Thinking of buying a VROD - Page 2 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 02-17-2017, 07:12 AM   #16
biker bob
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by izcain View Post
Plenty of threads on here about cams and top end building and how it tore down their mileage also though man. I would be willing to bet that economy wise the turbo bikes fair better then the n/a bike at a steady state cruise. I would also bet they are almost the same mpg as a stock bike if tuned right and just cruised. In boost that is another story.

In the end their all cool. If it has two wheels I like it!
You are right about the mpg I went back to a 30 tooth on my 02 Turbo and it is the same as my 03 stock and the mpg is the same far as I can tell so far.I will be seeing this spring just how close it is. you are right about about the Boost. The only problem is once you use the boost and feel the raw power you just got to use it. ( I'am like you I have never seen a worthless bike they are all good. but people now that is another story)
biker bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2017, 06:30 PM   #17
streetrodracer
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Build on Reality not a Dream that can become a Nightmare.

yea, izcain the Turbos are great for mileage IF you are not using them. For me Good luck with that, if my bikes got it, I wanna feel it ! That's gonna burn fuel, and if I feel a little of course I want more so probably now I'm close to endangering my engine. I had a 4 cylinder Turbo car for 100K miles, replaced a few Turbos ( big pain in the arse ) sold it, told my buyer to be careful, he overboosted it and broke the rings. Of course I spent a month rebuilding the engine, new turbo, ran like hell again, down the road out of my life thank God. Anyway everyones a bit different, now I have a 6 liter N/A T/B SS SUV. Gets 13 Mpg pulling 5000 lbs of trailer and M/C's at 75mph or driving around town. No turbos to ever replace. So I'm a N/A guy, its the KISS factor- I gotta keep it simple stupid. Sensible cam, no wild race heads, good pipe and computer dial the fuel and just f'n ride it. I work on broken jets all week long, -I don't need any more machines to fix or to worry about blowing up, and I like the clean look of a N/A Revo. Thats just me -a case can be built for any direction, N/A, Turbo, S/C. Bring money, it always helps - and you'll need it, especially if we blow one up that wasn't built for long term reliability !
streetrodracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:20 AM   #18
izcain
Registered Full

Thinking of buying a VROD

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetrodracer View Post
yea, izcain the Turbos are great for mileage IF you are not using them. For me Good luck with that, if my bikes got it, I wanna feel it ! That's gonna burn fuel, and if I feel a little of course I want more so probably now I'm close to endangering my engine. I had a 4 cylinder Turbo car for 100K miles, replaced a few Turbos ( big pain in the arse ) sold it, told my buyer to be careful, he overboosted it and broke the rings. Of course I spent a month rebuilding the engine, new turbo, ran like hell again, down the road out of my life thank God. Anyway everyones a bit different, now I have a 6 liter N/A T/B SS SUV. Gets 13 Mpg pulling 5000 lbs of trailer and M/C's at 75mph or driving around town. No turbos to ever replace. So I'm a N/A guy, its the KISS factor- I gotta keep it simple stupid. Sensible cam, no wild race heads, good pipe and computer dial the fuel and just f'n ride it. I work on broken jets all week long, -I don't need any more machines to fix or to worry about blowing up, and I like the clean look of a N/A Revo. Thats just me -a case can be built for any direction, N/A, Turbo, S/C. Bring money, it always helps - and you'll need it, especially if we blow one up that wasn't built for long term reliability !

I couldn't agree more lol.

I have one of each in the stable, a s/c daily, a turbo truck, dedicated nitrous drag car, and the good ol n/a SUV Denali for the kid toter.

That's why I have been on the fence about doing anything else to the bike. I would like more power but i already have other toys in the stable that require constant attention (drag car) as well as other hot rods. Between that and business I don't know if I want to worry about the trip to and from the house lol. Although I love to tinker with bikes!

Old 02-18-2017, 02:11 AM   #19
Torchsport
Horsepower Whisperer

My Street Rod is the ONLY Harley I ever considered buying.
It will be the only Harley I ever buy.

So yeah....I'm absolutely a fan.
2006 VRSCR "Street Rod"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Yamaha YZF-R1
Torchsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 06:31 AM   #20
Liv Tag
Tag

That's shit news that the VROD will cease production, they are the best Harley built as they have awesome power & reliable too, i suppose HD don't want that but i know that they were the 3rd best selling model in Australia last yr. Get one and keep it as it's as good a Harley you can get.
Liv Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement