped my plate vertical on the stock mount.
Replaced mounting bolt on the exhaust that the dealer installed.

I feel like it's been a productive day!

#6,448 ·
New black axle covers front and rear, ordered my replacement clutch reservoir and popped for a set of Black and Red Oberon levers, and an oil filter, time for some Royal Purple.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.