What do you think about this deal? - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 02-16-2017, 10:03 PM   #1
storx
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What do you think about this deal?

I was posting on another post that i was looking at maybe getting a Vrod for longer rides, someone on here sent me a message that he has a Nightrod for sale, offered me his 2006 Nightrod 29k miles for 4k, said the gas tank has a few scratches and a small dent and the exhaust has some scratches from dropping it on a gravel road. From the pictures i cant make out the scratches really... so thinking of driving a few hours to go check it out. THought i ask the masses about the deal.
storx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2017, 01:13 AM   #2
TwinOaks
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
2006 D has the smaller gas tank and mid pegs. Worth every penny of $4K pending condition.
TwinOaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:09 AM   #3
stomper
REVOLUTION !!!

Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Agreed - that's a good deal
stomper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2017, 01:46 PM   #4
DarenLine
Registered Full

I also agree that $4k is a pretty good deal, even if the small gas tank was an issue it's still worth upgrading to bigger tank with the $4k price tag, or just strap a gallon of fuel to the passenger seat on longer trips!
DarenLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:15 PM   #5
storx
Registered Full

Well tomorrow im suppose to go check out that 2006, i think what he means by dent on gas tank, he is talking about the area above the motor which is not where the actual gas tank is located.

Anyways today i was itching to ride a Vrod, so i went and checked out a local shop that had a 2004 Vrod with literally no miles on it.. 3k with forward controls to see if i could take it for a spin and see how i liked the forward controls. The bike was amazing to ride on, boy its way more comfortable to ride on than my VFR i currently have.. not sure if its just the way this one was setup, but it felt perfect.. only complaint was the gas gauge, thought i ran out of gas because 3 miles into the test drive the gauge was on E, but when i looked in the tank after searching for the gas tank it was pretty full.. so apparently buggy...

to be honest the bike felt small compared to my VFR...
Old 02-20-2017, 11:44 AM   #6
storx
Registered Full

Well the deal fell through or i guess you would say a waste of time. Got the address to meet the guy 4 hours away, take a ride over the weekend to meet the guy, literally 30 mins from arriving the guy calls me up and tells me someone else pulled up and bought it.. seriously don't understand the respect and courtesy of others these days..
Old 02-20-2017, 12:45 PM   #7
oleblu72
Registered Full

Well that was certainly nice of the creep. How much were they asking for the 04 you took for a test ride?

Mark
oleblu72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 02:12 PM   #8
DarenLine
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by storx View Post
Well the deal fell through or i guess you would say a waste of time. Got the address to meet the guy 4 hours away, take a ride over the weekend to meet the guy, literally 30 mins from arriving the guy calls me up and tells me someone else pulled up and bought it.. seriously don't understand the respect and courtesy of others these days..
Sorry to hear that, been in that situation... on a positive side at least he told you instead of waiting till you get there and he doesn't show up (or open the door! which was my experience), that being said Who knows, maybe it was a bad deal, and you will find a better one soon ;-)
DarenLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 03:25 PM   #9
flybigjet
Departed the Fix.

Feedback Score: 22 reviews
V-Rod's are starting to be a dime a dozen. Keep your eye open and a better one will come along before you know it.
USAF: 1989-1997. Desert Shield (Saudi Arabia), Desert Storm (Kuwait, Iraq), Provide Comfort (Kurdistan), Restore Hope (Somalia), Uphold Democracy (Hati), Joint Endeavor (Bosnia), Support Hope (Rwanda). USAFR: 1997-2014. Iraqi Freedom (Iraq), Enduring Freedom (Afghanistan). Retired, Oct. 2014.
flybigjet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 04:33 PM   #10
TwinOaks
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Better than $4K? A wrecked R was bid up to over 3K last I looked in. Or did you mean a better "model" (IYO) perhaps?
TwinOaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 04:40 PM   #11
flybigjet
Departed the Fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinOaks View Post
Better than $4K? A wrecked R was bid up to over 3K last I looked in. Or did you mean a better "model" (IYO) perhaps?

People are idiots.

And yes, you can get a lot of bike lately for a lot less coin than in the past.

That's my OPINION.

It has no bearing on model. I don't have a dog in the fight, and you're just trying to troll me.

R.
USAF: 1989-1997. Desert Shield (Saudi Arabia), Desert Storm (Kuwait, Iraq), Provide Comfort (Kurdistan), Restore Hope (Somalia), Uphold Democracy (Hati), Joint Endeavor (Bosnia), Support Hope (Rwanda). USAFR: 1997-2014. Iraqi Freedom (Iraq), Enduring Freedom (Afghanistan). Retired, Oct. 2014.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:26 PM   #12
storx
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleblu72 View Post
Well that was certainly nice of the creep. How much were they asking for the 04 you took for a test ride?

Mark
They wanted $6200 for the 04 with very very low miles. which isnt to bad, i have thought about asking them what they would do for trade in on my current bike toward it and maybe pay a few k in cash.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:33 PM   #13
storx
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
V-Rod's are starting to be a dime a dozen. Keep your eye open and a better one will come along before you know it.
Ya, there is a few around 4k, but most are like 3+hrs away, so i might have to chance it again. There is one i sent an email on cycle trader for that has yet to respond in a few days. He has had it listed for $4800 w/20k miles for about 5 months. The only drawback is it is all silver and chromed out, i kinda prefer the blacked out look over the silver models. One plus is it already has forward controls along with large foot boards over just a peg like the 04 i test drove.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:47 PM   #14
flybigjet
Departed the Fix.

From experience?

Get the bike you like. Even if you have to wait.

It ends up being cheaper in the long run.

If you really like the blacked out look, don't settle for the chrome-- you'll always regret it.

And that regret will impact your enjoyment-- and that's sort of the whole point of having a bike, innit?

Remember, new (to you) bikes come up for sale every day-- riders die, get old and unbendy, lose interest, change hobbies, decide they need a geezer-glide, whatever.

Be patient. Your bike is out there.

Just my 0.02.

R.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:09 PM   #15
stevemcgov
Registered Full

I hope the you find the model you want. Don't buy one you think ain't pretty...
For comparison I got my 06 D Blue-Black Spoked Rims. 10k miles $5K. 09-2016
Boston Area.
I f i did it again I would want a 08 D Blue w/ABS - got the bigger tank too
I like the mids for sport riding.
You'll find a good one!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_41.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	303.2 KB
ID:	497969
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version